Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    You should read "Diskrimineringslagen". It literally is discrimination in Sweden to not treat a woman as you would a man in any given situation.

Chapter 1; Paragraph 4: "direkt diskriminering: att någon missgynnas genom att behandlas sämre än någon annan behandlas, har behandlats eller skulle ha behandlats i en jämförbar situation"
    You should probably look up what that actually means. If someone refuses to interact with you in their personal interactions they can't "missgynna" you because they are in no position to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Only discrimination if its a white male, a muslim male can disciminate all he wants even get cheered on by liberals.
    You might want to reread the opening post.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You should probably add that:

- The woman in question was the talk show host of a program he was invited to.
    - He also refused to shake her hand, talk to her or acknowledge her existance in any other way. When asked why, he said it's 'because she's a woman.' That's the discrimination he was sentenced for.

As a funny added tidbit, his party, ISLAM, demands, among other things, to strip women of the right to vote, introduce seperated seating in public transportation, deny women the right to run for any office and outlaw any non-Halal food in school cafeterias.
    This tbh. The article and the title of this post is just focusing on one small, sensational click-baity headline. He was being a disgusting sexist pig, so good. People like him do not have a place in this world.

You should read "Diskrimineringslagen". It literally is discrimination in Sweden to not treat a woman as you would a man in any given situation.

Chapter 1; Paragraph 4: "direkt diskriminering: att någon missgynnas genom att behandlas sämre än någon annan behandlas, har behandlats eller skulle ha behandlats i en jämförbar situation"

I don't know Belgian laws but I'd assume that they got something similar
    Why do you have a nazi-clown as avatar, btw?
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

Fairly sure you can't take that out of context, since chapter 2 is about in what contexts it's illegal while chapter 1 is a description of what would be descriminatory.

Chapter 2 mentions nothing of personal interactions.

Chapter 1 = This is what's considered discriminatory.
    Chapter 2 = this is where it's illegal to do so.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-05-09 at 04:14 PM.

If you're an extremist in your religion, going to another country and being unwilling to adopt their ideologies and customs, you're probably not in for a good time tbh

Looking at her picture, I'm not sure he had reason to be checking her out. Maybe when she was 30 years younger. Or is she offended because he wasn't checking her out?

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    well yeah i guess that much is true. but i think it would be another story if your boss acted that way since that's not an equal relationship. and i think a politician is more like your boss than your coworker.
    Yasri Khan has pulled similar things in sweden with no legal repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    You should probably look up what that actually means. If someone refuses to interact with you in their personal interactions they can't "missgynna" you because they are in no position to do so.
    Well it's not really a personal interaction in a public debate now is it. Also since he doesn't address her she can't really guide the debate as a male host would have been ablo to do.
    honk honk

Try this at work:

Refuse to talk and cooperate with your coworker, and when your boss asks you why, say 'because she's a woman.'

Let's see how that turns out. Please, let us know.
    Had a female worker at work standing in kitchen area, a guy walks in and she got scared.
    Female went ahead and called HR, stating that guy scared her on purpose.
    Guy was now called into HR office 3 hours away from work location.

Guy never worked with female, but they do work in same building. Is it going to far by female?, or did guy overstep by walking into business kitchen area?
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

Well it's not really a personal interaction in a public debate now is it. Also since he doesn't address her she can't really guide the debate as a male host would have been ablo to do.
    It's still personal interaction even if it's in the public. What should have happened is they kick him out, not fucking prison sentence.

i mean the guy is probably a scumbag but i can choose to not interact with a person. Anyone else claiming something else is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    'do well with' is a weird way of saying 'disrespecting the fuck out of'

This guy wasn't shy, and equating shyness to being sexist is a really bad false equivalence.

and yes, i am saying it should be illegal to be racist, sexist and discriminatory in any way for something people cannot control. Bigots do not belong in western civilization. If he doesn't want to treat women as equal to himself, he can go back to whatever bumfuck shithole he or his parents are from.
    So you don't belong in western civilization either I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Yes, yes they do. You're calling out for genocide with this. What he did is NOT illegal and is normal cultural behavior for approx. 1.8 billion people.

Why are you not up in arms about fucking wars, bombing of innocents, wealth inequality, terrorism, regions ran under strict sharia law, big corporations plundering entire countries?

No, no, we must find the dude that doesn't want to touch a woman. SO WHAT? It's his body, his rules. His hand. His eyes. You don't get to COMMAND that he acts differently, when he didn't commit any crime or inflict any harm upon others.

God I hate this hypocrisy.

Also reported for being genocidal and hateful.
    Absolutely laughing at this overreaction. It’s got nothing to do with wanting genocide or being hateful, it’s about the fact that there is no room for those views or beliefs in this world, or for that matter in a civilised society. Also who said I’m not “up in arms” about any of those other things? Any rational human being would. However, randomly discussing those things would be going off topic (which happens too much around here anyway).

You totally overreacted, and it’s quite honestly flamebaity - reported you for that I guess.

Good. I hope he learned a lesson.
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."
    John Muir

Epic!

I don't know Belgian laws but I'd assume that they got something similar
    So, if we were playing some sports, and she made a good play, then if I didn't slap her on the ass, and I would do so one of my bros, I would be breaking the law?

___

Anyways... I really cannot comment in full knowledge, as I'm not familiar with the laws of Belgium, but this seems a little extreme. I don't think he should have had jail time, but maybe a fine? He was a "guest" of the show, not an employee (I am assuming)... as a guest, I dont think he would have any obligations at all, and could have just walked off the set at any time. I have certain questions (I can't access Reddit at work):

1. Shouldn't the host of the show have known that this would be an issue? Was her intent to lure him into this very situation so that she could get him into legal trouble?

2. Was the intent of the guest to publicly humiliate the host on her own show? Did he know (was he informed) that it would be a woman ahead of time? Did it seem that he had prior knowledge of this, and was given opportunity to decline the interview?

3. Is anyone familiar with the laws of Belgium that the guest had broken? I know being a sexist asshole in America isn't illegal, and as a "guest" of a show I don't think there would be any obligations, unless some kind of contract was signed beforehand. That being said, it would be expected that as much information as possible would be given to the guest, prior to the interview, to ensure that he knows of what he is getting into.

Just curious.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2019-05-09 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    How on earth is sentencing someone to half a year in jail for something like that is a good thing?
    He is sentenced to a women's prison.

It's weird when the right wing posters here are defending muslims...

Here's my hot take on the situation...why would he even agree to go on the show if he was going to refuse to engage with the host of the show in any meaningful way? Seems to me he went there to make a pretty public statement about how he feels about women.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-05-09 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

No. This is why you don't get your news from reddit. See my post above yours.
    Didn't see your post, sorry. For else, the case would've been horrible unfair. And no, I never go to reddit for news.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    So, if we were playing some sports, and she made a good play, then if I didn't slap her on the ass, and I would do so one of my bros, I would be breaking the law?
    It states that you'd have to be treated worse for it to apply, not being slapped on the ass seems like better treatment than being slapped.
    honk honk