Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would like to interrupt you right here and remind you that without Garrosh eating an old god's heart and then using a time dragon they wouldnt have been destroying the draenei.
    Without Garrosh, they presumably would've drank the blood that Gul'dan offered in the opening cinematic and repeated the events of the original timeline, albeit in a world where Grommash never had a son. I'm pretty sure the draenei were doomed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I don't think you realize how utterly vast space is.
    The chances that the Legion would've been able to find their city in that exact valley, on that exact continent, on that exact planet, in that exact star system, in that exact region of space, is astronomically impossible. Realistically, the Legion should've never have managed to find the Draenei. The Draenei hadn't heard about Dark Portals or interplanetary portals either, let alone thought that any race on Draenor would create on. No reason to spread the word. The fact that the Burning Legion came in the first place is a coincidence.
    Except it makes no sense for Draenei to hold such views because they spent 25000 years prior to crashing on Draenor escaping from the Legion that was able to find them repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I disagree with the OP. The Draenei are basically the antithesis of evil. They are one of the most noble races in the game.
    Anyone with half a brain and non Horde bias would disagree because it's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    There are bad and good orc clans/cultures. Same for any race. Humans had the scarlet crusade
    I call this BS. Scarlet Crusade is not bad or evil in any way, they just want their home back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Draenei are neither good nor evil, they just are. In the context of this thread - it is not the fault of the Draenei that Kil'jaeden was unable to let them be. They do bear some responsibility for bringing the Legion down on Draenor, but they thought they'd finally escaped the Legion's pursuit since it was some time before Kil'jaeden found them once more. They also needed to find a permanent home and couldn't live on the Genedar forever, given the givens, so between the positions of assured death due to lack of resources and possibly having the Legion find and invade their new location they chose the latter. That's not an evil choice, just a painful one.

Given what the Draenei suffered themselves because of it I don't think it was truly self-serving, either. Velen tried all he could to bring the Orcs around, after all; even up to offering his own life in "Rise of the Horde" if it was required. What happened on Draenor was tragic, but ultimately I don't think it can be entirely laid at the door of the Draenei who had made the world their adopted home.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Velen is likely as powerful as Azshara, why didn't he stop orcs?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Velen is likely as powerful as Azshara, why didn't he stop orcs?
    The only way for him to do that would be to become like Azshara and crush them by force, and that's not really his personality or his way.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The only way for him to do that would be to become like Azshara and crush them by force, and that's not really his personality or his way.
    I think one or two lasers casted at warlock would do the work.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think one or two lasers casted at warlock would do the work.
    Which Warlock? Gul'dan? Probably not. Some random Warlock? Wouldn't have really mattered overly. Velen tried to resolve the conflict the way he always does - peacefully with diplomatic outreach. He failed only because he didn't fully understand Orcish spirituality and because Kil'jaeden had already moved to check him. Draenei aggression would've just cycled up the conflict but resulted in the same ultimate conclusion.

But if Velen used force he wouldnt meet our Azeroth heroes, therefore we wouldnt have defeated legion. It was all naarus master plan.

Which Warlock? Gul'dan? Probably not. Some random Warlock? Wouldn't have really mattered overly. Velen tried to resolve the conflict the way he always does - peacefully with diplomatic outreach. He failed only because he didn't fully understand Orcish spirituality and because Kil'jaeden had already moved to check him. Draenei aggression would've just cycled up the conflict but resulted in the same ultimate conclusion.
    Theoretically they could exterminate the orcs, but somehow I can't see Velen doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    But if Velen used force he wouldnt meet our Azeroth heroes, therefore we wouldnt have defeated legion. It was all naarus master plan.
    Naaru aren't the ones to plot, they follow their visions of future. That's why Xe'ra didn't expect her death even though Illidan did defeat the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh, yet another "alliance race/char is evil" thread, in response to current Horde moral status.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Theoretically they could exterminate the orcs, but somehow I can't see Velen doing that.
    That's what I meant previously, given Velen's history and his own people's ultimate fate in becoming demons, extermination isn't really going to be in Velen's go-to strategy box. I also don't think he alone would've been capable of it, really; it is more likely that if the Draenei had rose up with equal vehemence earlier in the Horde/Draenei conflict on Draenor it would've just ended up with both sides mutually annihilating one-another. The Legion itself wouldn't have cared much had that happened, either - the Orcs were just fodder to them anyways. They and Sargeras would've have found another species to twist into foot soldiers for their planned invasion of Azeroth.

That's what I meant previously, given Velen's history and his own people's ultimate fate in becoming demons, extermination isn't really going to be in Velen's go-to strategy box. I also don't think he alone would've been capable of it, really; it is more likely that if the Draenei had rose up with equal vehemence earlier in the Horde/Draenei conflict on Draenor it would've just ended up with both sides mutually annihilating one-another. The Legion itself wouldn't have cared much had that happened, either - the Orcs were just fodder to them anyways. They and Sargeras would've have found another species to twist into foot soldiers for their planned invasion of Azeroth.
    I think that if Draenei had some time for preparations, they would win as they were a part of the most advanced civilisation in Great Dark Beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think that if Draenei had some time for preparations, they would win as they were a part of the most advanced civilisation in Great Dark Beyond.
    Possibly, but I think it's doubtful. The Draenei were relatively few, they were still adapting to their new adopted homeworld and didn't have a great deal of infrastructure established (far from their civilization on Argus), and they were also fresh from a number of traumatic upheavals to their society in general. The Orcs outnumbered them, had something of the home field advantage, and also had the backing of the Legion. Even in a more pitched conflict I don't think the Draenei would've survived without outside help, but it's likely they would've left the Old Horde seriously and perhaps fatally depleted.

Lets look at few things : a) draenei had technology, no doubt, however they didnt bring with them all of it, only scraps. However it was enough to see crystals in use, golems made and defence systems that greatly outmatched orcs who were eating dirt and living in huts.
    b) however it was orcs native world and they probably had the numbers, im not sure how many of them were there but infused with demons blood they probably rampaged anything in their path like angry ants.
    c) if draenei would be evil, when they landed on Draenor they probably could have made all orcs slaves because they were under different banners and primitive af. But since draenei are culture of light and peace they chose co-existance. And in the end they didnt betray their philosophy and their prime enemy was defeated so yay for them?

I'm just wondering what the Light are really up to.

I've always seen the Light and Void as like the Vorlon and Shadows in Babylon 5. Ultimately they're both probably as bad as each-other and we're just disposable in whatever war they're raging between them.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'm just wondering what the Light are really up to.

I've always seen the Light and Void as like the Vorlon and Shadows in Babylon 5. Ultimately they're both probably as bad as each-other and we're just disposable in whatever war they're raging between them.
    If blizzard wants to paint them as the chaos gods of warhammer, then the Light wants a giant civilization that worship them fanatically like the Imperium of Man and the void is an all consuming force that basically wants to consume all this universe and make the mortals as their farm animals to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Its okay if draenei are evil, cause their sexy.

Am I wow fanning right?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-05-11 at 03:24 AM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its okay if draenei are evil, cause their sexy.

Am I wow fanning right?
    I was half expecting a fu.. draenei picture, glad it wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself