Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Abortion is not infanticide. Anyone claiming it is, is a liar and a dishonest broker whose goal is to pollute the discourse, not aid in any better understanding of the issue.
    By your definition as a Leftist, it isn't.

By mine as a conservative Christian, it is.

One day we will both know for sure who was right and who was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Why do you people keep arguing with the others about what a fetus or life is? Stop it!

Keep it simple. You are pro-choice and your believe you have no right to decide over another's person body. You may be even against abortion but believe it's a decision to each individual. Stop forcing your beliefs on other people.
    How would you think about pro-choice being applied to vaccinations? "It's their body, they are free to do or not do whatever they want with it"?

Just like vaccination rates, birth rates affect a lot more people then just those "deciding for themselves".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How would you think about pro-choice being applied to vaccinations? "It's their body, they are free to do or not do whatever they want with it"?

Just like vaccination rates, birth rates affect a lot more people then just those "deciding for themselves".
    Because anti-vaxxers actively threaten the lives of people who cannot get vaccinated with their 'decisions'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Because anti-vaxxers actively threaten the lives of people who cannot get vaccinated with their 'decisions'.
    Is it their body or not to decide?

After all, this Republican bill still leaves "if it threatens your health, you may abort" clause too.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey, let's bring up something completely different and compare it with this?

If you're going that route you must also be in favor of sentencing people who caused someone to fall ill because of their choice to not vaccinate.

Come to think of it, you can't be against abortion for the sake of saving a life and also be against vaccination actually threatening the lives of babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Hey, let's bring up something completely different and compare it with this?
    I'm quite interested in where universalism vs particularism lines go for different people.

If you're going that route you must also be in favor of sentencing people who caused someone to fall ill because of their choice to not vaccinate.
    That is one of solutions, sure, if you consider jail to be fitting punishment for endangering other people in any way. Which i don't.

Maybe jailing is just easier to legislate in Alabama for whatever reason.

Edit: After checking, people already do get jailed for refusing to vaccinate in US

Come to think of it, you can't be against abortion for the sake of saving a life and also be against vaccination actually threatening the lives of babies.
    People are focusing on "their body, their choice" aspect though, not "saving a life" (because, clearly, baby carried to term rather then aborted is "saving a life" even if fetus status is dubious).
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-05-15 at 10:18 AM.

Just as a reminder, the reason the Alabama Republicans have done this is to force the SCOTUS to reconsider Roe v. Wade. It's intentionally insane for that sole reason. This makes it not only scary for women in Alabama, but potentially many other states as well (except perhaps California as noted above).

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are straight becoming the Taliban.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Reading through the legislation I think the only reasonable answer to this is for people in the US who care on basic women's rights to push for a full boycott on anything produced in Alabama. Force any companies based there to move the fuck out.
    What product from Alabama though? Billy Bob teeth? Lmao XD

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Disgusting.

Why didn't they just go all-out and reinstate slavery while they were at it? That's actually in the bible, you pieces of shit.
    I don't doubt some would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So you get more prison time for aborting a fetus that is the product of rape than the rapist himself?
    Might as well rename the US to Protostant republic of America

- - - Updated - - -

Disgusting.

Why didn't they just go all-out and reinstate slavery while they were at it? That's actually in the bible, you pieces of shit.
    Being rich is also a sin in the bible, but hey, that would mean picking the parts they cant controll woman with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by HeWalks View Post

Nah, the science is settled on this, a fetus is not an infant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I think the reason the GOP is okay with Trump smashing so many of our institutions and norms is because they know they are trapped in a demographic death spiral of their own making thanks to the Southern Strategy and their xenophobic positions in recent years and, rather than trying to reverse it, decided they would rather burn the rest of the country down to the ground with them as they die out and when Democrats get into power and set about trying to clean up the mess and fix things, they can blame Democrats for the disaster the GOP made.
    Say what you want about Karl Rove he actually knew his stuff. He saw the writing on the wall and noticed that Latinos would be the perfect fit for a new Republican base. Too bad all the other Republicans decided to throw that away and pretty much making a 70/30 split at best for the foreseeable future (although it slowly going back to 75/25 it seems) in the largest growing demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWalks View Post

Oh, and when will that be? When all us Leftists are burning in hell? Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    How is a woman fighting against her own interests if they support republican party?
    You see it's simple, anti lifers changed the argument to women's rights because they don't want to admit they are killing undborn children, it just sounds better. Pro Lifers, men and women, see it as protecting an unborn life and nothing to do with women's rights.

You can make an argument that an unborn child is not a life, that's a fair debate but don't be dishonest in ones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Pro Lifers, men and women, see it as protecting an unborn life and nothing to do with women's rights.
    Yes, everyone knows that pro-birthers don't consider the rights of women to be even slightly important. That is why you don't understand that whether or not the fetus is a "life" is largely irrelevant to whether or not a woman should have the right to decide what happens to her body.

Yes, everyone knows that pro-birthers don't consider the rights of women to be even slightly important. That is why you don't understand that whether or not the fetus is a "life" is largely irrelevant to whether or not a woman should have the right to decide what happens to her body.
    Yup, all those pro life women are so anti women's rights

Is it their body or not to decide?

After all, this Republican bill still leaves "if it threatens your health, you may abort" clause too.
    Because abortions aren't diseases that cause everyone around them to get sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s entirely possible for people to be complicit in their own oppression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yes, that is what being "pro-life" means in this context. I'm glad we agree.