Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    This is insane, but he shouldn't have gone on the show.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Yeah it is... How is it not meaningful to refuse to aknowledge someone because she is a woman? What is the network supposed to do? Hire only men?
    How about kick the asshole off the show? Humiliate him by having only women do it. You act as if the poor defenseless women need the mans help. I believe they could've handled this themselves while sending a MUCH stronger message to the islamists who see women as lesser beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  3. #123
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,728
    This is fucking disgusting, the world is descending into madness. There will be violent revolts soon in these nations which are suppressing men and promoting rampant sexism against men. Would a women be arrested for the same thing? Absolutely disgusting.
    Sig WIP

  4. #124
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Is that really the only reason to punish someone? Inciting to violence?

    Would you be okay with people inciting others to discriminate against women: eg. "don't pay them as much as men", "don't hire them", "treat them differently", etc. ?

    Violence isn't the only evil in this world.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What do you mean?

    I think it was a good thing he got punished for discrimination.

    Other than that I'm amused to see the mass-confusion of rightoids who can't figure out whether they should defend their fellow mancels or be happy a brown person got punished.
    Yes they can incite those things because nobody is getting or will get physically hurt. Implementing is already illegal

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You should probably add that:

    - The woman in question was the talk show host of a program he was invited to.
    - He also refused to shake her hand, talk to her or acknowledge her existance in any other way. When asked why, he said it's 'because she's a woman.' That's the discrimination he was sentenced for.

    As a funny added tidbit, his party, ISLAM, demands, among other things, to strip women of the right to vote, introduce seperated seating in public transportation, deny women the right to run for any office and outlaw any non-Halal food in school cafeterias.
    I think these are the details that you are looking for

  6. #126
    Scarab Lord Rochana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA / EU
    Posts
    4,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes they can incite those things because nobody is getting or will get physically hurt. Implementing is already illegal
    It's not really that simple.

    When dehumanizing a certain group of people becomes the norm, suddenly people will also start questioning why violence against them isn't allowed either. It's a slippery slope, but humans are slippery and society is a slope.
    Did You Know? - In 2010, Obama was part of a group to help Citigroup workers unionize. Read more about it here.
    "We work for all, we feed all." - the 99%

  7. #127
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    14,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It's not really that simple.

    When dehumanizing a certain group of people becomes the norm, suddenly people will also start questioning why violence against them isn't allowed either. It's a slippery slope, but humans are slippery and society is a slope.
    Slope doesnt work when society has been going uphill with more protections for women, not less

  8. #128
    This is what I love about not living in a weird country where citizens have no rights.

    We came to fix your problems back in the 1940s. Don't ask us to come back in this century when your shit falls apart again.

  9. #129
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,728
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    This is what I love about not living in a weird country where citizens have no rights.

    We came to fix your problems back in the 1940s. Don't ask us to come back in this century when your shit falls apart again.
    They are heading tword another genocide in Europe, and everything they do just increases social tensions and furthers the divide. At this point its almost like the EU wants this. The EU is the seat of the worlds evil.
    Sig WIP

  10. #130
    But he only refused to acknowledge her existence once it was being displayed on national TV. He had no problem with acknowledging her when he accepted her invitation to be on her show... After all, if he wanted to ignore her existence he could not acknowledge the invitation SHE wrote either could he?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    So? You don't understand his religion then. It doesn't prohibit that he goes on her show. I am honestly afraid to post verbatim here because of it might be infracted for "discussing religion", so here's a pastebin I created quickly.

    As for being edgy on TV, that's his right, as long as he doesn't hurt others.

    Again, you cannot, and should not force people to TOUCH others or look at them in a specific way. That. Is. Insane.
    We understand, we just don't tolerate his sexism.

    What is so hard for you comically over the edge progressives to understand about this?

    Giving them any ground are steps closer to letting them keep women as slaves like they do in their own countries, which frankly we shouldn't allow either.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-05-09 at 06:04 PM.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How about kick the asshole off the show? Humiliate him by having only women do it. You act as if the poor defenseless women need the mans help. I believe they could've handled this themselves while sending a MUCH stronger message to the islamists who see women as lesser beings.
    First of all there could be a million reasons not to kick him off the show, most of them legal ones. I have no clue about this one in particular but I do know that you need to sigh forms to go on a live broadcast in many cases.

    Also, lets apply that logic to other things... just walk out when he pulled the gun, it is your fault when he shot you.

    There are a million things you can do in life but we do not require people to tip toe around idiots and unreasonable people. If he comes to a debate knowing full well that it is hosted and frequented by women and then pulls this sort of shit he is obviously trying to make a very public point. Had he made the same point in silence against a coworker somewhere he should just be sacked but since he is the one intentionally making a huge splash, lets hit him with the shit train any way we can.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    You should read "Diskrimineringslagen". It literally is discrimination in Sweden to not treat a woman as you would a man in any given situation.

    Chapter 1; Paragraph 4: "direkt diskriminering: att någon missgynnas genom att behandlas sämre än någon annan behandlas, har behandlats eller skulle ha behandlats i en jämförbar situation"


    I don't know Belgian laws but I'd assume that they got something similar
    weird law, there are things in western culture that are socially acceptable between the same sex that aren't when applied to the other sex, i mean im not exactly going to ruff house, back break bear hug or smack on the ass my female friends like i do my sporting bros, or engage in harsh banter with them. and i assume they don't really want putting in a head lock as a celebration or getting called a fat fuck as greeting.

  14. #134
    Amazing. Sadly the punishment is too low. He will never learn if he just gets a slap on the wrist.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    So you don't belong in western civilization either I take it.
    If YoU DoNt ToLeRaTe InToLeRaNcE YoUrE ALsO a BiGot

    Nice edgy 15 year old take.

    Snap back to reality and a line is drawn. Western Society says that line is being sexist, racist and so on. If you don't want to stop being sexist, kindly fuck off and take your edgy 15 year old take with you

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    They are heading tword another genocide in Europe, and everything they do just increases social tensions and furthers the divide. At this point its almost like the EU wants this. The EU is the seat of the worlds evil.
    I can see why the UK wanted Brexit pretty clearly from this map.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    That's new. Been called altright, Nazi, Islamophobe, bigot, sexist, and now progressive.

    I should make a collections of these labels.
    You say that people are a collection of their varied beliefs like it is revelatory.

  18. #138
    I am Murloc! Thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,168
    This is going into both gender and religion. closing now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •