Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Herald of the Titans Alex86el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greece-EU
    Posts
    2,589
    dont feed the darkspear ;p

  2. #102
    Pandaren Monk Lupinemancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Be Draenei

    Settle on primitive world full of shamans worshiping rocks and fire.

    Be so full of yourself that you rename their planet after your race.

    You also have a prophet as a leader who knows for a fact that he is being pursued by space Lucifer and its only a matter of time before space Lucifer catches up

    The orcs and ogres of this world have no greater concept of evil

    And you do absolutely nothing to warn them of the great evil that is coming

    AND IN A MOVE THAT SURPRISED NO ONE SPACE LUCIFER WAS ABLE TO CORRUPT PRIMITIVES

    And because your race remained secluded and hid away from the world instead of trying to coexist with the natural inhabitants, you get purged.

    Oh and the Naaru that you brought to this world is now evil getting up to no good

    Proceed to leave Draenor a fel shattered rock and try to play the victim about it
    Being an enemy of an evil faction doesn't make you evil. I know the Horde want to be the good guys, but they aren't, so just drop it kiddo.
    Horde = Evil.
    Alliance = Good.
    That's just fact.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Those were Eredar :P The Draenei are the 1/3 of the faction that left the planet to be hunted by the 2/3.
    So putting your post and that of Soon-TM together: The Draenei we know as such are all stupid, which does sort of match their in-game representation... :P

  4. #104
    I would agree that they are stupid and short-sighted (so much for turbo IQ and Naaru help) but evil? No.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    What bothers me about that is that the orcs had to do that after they were deceived by the demons.
    Wrong.
    They did it before they get corrupted

    If you're quiting send me your gold.
    For The AllianceFor The Horde

  6. #106
    Elemental Lord Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    8,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Wrong.
    They did it before they get corrupted
    they were already deceived and influenced by demon magic

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    If that were the only reason, then why did the Legion use them to attack Azeroth? They could have walked away and let the orcs murder each other. And why did the Legion corrupt the nathrezim, the eredar, or the night elves? None of those were tied to "exterminating the draenei." If you think that Kil'jaeden saw the potential for the orcs and would've just skipped over them had the draenei not been there, then I think you're underestimating the Legion's motivation to corrupt powerful races across the universe.
    The only reason Kil'Jaeden even ever found out about the orcs, was because of the Draenei... And of course he'd use them to invade Azeroth, because that's been the Legion's goal the whole time...

    You seem to be selectively ignoring parts of the lore...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    The only reason Kil'Jaeden even ever found out about the orcs, was because of the Draenei... And of course he'd use them to invade Azeroth, because that's been the Legion's goal the whole time...

    You seem to be selectively ignoring parts of the lore...
    The reason he found out about the orcs when he did was because of the draenei. Even if the draenei had been destroyed back in Argus, Kil'jaeden would have still likely corrupted the orcs, as he did with the nathrezim and annihilan. He didn't only target races because of what the draenei did, and the orcs were useful for more than just eradicating the draenei. If you look back to WC, Kil'jaeden corrupted the orcs even after the draenei had been nearly completely eradicated (before the TBC retcon), so it would've happened with or without the draenei's presence.

  9. #109
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    22,914
    Orcs go full blown genocidal at the drop of a hat.

    If I crash landed on their planet I'd stay the fuck away from them too.

  10. #110
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having tea with a cuddly orc
    Posts
    25,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Orcs go full blown genocidal at the drop of a hat.

    If I crash landed on their planet I'd stay the fuck away from them too.
    Before the asshole writers in wod decided to screw up the past and ignore Warcrafts actual past with their revamped alternative reality past story, in the actual past lore, the orcs weren't a war like race, as rise of the horde, the novel, showcased

    This is what happens when a franchise has writers changing hands every few years, people who think they can redo past stories better

  11. #111
    Bloodsail Admiral DaHomieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Remember when the Orcs genocided so many Draenei that they were able to pave a big ol' road called Path of Glory with their bones?

    Orcs are a culture of peace.
    Yeah but the orcs did that BECAUSE they were corrupted. Prior to that they lived peacefully with their new Draenei neighbors.

  12. #112
    Be orcs

    Spend countless years barely evolving as a species to the point where an alternate universe outsider needed to teach you how to properly use fucking iron

    Continue warring between each other and engaging in random primitive acts of vengeance

    Speak to an ancestor that tells you to slaughter an entire species

    Do not question this bizarre and extremely uncharacteristic statement at all

    Attack and slaughter draenei with no assistance or interference from demons at all

    Fail

    Voluntarily drink demon blood so you can more effectively slaughter the innocent race trying to defend itself

    Go on to attack even more innocents in other worlds because why stop there?

