Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, they are not. /thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    >_>
    Garrosh, who had already been poisoned and learned to hate invigorated them to go third reich.

Try again.
    "Hey this 1 dude showed up, he says hes from the future and has some cool stuff to show us in this magical world... Lets genocide an entire peaceful race."
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    There are bad and good orc clans/cultures. Same for any race. Humans had the scarlet crusade
    Thing is the scarlet crusade was not 80+% of the human race at one point. the scarlet crusade was pretty much always a minority who were hated.

- - - Updated - - -

There are bad and good orc clans/cultures. Same for any race. Humans had the scarlet crusade
    Thing is there was never a massive majority of evil humans
    there was many, many times a massive majoirty of evil orcs.
    orcs are feral by nature, blood hungry and such, while yes this could be called racist "cause people say this about IRL races" this is a video game, where we have stuff like the animations leading to wod where it was very much pointed out to us orcs are bloodthirsty by nature, and enter bloodlusts in combat, unable to distinct ally from enemy, why durotan wears his wolves pelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Be Draenei

Settle on primitive world full of shamans worshiping rocks and fire.

Be so full of yourself that you rename their planet after your race.
    Humorous how in real world, a certain kingdom's pilgrims did the same thing to a "new world" to the west. We now call that place 'Murica.

You also have a prophet as a leader who knows for a fact that he is being pursued by space Lucifer and its only a matter of time before space Lucifer catches up

The orcs and ogres of this world have no greater concept of evil

And you do absolutely nothing to warn them of the great evil that is coming

AND IN A MOVE THAT SURPRISED NO ONE SPACE LUCIFER WAS ABLE TO CORRUPT PRIMITIVES
    Yeah, in that regard, Draenei are dicks. Velen himself had to own up to that in a way when Illidan threw it in his face during Legion that he is more or less an interstellar coward, running from his problems and vicariously bringing his problems to others' doorsteps, namely Orcs and eventually denizens of Azeroth. The corruption of the Orcs can be blamed solely on Velen and the Draenei and justifiably so.

Proceed to leave Draenor a fel shattered rock and try to play the victim about it
    Pretty much on point.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    How exactly is blaming the Draenei for Draenor's destruction victim blaming? Fact of the matter is that the only reason the Legion ended up there was due to KJ pursuing Velen.
    Yeah, like if there was no draenei, the Burning Crusade would just chill on the outskirts of some galaxy far-far away.

Without draenei the Legion would come to that unnamed peaceful shamanistic planet a few years later and orcs would just genocided each other in a global warfare. Survivors, definitely the traitors of the kind, would become demons and nobody on the Azeroth would knew or care about some pig-faced grunts planet that was crusaded by the Legion like those hundreds of others.

What's wrong with the scarlet crusade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I love your profile pic!
    Thanks. I didn't make it myself.

The Orcs were aliens to Draenor, too, and the only reason the Draenei had to name the planet was because of this:
    Velen: "Greetings, brown one! My people and i would love to settle on your beautiful world! By the way....what is the name of this planet?"
    Orc: "Uh...oh....Orc smash?"
    Velen: "I see."

From what we know, the only actual natives of Draenor are the Primals and the Arakkoa. The Arakkoa named the planet "Rakshar". So if you are really that concerned with mistreated natives, this is the name you should use.

By the way: Both the Primals and the Arakkoa were genocided by the Orcs in at least two timelines.

Edit:
    Orcs were brown originally, my bad.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-09 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Thing is the scarlet crusade was not 80+% of the human race at one point. the scarlet crusade was pretty much always a minority who were hated.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is there was never a massive majority of evil humans
    there was many, many times a massive majoirty of evil orcs.
    orcs are feral by nature, blood hungry and such, while yes this could be called racist "cause people say this about IRL races" this is a video game, where we have stuff like the animations leading to wod where it was very much pointed out to us orcs are bloodthirsty by nature, and enter bloodlusts in combat, unable to distinct ally from enemy, why durotan wears his wolves pelt.
    Once again Felplague spreading a bunch of nonsense, do you realize the genocide to the trolls, Garithos and his forces with the Kirin tor wanting to kill Kael'thas, supporting the purge of Dalaran, hailing Arthas as a hero in his return from Northrend despite of Uther trying to portray him as a villain(short but still happened).

