10+ Year Old Account

Annoying Captcha

OK, guys. I am logged in as a user and I'm neither a particularly short term user nor an unusually low post count one. I whitelist most of the site, including things that I know damned well are blocked by the Great Fire Wall. For the last two days though, I'm getting spammed to death with a damned Captcha page. More annoyingly, it defaults to Chinese instead of the language my computer is set to, so I have no idea WTF the issue is since living in China doesn't mean that I automatically read Chinese.

What's going on and is there a fix? Note that I keep getting hit with Captcha after Captcha for screen refreshes or posting even with a thread I've started. Guys, if Captcha tests to see if I'm a bot, would you please stop testing after I've passed the check? At least until I log out?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Girighet Thanks. I understand your point but this is a recent change in site behavior.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

It is naive to browse the web nowadays without an adblocker. That said, people shouldn't conform to this norm and should make some noise about it whenever possible. You shouldn't have to use an adblocker to browse the web comfortably.

I clear my cookies all the time, and I don't mind logging into places. But I do mind those stupid captchas every single time.

Or even worse the "we don't recognize you, so we emailed you a security code"

God for fucking bid, you clear your cookies anymore.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    read this thread as 'annoying celista'. came almost immediately. was disappointed.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even realise this site had Captchas.

We haven't changed anything, so it's probably something on the Cloudflare side and out of our control. Sorry about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    @chaud Sigh. Thanks for the reply though!