Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Lets be fair, the sort of woman that votes GoP are a lot less likley to be harmed by this. They are, for the most part, white and rich.
    That's not true, though. The female politicians who propose and vote in favor of laws like this may be rich and never have to face the reality of an unwanted pregnancy. But the women who vote for the GoP aren't necissarily wealthy. I'd go out on a limb and say that poor white families are just as likely to vote (R) as poor black families are to vote (D).

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You see it's simple, anti lifers changed the argument to women's rights because they don't want to admit they are killing undborn children, it just sounds better. Pro Lifers, men and women, see it as protecting an unborn life and nothing to do with women's rights.

    You can make an argument that an unborn child is not a life, that's a fair debate but don't be dishonest in ones like this.
    I support peace and prosperity. How about you?

    Just don't ask me about the side effects on how to achieve that. That part has nothing to do with what it has to do! It's all about peace and prosperity!

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's not true, though. The female politicians who propose and vote in favor of laws like this may be rich and never have to face the reality of an unwanted pregnancy. But the women who vote for the GoP aren't necissarily wealthy. I'd go out on a limb and say that poor white families are just as likely to vote (R) as poor black families are prone to vote (D).
    I don't think that is the case, most of them, those in poverity, don't vote at all. Be it due to voter surpression or other various reasons. Ofcourse, its non-whites are hit harder be this, but don't get the wrong idea, they hate everybody who is poor. Just that anybody not white has it way worse. It does not take a genius to figure out what demographic will be hit the hardest with this law, its like the war on drugs all over again.


    The rich white protostants(or other christian sects) have all the power in states like this, and they intent to keep it that way.
    Last edited by JohnBrown; 2019-05-15 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I don't think that is the case, most of them, those in poverity, don't vote at all. Be it due to voter surpression or other various reasons.
    hmm... Maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The rich white protostants(or other christian sects) have all the power in states like this, and they intent to keep it that way.
    Well, yeah. Sharia is only bad when it's Muslims imposing it, apparently.

  5. #365
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Good point. Good to see you back. And for the record, ( a lot on here already know this, since I am a dirty Trump supporter ) I support the Heart Beat laws the states have passed recently. Which they do have a realistic chance of getting support from the Supreme Court. But personally, which many do not agree with, I believe a human's life begins at conception. Debate on it however, can not be done on this forum.
    Thanks Yeah, that's why they change the argument because they don't want to admit it's about not dealing with the consequences of your actions.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thanks Yeah, that's why they change the argument because they don't want to admit it's about not dealing with the consequences of your actions.
    Like the action of being raped, sure.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only when they violate the law.
    At least you aren't shy about wanting the handmaiden's tale to become reality.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Probably where it actually makes sense.
    So, where is the fine line of "making sense" here?

    Not endangering, but actually harming people.
    How does carrying baby to term harms anyone? This legislation certainly condones abortion if harm can be proven.

    paywall
    "Mother (in Ohio) opposes vaccination on religious grounds, goes against wishes of father to vaccinate, gets jailed for not following court order to vaccinate (for about 9 months), loses custody of kid in question and he gets vaccinated anyway."

    Makes a lot of arguments about choice that can be translated into pro-abortion stance word-for-word.

    Exactly, their body, their choice, without harming another human being, therein lies the difference.
    Not vaccinating does not directly harms any human being though, it just increases risks.

    Would you be okay with abortions being forbidden if Republicans would show specific risks increasing from reduced birth rates?

    From universalist perspective i can see either that both forced vaccinations AND forbidden abortions could happen, or, alternatively, both could be left to be decided by individual.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-05-15 at 01:17 PM.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, that's why they change the argument because they don't want to admit it's about not dealing with the consequences of your actions.
    Getting an abortion is dealing with the consequences.

    Do you think it should be the law of the land that people who get injured doing something stupid (or illegal) be withheld treatment to teach them a lesson?
    Do you think having sex (or having sex forced upon you) is an action so heinous that women who dare to engage in it should be forced to carry and deliver their pregnancy under penalty of law?
    Do you think legislating that people be born solely to teach their mothers a lesson is an ethical stance to take?

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thanks Yeah, that's why they change the argument because they don't want to admit it's about not dealing with the consequences of your actions.
    How exactly is a pregnant woman, not dealing with consequences of her actions? An abortion is literally dealing with it. All this does is create court cases where they try to figure out if a woman having a miscarriage is jail worthy.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Zenkai: It also explained why [Comey] went easy on Clinton.

  11. #371
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    22,120
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Like the action of being raped, sure.
    You knew I was talking about those who made a choice but yet you felt the need to be dishonest. I am fine with abortion for rape victims.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    If you want to debate me and prove me wrong I welcome the challenge. If you want to name call and use personal attacks, I will just ignore and report or move on, if I don't reply to you, you know which group you're in.
    Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, that I promise you.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You knew I was talking about those who made a choice but yet you felt the need to be dishonest. I am fine with abortion for rape victims.
    These laws have no exception for rape and incest some throw women in jail for daring to miscarry, the right is trying to bring the country back to puritan times.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Getting an abortion is dealing with the consequences.

    Do you think it should be the law of the land that people who get injured doing something stupid (or illegal) be withheld treatment to teach them a lesson?
    Do you think having sex (or having sex forced upon you) is an action so heinous that women who dare to engage in it should be forced to carry and deliver their pregnancy under penalty of law?
    Do you think legislating that people be born solely to teach their mothers a lesson is an ethical stance to take?
    Hey now! You are stepping in man’s rights territory. Remember the complaint that a woman gets to choose weather to keep the baby or not? Maybe that’s what is needed... enough men that could convince the girlfriend to get an abortion, but got stuck with child support because of government intervention. That might be the only way to have the abortion debate end... focus on government forcing child support, on men who didn’t want the baby.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Zenkai: It also explained why [Comey] went easy on Clinton.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You knew I was talking about those who made a choice but yet you felt the need to be dishonest. I am fine with abortion for rape victims.
    Are the children conceived from rape somehow less alive than those who were conceived through consensual sex?

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That might be the only way to have the abortion debate end... focus on government forcing child support, on men who didn’t want the baby.
    So what you're saying is -- If life begins at conception and a fetus is considered a baby then child support payments should start immediately too?
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life."
    - Jean-Luc Picard
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
    ― Malcolm X, By Any Means Necessary

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You knew I was talking about those who made a choice but yet you felt the need to be dishonest. I am fine with abortion for rape victims.
    What’s dishonest about getting an abortion? The dishonest part will start, when there is a crisis of pregnant women ‘accidentally’ falling down a flight of stairs.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Zenkai: It also explained why [Comey] went easy on Clinton.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So what you're saying is -- If life begins at conception and a fetus is considered a baby then child support payments should start immediately too?
    lol

    I don't think that's what he was saying, but it sounds fitting.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Like the action of being raped, sure.
    Hey man, that 11 year old that got raped by a family member should be forced to give birth to appease or sky fairy!

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So what you're saying is -- If life begins at conception and a fetus is considered a baby then child support payments should start immediately too?
    No, I am saying that the only way this debate ends, is if the focus is on how it negatively impacts men. For those bitching about women trapping them with children, they can now blame the government for it.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Zenkai: It also explained why [Comey] went easy on Clinton.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I am saying that the only way this debate ends, is if the focus is on how it negatively impacts men. For those bitching about women trapping them with children, they can now blame the government for it.
    But how are those women trapping them? Aren't those men supposed to just keep it in their pants? Aren't they also to blame for the conception?

    Oh...I get it....

    You need to actually make men feel a negative impact like the constant shit they throw at women.
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life."
    - Jean-Luc Picard
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
    ― Malcolm X, By Any Means Necessary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •