Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I don't know about enhancement (because I never found it to be a fun spec) but I love the way elemental works now, really fun to play. I like just being focused around cool, elemental spells without needing to deal with totems and buffs. And it's really fun to pull a massive number of mobs and pop earth elemental to tank them all while I chain lightning and earthquake them to all hell. I hope blizzard doesn't change elemental much, ever.
    Elemental is in a fine spot, meanwhile enhancement is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Elemental is in a fine spot, meanwhile enhancement is awful.
    Enhancement isn't "awful", it has bad aoe and summed up it is often an 1 button spec.

But dps wise it isn't

The rework was set to be in 8.1. And it came. 3 Talents were changed but you only use one of them. Also lighning bolt was buffed but you dont use that either now. Earthshock was nerfed because why should a finishing ability do damage?
    Enhancer got nothing though.

Thats blizzards idea of a rework.

To be fair though they buffed igneous potential and that accidentally enabled a good playstyle for ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Enhancement isn't "awful", it has bad aoe and summed up it is often an 1 button spec.

But dps wise it isn't
    It's bloated and one button spec at the same time, that's what amazing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bloated and one button spec at the same time, that's what amazing about it.
    Bloated? How so? You mean procs?

So many buttons to press to have a lower result than a 3 button retribution paladin and than you keep spamming SS when it procs like a zombie.

Elemental is super fun to play. Check that out if you are bored playing enhancement or restoration. You won’t regret

10+ Year Old Account
    So many buttons to press to have a lower result than a 3 button retribution paladin and than you keep spamming SS when it procs like a zombie.
    I dont mind that as much, pehaps if FL and FB had a longer duration, but then they'd run the risk of becoming smth you renewed once in a while

No idea... Could be that enhance doenst start dpsing for 4-5 gcd's to get all the buffs rolling, and then a gcd or two of vigorous prayer to the RNG gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    No idea... Could be that enhance doenst start dpsing for 4-5 gcd's to get all the buffs rolling, and then a gcd or two of vigorous prayer to the RNG gods.
    Yea that is the case. It takes a bit to get it going, and if you wish to be on top, you better hope SS and LL (if you're Primal Primer specced) procs happen right at the start.

I play primal primer spec, and I find it a lot better than SS spam. The priority system actually lets you play the class instead of fishing for procs. You still have procs you need to react to, but by putting a huge emphasis on maelstrom usage and minimizing wastage, it forces you to actually focus on what you are doing. Yes enhancement needs work, but it's not all doom and gloom like you read on here.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

nothing will be done, not in 8.2, not even 9.0
    Blizzard hate Shamans

To me it’s simple, I’ve played enhancement for the last 10+ years. I’ve never switched till BFA, the spec imo is a clunky mess, finally when another option such as the primal primer spec is found Blizzard nerf it ASAP. That says to me what Blizzard want enhancement to be, a spec purely based on rng waiting for procs for SS.

If you value a easier life, bigger numbers and can actually compete with some of the best classes in AoE damage. If you want to be instantly better in PVP solely because of the introduction of Lightning Lasso, if you’re progressive and don’t want to let your friends down. Go elemental, if you enjoy the play style of enhancement, more to you. Just don’t be sad if people question why your aren’t elemental or never invite you to a group.

I’m not a elitist, I’ve never played up to the FotM crowd. Some people change classes and go to extraordinary lengths to produce higher numbers. This is different, there is no penalty for changing spec anymore. Just press one button, you’re still a shaman but you’re a better shaman. It’s as simple as that, perhaps when Blizzard look at their logs they’ll see most dps shaman have gone Ele so hopefully they’ll close the gap between both specs.

That’s how I feel anyway, a life long enhancer.

As a long time enhancer too, I'm probably rerolling also. I have zero interest in the playstyle of a caster dps, so simply switching to elemental isn't an option for me.

The spec is still fun to me (believe it or not) but it suffers in so many different forms of content. The spec is mediocre to bad in raids, awful in M+, awful in pvp, and tedious in things like islands (for those that care about that sort of thing heh).

I could live with the poor damage tuning but on top of that, enhance also has poor survivability especially in mythic raids and higher keys. It's extremely frustrating to have a spec that not only brings unimpressive dps, but is also a liability at times for healers and frankly it feels like blizzard isn't really supporting the spec.

These things should have been fixed ages ago but they haven't touched it and it makes me feel like I gambled my time with enhancement and lost.