    See how easy this is? Yeah from some twisted perspective you can see basically anyone as evil. Orcs and draenei were at best unfriendly co-habitants, they never were really on proper speaking terms, what the hell do you expect draenei to do? And who the hell even says draenei never warned the orcs about the Legion anyway?

    It took one easily-disguised finger pointing at the draenei for the orcs to start massacring them. And even without that finger, the orcs still went on the same massacre. Orcs are not the good guys here. Draenei may not be blameless but you can't fault them for daring to exist and trying to survive, especially when Velen prophesied that the draenei had to survive in order to defeat the Legion.

    I want to clarify though that I don't think the orcs are evil either, I made that to prove a point to OP. Trying to victim-blame the draenei for daring to be hunted across the universe is pretty shitty, even when we're talking about a fictional race.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-09 at 10:26 PM.

  13. #113
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    22,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Before the asshole writers in wod decided to screw up the past and ignore Warcrafts actual past with their revamped alternative reality past story, in the actual past lore, the orcs weren't a war like race, as rise of the horde, the novel, showcased

    This is what happens when a franchise has writers changing hands every few years, people who think they can redo past stories better
    Ignoring that the orcs went full blown genocidal in MoP?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Yeah but the orcs did that BECAUSE they were corrupted. Prior to that they lived peacefully with their new Draenei neighbors.

    We've seen the orcs try the genocide thing twice now without corruption. So, nice try, but no. Orcs are just violent dickbags.

  14. #114
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Genocide against the trolls... the ones that scalped people, made them into dried body parts, and canabalized humans? hmmm
    garithos was not evil, just abit of a racist to the elves, which is bad, but not evil when compared to right out mass genocide.
    not liking elves is far better then mass genocide.

    wanting to kill kalethas... hmmm i wonder why...
    supporting the purge of dalaran? scooz me? did you hear varians reaction? also the purge of dalaran was not "humans being evil" you do know ALOT of the purge was done by ELVES right? do you forget the one who did most of the killing was vereesa... AN ELF. also the purge of dalaran was not just people being evil, it was a fight after the horde had betrayed the neutralitly of the city for the first time.

    hailing arthas as a hero? when he returned and killed his father NOT A SINGLE SANE HUMAN PRAISED HIM.

    when he returned yes, cause no one knew what happened in northrend.

    you seriously are twisting everything just like op my dude.

    Mind telling me when the alliance commit genocide to an innocent defencless race they were allies with until that moment? when they slaughtered their prisonsers, enslaves, raped, murdered, tortured, and drained the souls of? mind telling me when the humans destroyed a planet, and hoped to destroy hundreds more?
    1) Trolls doesn't eat human or elf meat unless they are bordeline of starvation because they believe if you consume the meat of weak people you just become weak as them and usually used the parts for their loas in rituals and decoration purpose, the same thing the humans and elves did with troll husks, feets and even using some parts for different and weird things as luxory hides(for a short time)

    2) Now killing Kael'thas was bad? The only wrong Arthas did was not wiping out the rest of the humans kingdomes!

    3) Yes Arthas being hail as a hero after Stratholme which in the human standars of wow seems to be a vile act, still people didn't give a damm about that which only proves that both Jaina and Uther are 2 of the biggest morons in the old alliance

    4) You have the vulperas being hunted by the alliance and their homes being burned, also just wait for Yrel setting Orgrimmar into the biggest pyre of the continent
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  15. #115
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    1) Trolls doesn't eat human or elf meat unless they are bordeline of starvation because they believe if you consume the meat of weak people you just become weak as them and usually used the parts for their loas in rituals and decoration purpose, the same thing the humans and elves did with troll husks, feets and even using some parts for different and weird things as luxory hides(for a short time)

    2) Now killing Kael'thas was bad? The only wrong Arthas did was not wiping out the rest of the humans kingdomes!

    3) Yes Arthas being hail as a hero after Stratholme which in the human standars of wow seems to be a vile act, still people didn't give a damm about that which only proves that both Jaina and Uther are 2 of the biggest morons in the old alliance

    4) You have the vulperas being hunted by the alliance and their homes being burned, also just wait for Yrel setting Orgrimmar into the biggest pyre of the continent
    1. "Cannibalism is a relatively common troll practice. Several specific troll tribes have been confirmed as cannibalistic, including the Mossflayer and Vilebranch tribes. All of the currently known tribes of ice trolls practice cannibalism. Sand trolls, forest trolls, dark trolls, and jungle trolls are also frequently cannibalistic. Notable exceptions include the Zandalar and Revantusk tribes. The Darkspear tribe practiced cannibalism until they joined forces with the Horde, who forbade the practice.[10]

