Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's more along the lines of everybody being welcome because these simple guidelines keep the peace and everybody talking nicely. Because the world doesn't revolve around individuals but the groups and communities they make up together. We say it's not your own decision-making if you seek to isolate yourself because it's suppressing your own nature according to misguided ideals adopted through others or disinformation - and for what and to what end? There's no salvation in pain but you're free to practice it as long as you're not hurting others. Of course we'd ask you to not and seek to find out why hopefully before we find you dead due to your own idiotic actions.
    Yeah, then this is not multiculturalism... this is pluralism.

Multiculturalism sees all cultures as equal. Pluralism sees one culture as the "guide", and all other cultures within it as being equal among themselves, but subservient to the overarching mores of the nation/culture.
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its a free speech issue regardless of the identity. Liberals should be defending him regardless of personal morals.
    I don't think it really is a free speech issue. If he didn't want to talk to the host...he should not have agreed to appear on her show. The only reason I can see him going on the show is to make a public display of putting a woman in her place. He refused to interact with her on a professional level because of her gender..and that is discrimination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    what? That's not his service at all... Anyone is allowed to answer or not answer to questions in interviews.
    Except his reasoning for not answering those questions is that a woman was the one asking them....he'd answer the same questions if they were posed to him a by a man.

And it's a little bit more than "he wouldn't answer her questions"....he wouldn't even acknowledge her presence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

@Rochanna

Good thing you are the minority politically on this content and in this country. People who advocate for this and claim to be progressive really are blind ideologists and simply put dangerous, so no surprise there seeing your political preference.

For those yet unaware he is advocating that a person with believes that are even considered fringe for Muslims should be given a stage and allowed to act as if Europe is under ISIS rule, a sharia law. The party he stands for has very repressive ideas about our society, so much it makes Nazi Germany look like a free democratic state.

Honestly you should be shamed on yourself. I believe you were Belgian but i hope you're not, or maybe you're from the southern half most people tehre are politically handicapped. Than again you vote for who ever allows you to be the biggest leech on the dole.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Except his reasoning for not answering those questions is that a woman was the one asking them....he'd answer the same questions if they were posed to him a by a man.

And it's a little bit more than "he wouldn't answer her questions"....he wouldn't even acknowledge her presence.
    Oh yeah I know what he did. I think he's a proper cunt. It shouldn't be a jailable offense...because that opens up a dangerous door in which all of us should be jailed.

Everyone have had someone ignoring them, or ignored someone... scary people think this should be punished with prison time.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Except that his service was explicitly to talk with her on the show. He refused to do his job because she was a woman.
    Was he hired or paid to do it? Was he under some kind of contract to do so? My understanding (I can't access the reddit link) is that he was a "guest" of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Oh yeah I know what he did. I think he's a proper cunt. It shouldn't be a jailable offense...because that opens up a dangerous door in which all of us should be jailed.
    Not really, your earlier example of "We all discriminate by choosing our sexual partners" example is apples and oranges...that's on a personal level...this is on a professional level. It's fine if he doesn't want to date her.

I don't think it really is a free speech issue. If he didn't want to talk to the host...he should not have agreed to appear on her show. The only reason I can see him going on the show is to make a public display of putting a woman in her place. He refused to interact with her on a professional level because of her gender..and that is discrimination.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasnt institutional. Had this of been a job interview then, yeah, go ahead and fine him. Everyone has the right to be an ass as long as it isnt incitement of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Was he hired or paid to do it? Was he under some kind of contract to do so? My understanding (I can't access the reddit link) is that he was a "guest" of the show.
    I can't say for this particular talk show...but many do provide financial compensation for the guests that appear on their shows

Quote Originally Posted by Kulspruta View Post
    Next will be,
    Jane Doe: This person does not talk to me at work, discrimination!!" I wan't person to talk to me, because I am special and need to be in center.
    John Doe: Huh?
    Jane Doe: CU in Court!
    Employment can and will be different than this situation.

Not really, your earlier example of "We all discriminate by choosing our sexual partners" example is apples and oranges...that's on a personal level...this is on a professional level. It's fine if he doesn't want to date her.
    If someone interviews you, are you forced to answer? I believe you have the right to not say anything actually, hell, even ignore them...

