Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I also can't wait for the "classic" Legion and BFA releases. Those will be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    guys you are gettin me wrong. im a classic enthusiast and everything they alter makes me mad and sad and yeah u know it.
    RESTORE CLASSIC BUT LET IT GET OLDER BEFORE ALTERING IT

but and im sayin it again. the time will come when the content is used and you need to start thinking how wow will develop without xpacs.

the best solution is to add all those value content and never cheapen it. meaning -> after classic launched and went through its full patchcycle. (No releasing of new xpac that destroys the work youve done before)

they release truly new races (no recolouring! im sick of this).

They will start working on deepening the classes and maybe even implent awakenings.

They will add item depth and even more depth for crafter. (Useful, cool new professions)

But whatever they do, please rethink it, bcaus i dont want to eat shit for annother 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    The sooner classic launches the sooner we will get rid of nonsense threads like this
    Next we can start talking about BC revamps or even better a classic classic server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I think you'll have to wait for the "classic" Cataclysm server release.
    We all know classic WoD is what we are all really waiting for.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Gonna be a no from me dawg

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    guys you are gettin me wrong.
    For the nth time. There's not going to be any new content in Classic whatsoever, only what was there the first time around.

We're not getting you wrong, your ideas are just hogwash.

Most likely they'll upgrade Classic to BC (Or create a BC server and allow you to xfer your vanilla toon to it), they won't make new xpacs for Vanilla.

Edit: After Vanilla has been out for two years, I can actually see Blizzard employee's adding more content (like patches, not xpacs) as they have spare time for personal projects getting added in. After Classic is 'beaten' (Naxx has been out for awhile, and not many people are playing), it would make sense to turn it into a sort of Experimental server for their devs to get to play around on.
    Last edited by xGLxAnubis; 2019-05-13 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

yes please! but there will be the point where "new xpacs release" so thinking of the smallest change you can do. =)
    They aren't going to make expansions for Classic, they would just continue the cycle by creating Classic: BC, then Classic Wrath, and so on. Once they have Classic completed, it's pretty much just ripping the Outlands and Wrath data out of live servers as there was literally no change to them from the Cataclysm code that recreated Vanilla zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

guys you are gettin me wrong. im a classic enthusiast and everything they alter makes me mad and sad and yeah u know it.
    RESTORE CLASSIC BUT LET IT GET OLDER BEFORE ALTERING IT
    No. Classic is not to be altered, and will not be altered, no matter if one year, two years, five years, ten years pass. Classic is supposed to be a recreation of a frozen moment of time.

It's not supposed to be altered. Think of a museum display.

but and im sayin it again. the time will come when the content is used and you need to start thinking how wow will develop without xpacs.
    Except WoW will continue to develop with expansions. Classic WoW will not, because it's not supposed to.

the best solution is to add all those value content and never cheapen it. meaning -> after classic launched and went through its full patchcycle. (No releasing of new xpac that destroys the work youve done before)
    Get this through your head: Blizzard will not add "new expansions" to Classic WoW. Not because it adds "extra work", but it's basically a shot on Blizzard's own foot, business-wise, because in this case they'd have created a direct competitor to their own game.

But whatever they do, please rethink it, bcaus i dont want to eat shit for annother 15 years.
    Then stop playing Classic when you get bored and go play other games. Easy.

Sure, but only if I get to roll one of them sweet looking Worgen from Duskwood on the alliance.

OP is talking to you with a permanent brain damage I think. Rest of you people give logical explanations.
    I give 10/10 for good guys effort. 2/10 for the troll. started nice,degenerated on his 3rd post.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes please! but there will be the point where "new xpacs release" so thinking of the smallest change you can do. =)
    Well, assuming that each of their "Seasons/Unlock things" last for 4 months, they currently have enough Vanilla content timegated to last for a solid 2 years. If it's extended to 6 months instead per phase, that's 3 years instead.

At this point in time, if Vanilla was a great success, we could see either...

1: Server reset so people can do it ALL over again. (If success is decent enough to warrant server costs, but not enough to warrant additional development)

2: BC servers (If success is equivalent to retail)

3: WoW2 (If success is significantly higher than retail, I can totally see Blizz dropping retail development, and start remaking the storyline/expansions based on Vanilla and the new lore team)
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2019-05-13 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

"Can I has Vanilla except with this change" thread #60834763098743097089079387463

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    3: WoW2 (If success is significantly higher than retail, I can totally see Blizz dropping retail development, and start remaking the storyline/expansions based on Vanilla and the new lore team)
    Even if they do make a WoW 2, i'd expect it to be set in a different time, either far in the past, or future, and have no direct overlap with the current story.

They just went through a major effort to codify and straighten out their lore, they're not just going to throw that all away.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it begins.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

I never understood why they abandoned original these models' Warcraft concepts:
    albeit always looking for benefits, greedy, but at the same time very disposing to themselves and trade actions, interesting/funny, excellent marketers and fearless inventive engineers, were replaced with gloomy, "gray", serious/sad/angry/grumpy creatures only with some elements (mostly female) of exterior are reminiscent of past popularity;
    2. something which resembles Warcraft's original own bestial/ferocity with each element of its design "nature" were replaced by Hollywood-like generated stuff, with emphasized anthropomorphic element (I see that armor is essential part of model, but this part, as I understand, is created individually for each race and could look more like exceptionally unimportant cosmetic body element, similar to druid-way (at the same time, black and white sketches of original concepts still look gorgeous; moreover, their female characters were unlucky in this case more than anyone else, because same, in Cata version and new one, devs just fall from one extreme nonsense to the other side of it, just... don't even know what to say - chihuahua's wicked twisted muzzle is replaced with stupid, cheerful puppy face, that's absurd, "bad for worse" trading).

...although I never have played as any of these races representatives, but anyway there is certain amount of pity and sympathy for lost conceptual part.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-04-15 at 05:36 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__