    Not all trolls practice voodoo, but it is as widespread as cannibalism. Little is known about the emergence of voodoo among the trolls, for most tribes that possess such knowledge are unwilling to share it with outsiders. However, with the recent advent of Zandalari trolls to Yojamba Isle, many researchers have speculated that voodoo may have originated with the Zandalari.[10]"

    2. what? why are you jumping back and forth

    3. what? stratholme was a neccisary thing, it was not evil to put his people out of their misery, and kill them before they could turn. you are seriously streching to obscene standards here. What Arthas did in stratholme was not evil, however it was difficult. Killing the undead, or those about to turn into undeath is not an evil act.

    if you have a family member who is about to die, and they are going through insane pain, would you dare call it evil to pull their life support? what the fuck is wrong wiht you.

    4. vulpera being hunted? mind showing me where? also their homes being burned... with no one inside... the horde would NEVER do such a thing... oh no, they wouldnt, cause they wouldnt let the people escape first.

    yrel is not part of the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  16. #116
    Mechagnome saintminya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twilight Highlands
    Posts
    653
    The cloud of alliance-bias in here is pretty thick.

    Upon arriving on the planet, the Draenei introduced themselves to the Orc shamans in Nagrand. They respected each other, and due to the Draenei choice to mainly remain isolated, the Orcs also mainly kept to themselves. There was peace until Ner'zhul was deceived by the deceiver. Ner'zhul wasn't dumb, if he had been warned that there was a being trekking across the stars in pursuit of the prophet Velen who was exceptionally gifted at deceiving others to do his bidding, then it is reasonable to say that he may have been suspicious about his visions of his wife urging him to abandon his peaceful ways. Being warned about KJ may have also made no difference. That is something we can't know for sure.

    What we can know for certain is that the Draenei knew who were pursuing them. They knew the Legion razed the planets in their path. They may have crashed there on Draenor, but they willingly decided to make it their permanent residence. They knew it was inhabited by cultures beyond their own, and they knew the planet was doomed upon KJ's arrival. The Legion as a whole may never have wound up there if not for KJ's pursuit, as Azeroth was always the focus. Velen and his followers knew the planet was doomed, and made zero effort to prevent it. Not on their own, and not with any of the other inhabitants of the planet. We know Ner'zhul was not told about Kil'jaeden. We know that no Orc not named Gul'dan knew about him or his plan. We know that no Draenei ever told any Orc about KJ.

    Orcs were the bigger victims in all this. They had their way of life uprooted and exchanged for bloodlust, and lost their home planet. Velen's Draenei abandoned their home planet, while brave Draenei stayed defending it. Then after fleeing dozens of other planets, set up their beacon on the Orcish homeworld. The Draenei lost plenty of lives, but their cowardice cost the Orc's their planet.

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. "Cannibalism is a relatively common troll practice. Several specific troll tribes have been confirmed as cannibalistic, including the Mossflayer and Vilebranch tribes. All of the currently known tribes of ice trolls practice cannibalism. Sand trolls, forest trolls, dark trolls, and jungle trolls are also frequently cannibalistic. Notable exceptions include the Zandalar and Revantusk tribes. The Darkspear tribe practiced cannibalism until they joined forces with the Horde, who forbade the practice.[10]

    Not all trolls practice voodoo, but it is as widespread as cannibalism. Little is known about the emergence of voodoo among the trolls, for most tribes that possess such knowledge are unwilling to share it with outsiders. However, with the recent advent of Zandalari trolls to Yojamba Isle, many researchers have speculated that voodoo may have originated with the Zandalari.[10]"

    2. what? why are you jumping back and forth

    3. what? stratholme was a neccisary thing, it was not evil to put his people out of their misery, and kill them before they could turn. you are seriously streching to obscene standards here. What Arthas did in stratholme was not evil, however it was difficult. Killing the undead, or those about to turn into undeath is not an evil act.

    if you have a family member who is about to die, and they are going through insane pain, would you dare call it evil to pull their life support? what the fuck is wrong wiht you.

    4. vulpera being hunted? mind showing me where? also their homes being burned... with no one inside... the horde would NEVER do such a thing... oh no, they wouldnt, cause they wouldnt let the people escape first.

    yrel is not part of the alliance.
    1) Cannibalism between each other, there is a mention of a mad follower of Zul from Zandalar that used to ate ice troll meat in orden to get "their frost resistance" which by Vol'jin and others Zandalaris was saw as something horrible like we see to people who eats dogs and cat. There is no proof any troll tribe used to hunt and eat humans/elves, they just used their body parts with macabre decoration which is another cultural thing(just like using luxurious hides is a horrible act for some druid groups). You still prove my point the trolls weren't really a danger for the humans welfare, only that they wanted to conquer more lands

    2) You are approving Garithos trying to kill Kael'thas and probably the majority of the blood elves army which mind you was a race near of the extintion.