Epic!

- - - Updated - - -

Still, I can't see jail time over this. I still don't have enough details to know the full situation. I would still need to know:

Did the interviewer know specifically that this would be his response? Did they advise him that he would be interviewed by a woman? Was the interviewer trying to "ambush" the guest?

Was the intent of the guest to publicly humiliate the host on her own show? Did he know (was he informed) that it would be a woman ahead of time? Did it seem that he had prior knowledge of this, and was given opportunity to decline the interview?

Was he under some kind of contract, where his being on the show and answering questions would be considered part of his job? Was he being paid for his appearance, or was he merely a guest?

If the interviewer knew his stance beforehand, and they invited him on the shows without letting him know he would be interviewed by a woman as a "gotcha" moment, well, I think that would be irresponsible as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

It wasnt institutional. Had this of been a job interview then, yeah, go ahead and fine him. Everyone has the right to be an ass as long as it isnt incitement of violence.
    If it were on the street, I'd agree with you...but he agreed to be a guest on her show...that does make it institutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You should probably add that:

- The woman in question was the talk show host of a program he was invited to.
    - He also refused to shake her hand, talk to her or acknowledge her existance in any other way. When asked why, he said it's 'because she's a woman.' That's the discrimination he was sentenced for.

As a funny added tidbit, his party, ISLAM, demands, among other things, to strip women of the right to vote, introduce seperated seating in public transportation, deny women the right to run for any office and outlaw any non-Halal food in school cafeterias.
    How is that illegal? It's a dick move and disrespectful, but there is no reason for him to be imprisoned by his government for it. People will see him for the little shit he is and be treated as such in public. Government should not intervene in childish stuff like this and IMPRISON FOR 6 MONTHS.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-09 at 05:34 PM.

If it were on the street, I'd agree with you...but he agreed to be a guest on her show...that does make it institutional.
    Its her institution though. She should have kicked him off and been done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Why do you have a nazi-clown as avatar, btw?
    It's pointless asking that question, either they're racist or they think it's hilarious to pretend to be racist. Either way they probably have a well rehearsed faux-outrage response of "how can a clown be a Nazi?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How is that illegal? It's a dick move and disrespectful, but there is no reason for him to be imprisoned by his government for it. People will see him for the little shit he is and be treated as such in public. Government should not intervene in childish stuff like this and IMPRISON FOR 6 MONTHS.
    He hasn't actually been imprisoned (assuming "suspended" means the same thing in Belgian law as it does in British.)

if he had said "no comment"? would that be fine?

It was institutional as it was in a professional setting where she was the host of a talk-show. In essence she was unable to do her job properly because he refused to interact with her due to her gender.

Is that really the only reason to punish someone? Inciting to violence?

Would you be okay with people inciting others to discriminate against women: eg. "don't pay them as much as men", "don't hire them", "treat them differently", etc. ?

Violence isn't the only evil in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    @Rochanna

Good thing you are the minority politically on this content and in this country. People who advocate for this and claim to be progressive really are blind ideologists and simply put dangerous, so no surprise there seeing your political preference.

For those yet unaware he is advocating that a person with believes that are even considered fringe for Muslims should be given a stage and allowed to act as if Europe is under ISIS rule, a sharia law. The party he stands for has very repressive ideas about our society, so much it makes Nazi Germany look like a free democratic state.

Honestly you should be shamed on yourself. I believe you were Belgian but i hope you're not, or maybe you're from the southern half most people tehre are politically handicapped. Than again you vote for who ever allows you to be the biggest leech on the dole.
    What do you mean?

I think it was a good thing he got punished for discrimination.

Other than that I'm amused to see the mass-confusion of rightoids who can't figure out whether they should defend their fellow mancels or be happy a brown person got punished.

Its her institution though. She should have kicked him off and been done with it.
    Doesn't matter. He discriminated against her in a professional setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Not in any meaningful sense.
    Yeah it is... How is it not meaningful to refuse to aknowledge someone because she is a woman? What is the network supposed to do? Hire only men?