The humans are literally the mirrow of the orcs only difference one side has a better PR department and writers at their side
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Be Draenei

Settle on primitive world full of shamans worshiping rocks and fire.

Be so full of yourself that you rename their planet after your race.

You also have a prophet as a leader who knows for a fact that he is being pursued by space Lucifer and its only a matter of time before space Lucifer catches up

The orcs and ogres of this world have no greater concept of evil

And you do absolutely nothing to warn them of the great evil that is coming

AND IN A MOVE THAT SURPRISED NO ONE SPACE LUCIFER WAS ABLE TO CORRUPT PRIMITIVES

And because your race remained secluded and hid away from the world instead of trying to coexist with the natural inhabitants, you get purged.

Oh and the Naaru that you brought to this world is now evil getting up to no good

Proceed to leave Draenor a fel shattered rock and try to play the victim about it
    and its good to notice how they doomed every other world before Draenor running from the Legion exterminating every life-form on then, a true example of galatic genocide.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not evil, just stupid.

Remember when Velen told NEs their religion was wrong to their faces, when they're the only race with a canon god? Yeah, smart times.

"You know, Elune is prolly not what you think at all. Maybe she's a Naaruu, because plot homogeny"
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Once again Felplague spreading a bunch of nonsense, do you realize the genocide to the trolls, Garithos and his forces with the Kirin tor wanting to kill Kael'thas, supporting the purge of Dalaran, hailing Arthas as a hero in his return from Northrend despite of Uther trying to portray him as a villain(short but still happened).

The humans are literally the mirrow of the orcs only difference one side has a better PR department and writers at their side
    Genocide against the trolls... the ones that scalped people, made them into dried body parts, and canabalized humans? hmmm
    garithos was not evil, just abit of a racist to the elves, which is bad, but not evil when compared to right out mass genocide.
    not liking elves is far better then mass genocide.

wanting to kill kalethas... hmmm i wonder why...
    supporting the purge of dalaran? scooz me? did you hear varians reaction? also the purge of dalaran was not "humans being evil" you do know ALOT of the purge was done by ELVES right? do you forget the one who did most of the killing was vereesa... AN ELF. also the purge of dalaran was not just people being evil, it was a fight after the horde had betrayed the neutralitly of the city for the first time.

hailing arthas as a hero? when he returned and killed his father NOT A SINGLE SANE HUMAN PRAISED HIM.

when he returned yes, cause no one knew what happened in northrend.

you seriously are twisting everything just like op my dude.

Mind telling me when the alliance commit genocide to an innocent defencless race they were allies with until that moment? when they slaughtered their prisonsers, enslaves, raped, murdered, tortured, and drained the souls of? mind telling me when the humans destroyed a planet, and hoped to destroy hundreds more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The Orcs were aliens to Draenor, too, and the only reason the Draenei had to name the planet was because of this:
    Velen: "Greetings, green one! My people and i would love to settle on your beautiful world! By the way....what is the name of this planet?"
    Orc: "Uh...oh....Orc smash?"
    Velen: "I see."

From what we know, the only actual natives of Draenor are the Primals and the Arakkoa. The Arakkoa named the planet "Rakshar". So if you are really that concerned with mistreated natives, this is the name you should use.

By the way: Both the Primals and the Arakkoa were genocided by the Orcs in at least two timelines.
    Orcs are not aliens to draenor, they were descendents of ogres. who were descendents of ogron, who were descendents of gronn, and those descendents of the giant (cant remember their names) the huge stone creatures we see on draenor.

but yes the orcs had no name for the planet, so the draenei named it and the orcs went "sure"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Genocide against the trolls... the ones that scalped people, made them into dried body parts, and canabalized humans? hmmm
    garithos was not evil, just abit of a racist to the elves, which is bad, but not evil when compared to right out mass genocide.
    not liking elves is far better then mass genocide.

wanting to kill kalethas... hmmm i wonder why...
    supporting the purge of dalaran? scooz me? did you hear varians reaction? also the purge of dalaran was not "humans being evil" you do know ALOT of the purge was done by ELVES right? do you forget the one who did most of the killing was vereesa... AN ELF. also the purge of dalaran was not just people being evil, it was a fight after the horde had betrayed the neutralitly of the city for the first time.

hailing arthas as a hero? when he returned and killed his father NOT A SINGLE SANE HUMAN PRAISED HIM.

when he returned yes, cause no one knew what happened in northrend.

you seriously are twisting everything just like op my dude.
    Why was trying to kill kael'thas okay? He successfully won the battle that Garithos sent him on as a suicide mission. So what if he used the aid of some strange allies in order to win the battle? He won. Kael'thas was the rightful and sovereign ruler of the Sin'dorei and Kirin'tor had no right to imprison him.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi internet explorer
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

To be fair, the Draenei were the result of a retcon for TBC. Originally the Eredar were all evil, and Metzen wanted them to be playable. Anything that doesn't seem like the tightest storytelling would be the result of this, much like the Blood Elves who had their allegiance changed to suit gameplay needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why was trying to kill kael'thas okay? He successfully won the battle that Garithos sent him on as a suicide mission. So what if he used the aid of some strange allies in order to win the battle? He won. Kael'thas was the rightful and sovereign ruler of the Sin'dorei and Kirin'tor had no right to imprison him.
    Yes it was good that he won, but he used "strange allies"
    again no where am i saying garithos is a good guy, or that kaelthas at that moment deserved to die. (Even though it would not take long for him to become the villian we all knew)
    but that most humans were not like garithos, or agree with him, or encourage what he did, unlike the orcs where genocide was "the norm" and those who refused were the outcasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    the only race with a canon god?
    blizz strongly hinted that Elune is just a Naaru, not an actual god
    for that matter, is there any real god in wow in first place if even elune is most likely just a naaru ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    blizz strongly hinted that Elune is just a Naaru, not an actual god
    for that matter, is there any real god in wow in first place if even elune is most likely just a naaru ?
    I wouldn't say "just" a naaru. Legion hinted at her creating them. If there are gods they're the highest on the food chain of the six powers that be. Death most likely has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Orcs are just 1 IQ point above being genocidal robots. Meaning, they genocide whatever and whenever they can, it's a miracle they didn't genocide themselves out of existence.

Let me emphasize this: there never have been and there are no good Orcs. Every single clan joined in on the Draenei genocide. Every single one of them who could fight, did so. But it was not a fight. It was extermination.
    They are genociding themselves as soon as there is no one else to genocide. It was a problem way back on the first Draenor.

You can't have a warrior culture where honor is to die in battle and talk about peace.

But anyway, back to the original topic: no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Not evil, just stupid.

Remember when Velen told NEs their religion was wrong to their faces, when they're the only race with a canon god? Yeah, smart times.

"You know, Elune is prolly not what you think at all. Maybe she's a Naaruu, because plot homogeny"
    They also tried to tell the orcs about oshugon being their old ship and the orcs DID NOT LIKE THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    How exactly is blaming the Draenei for Draenor's destruction victim blaming? Fact of the matter is that the only reason the Legion ended up there was due to KJ pursuing Velen. The Draenei had a headstart on their Eredar pursuers, and in that period of relative peace the Orcs and Draenei got along just fine. Then, KJ locates the Draenei and slowly decieves key Orcs into allowing their people to be corrupted and slaughter their Draenei pals.

The Orcs had no idea what they got themselves into. The Draenei knew exactly who they were dealing with, and chose to remain on an inhabited planet without telling anyone about the forces they fled from. KJ was beyond crafty, so that knowledge may not have prevented the Orcs from being corrupted, but the Draenei still could have fixed their ship and gone somewhere else before all hell broke loose.

Not sure if that actually makes the Draenei evil, but the Naaru who encouraged them to sit tight and have faith in the 'light' certainly are. Especially given the events of AU Draenor, it's almost as if the Naaru want all Draenor's to implode.
    Right... Because we know the Legion's goal totally wasn't to destroy the entire universe. Nope. Had the Draenei been wiped out on Argus, the Burning Legion totally would have sat around doing nothing.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."