    3)Nope, both Uther and Jaina were throwing a fit with the mere mention of killing peasants that were infected and just walk away while preaching about their morality, then Uther ran to cry in the shoulders of Terenas and requested his son to get back to the capital which means he wanted to trial Arthas or maybe just quiting from the militar service. In any case he and Jaina proved their morality means nothing if it brings results since nobody cared their prince did one of the few morality grey action of the entire franchise.

    4) I'm gonna leave 2 links
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEW_V1bt0lQ

    https://i.redd.it/omfxr3rrvt621.jpg

    5) Not yet but if some rumors and leaks are true, the alliance will get their inner conflict starting with the nobles that will leave an open window for some people to get power

    C'mon dude, stop roleplaying as a human paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    The cloud of alliance-bias in here is pretty thick.

    Upon arriving on the planet, the Draenei introduced themselves to the Orc shamans in Nagrand. They respected each other, and due to the Draenei choice to mainly remain isolated, the Orcs also mainly kept to themselves. There was peace until Ner'zhul was deceived by the deceiver. Ner'zhul wasn't dumb, if he had been warned that there was a being trekking across the stars in pursuit of the prophet Velen who was exceptionally gifted at deceiving others to do his bidding, then it is reasonable to say that he may have been suspicious about his visions of his wife urging him to abandon his peaceful ways. Being warned about KJ may have also made no difference. That is something we can't know for sure.

    What we can know for certain is that the Draenei knew who were pursuing them. They knew the Legion razed the planets in their path. They may have crashed there on Draenor, but they willingly decided to make it their permanent residence. They knew it was inhabited by cultures beyond their own, and they knew the planet was doomed upon KJ's arrival. The Legion as a whole may never have wound up there if not for KJ's pursuit, as Azeroth was always the focus. Velen and his followers knew the planet was doomed, and made zero effort to prevent it. Not on their own, and not with any of the other inhabitants of the planet. We know Ner'zhul was not told about Kil'jaeden. We know that no Orc not named Gul'dan knew about him or his plan. We know that no Draenei ever told any Orc about KJ.

    Orcs were the bigger victims in all this. They had their way of life uprooted and exchanged for bloodlust, and lost their home planet. Velen's Draenei abandoned their home planet, while brave Draenei stayed defending it. Then after fleeing dozens of other planets, set up their beacon on the Orcish homeworld. The Draenei lost plenty of lives, but their cowardice cost the Orc's their planet.
    Your whole argument relies on an assumption. We know the Burning Legion's goal was to destroy every single planet in the multiverse in search of world souls. Draenor was doomed whether the Draenei landed there or not. Sargeras wanted to destroy all of creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how they can't post as much because they keep getting banned, I'd say if anyone's spazzing out, it'd be them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    im not saying all blood elf fans are weird edgelord neo-nazis

    but all weird edgelord neo-nazis in wow are blood elf rpers

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, in that regard, Draenei are dicks. Velen himself had to own up to that in a way when Illidan threw it in his face during Legion that he is more or less an interstellar coward, running from his problems and vicariously bringing his problems to others' doorsteps, namely Orcs and eventually denizens of Azeroth. The corruption of the Orcs can be blamed solely on Velen and the Draenei and justifiably so.
    Yeah.... no. You're acting as if the draenei didn't exist, the Burning Legion would just leave Draenor alone.

    Newsflash: they wouldn't. The Burning Legion would eventually, sooner or later, reach Draenor and corrupt the orcs, regardless of the existence of draenei.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  20. #120
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    not even gonna respond to the rest as its right out ignoring massive key points
    i think you forget those are from PTR not release
    notice how that is november? because 8.1 released.
    because once 8.1 released the alliance scares off the vulpera.
    also you show two people fighting... oh god a vulpera attacking a human and said human burning a vulpera...
    oh and wait that's not even a human, thats a fucking dwarf.

    your video shows alliance fightign vulpera...
    and alliance burning some empty carts...
    ok? where do you see alliance "hunting" vulpera, i see you chose that specific word very carefully, and "burning their homes" small caravanes filled with supplies for the horde...

    You can literally see the horde supplies here, and the alliance side does not do any of this.
    we scare off the gaurds and then burn the supplies.

    if you do not want to become an enemy to the alliance, and have your homes burned
    dont transport horde supplies with your homes...
    "They burned down their homes!" which were filled with horde supplies...
    "They attacked them!" cause they were defending horde supplies...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-10 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •