Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    And exactly no one is surprised that you are not only racist but sexist as well.

You are actually just a sex traitor, trying to strip rights from women.

I honestly don't know how you live with yourself.
    Lmao, as if being a woman means I should have specific opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Because you shouldn't be allowed to just kill it when you don't like the outcome of your actions. You should just refrain from having sex if your response is to kill the result of it. That doesn't mean I don't care about women.
    I'm sure you think this way about everything right?

Broke your leg because you jumped down from too high? - Well gotta live with that, no doctor for you!

Drove a car into a tree? - Well gotta live with that, no mechanic for you!

Stole something? - Well gotta live with that, no more hands for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you of the opinion that a corpse should have more rights than a living woman?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Are you of the opinion that a corpse should have more rights than a living woman?
    I don't think corpses should have any rights at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because you shouldn't be allowed to just kill it when you don't like the outcome of your actions. You should just refrain from having sex if your response is to kill the result of it. That doesn't mean I don't care about women.
    one life is more precious than all the stars in the sky right? That's BS and you know it.

If you look at the issue in a non emotional manner, you'd see it's a societal issue. Men and Women won't just stop having sex unprotected just because a law happened to be passed. The consequence of such law will be dire for the public health. Young women will not just throw their arms in the air saying, "oh well, i guess i'll a mommy". They will have recourse to illegal, potentially dangerous abortion. Or they will be forced to travel to a neighboring state, putting a financial burden on them.

If you ever think that a law will stop sex, think again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we get it, you're from Korea, a militantly pro-life country. Your perception that people who seek out abortions are simply those not taking responsibility for their actions is woefully misguided, but I understand that you fully and wholeheartedly believe that anyone seeking an abortion is just an irresponsible slut. So there's not really much point in debating you on that point as no matter how many sources linked, you will only ever believe abortion is the irresponsible route.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Republicans are trying to make abortion illegal. If abortion is illegal, a woman only has one choice if she gets pregnant. If it's legal, she has a choice between keeping a pregnancy to term or terminating it before a certain point in the pregnancy. If someone is pro-life, they can still be pro-life under a pro-choice law system. Many women have never been raped, never had birth control fail, and have strong convictions about SAVING TEH BABEHS, meanwhile a ton of people don't have their life planned out, aren't lucky enough to not be raped, or just have contraception fail.

Lacking choice for what you want to do and pushing for such a thing is working against your own interests.

Also, let's not forget that Republicans show an odd affinity for the same laws that define Shariah law.

Y'all Qaeda is at it again.
    It's worse than that.

Alabama just criminalized miscarriages. Seriously. Now not only do women have to face the trauma and psychological guilt of a miscarriage along with the potential threat of prosecutors seeking to press charges.

Furthermore, the law gives no exemption for rape or incest.

To make matters even worse, many women seek abortions not because "the child was unwanted" but for health reasons, to have a fetus removed because it could make health issues even worse or even kill the mother.

The "heartbeat" that conservatives are yammering about isn't even a proper heartbeat yet, it's the beating of cardiac muscle that can't even happen without the mother. And the heart itself is being put through too much culture and bullshit, it's a pump. It's not an indication of personhood, it's not a special organ, it's not "the location of the soul" or whatever, it's just a muscular pump. If anything is an indication of personhood, it's when cognitive brain activity begins.
    Putin khuliyo

Because you shouldn't be allowed to just kill it when you don't like the outcome of your actions.
    What if you were raped?

What if you were on birth control and it failed? (it's not 100% effective, but still damn effective)

What if you didn't want to get pregnant but did, and have no way to provide for a child?

Should a mother be forced to give birth to a child who may very well suffer because once it's fully formed out of the womb conservatives stop caring about it?

That doesn't mean I don't care about women.
    Unintended/unwanted pregnancies happen. In instance where they do, women can and should have access to safe, legal abortions.

"Just don't have sex" isn't a solution, and we've seen this play out as "abstinence only" education has been extremely ineffective in states/counties that have tried taking that approach.

7+ Year Old Account
    Literally just logged on to tell you to go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Should a mother be forced to give birth to a child who may very well suffer because once it's fully formed out of the womb conservatives stop caring about it?.
    I'd take their prolife stance more seriously if they also supported things like healthcare, childcare, schooling and education and basic welfare to ensure that children born in poverty have what they need to rise out of poverty.

But since Republicans hate all those things, I don't consider them "prolife"

They're anti-sex.
    Putin khuliyo

What if you were raped?
    Nope.
    What if you were on birth control and it failed? (it's not 100% effective, but still damn effective)
    Nope.

What if you didn't want to get pregnant but did, and have no way to provide for a child?
    The government should be there to help people who struggle to provide for their family.

The only reasons that should be available to get an abortion is for health reasons.

Well we can clearly see who's never had to consider an abortion or had any friends that had to make that choice in this thread...

Abortion is never someone's first choice, but accidents happen and contraception can fail.

My body is my domain and no state legislator should have say over it.

Nope.
    Cool, so women raped should be forced to carry the fetus to term and then care for a child that they never wanted from a man who raped them?

Nope.
    Cool, so even women who engage in safe sex practices (people have sex for fun, you know), who may not be in a relationship or place where they can support a child should be forced to carry the fetus to term and then care for it, possibly alone?

The government should be there to help people who struggle to provide for their family.
    Should be, but aren't as there are continue efforts from those that want to criminalize abortion to gut social safety nets that would help in instances like this.

The only reasons that should be available to get an abortion is for health reasons.
    If that's your view, that's fine. But that's also a view that limits the rights of women over their bodies and can widely be viewed as antithetical to supporting women's rights. Don't be surprised if others hold you to this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Well we can clearly see who's never had to consider an abortion or had any friends that had to make that choice in this thread...

Abortion is never someone's first choice, but accidents happen and contraception can fail.

My body is my domain and no state legislator should have say over it.
    Seriously, folks think women gleefully go get abortions and then take selfies or something. The few women that I know that have had/considered abortions have hated every second of making that decision because it's a hard, traumatic decision to make for most of them. It's not something they're happy about or want, but it's frequently a decision that they make in the best interests of themselves and the potential life a child in their current position.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is a woman fighting against her own interests if they support republican party?
    Oh jinro you sweetheart. Just stop

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see that you openly view yourself as nothing more than a baby dispenser, and should be honored to even have a child, regardless of circumstances leading up to it. Guess it fits what you've been told to believe from birth in your country.

Cool, so women raped should be forced to carry the fetus to term and then care for a child that they never wanted from a man who raped them?
    They don't have to care for it, they can put it up for adoption if they don't want it.

Cool, so even women who engage in safe sex practices (people have sex for fun, you know)
    As do I, but I know what it can lead to and I accept that.

who may not be in a relationship or place where they can support a child should be forced to carry the fetus to term and then care for it, possibly alone?
    Their choice.

Should be, but aren't as there are continue efforts from those that want to criminalize abortion to gut social safety nets that would help in instances like this.
    Yeah, that's not really my problem. I support a strong social safety net. If you want a strong social safety net I suggest you vote for the politicians who support that.

If that's your view, that's fine. But that's also a view that limits the rights of women over their bodies and can widely be viewed as antithetical to supporting women's rights. Don't be surprised if others hold you to this.
    Women's right isn't all or nothing.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-05-09 at 07:25 PM.

Nope.

Nope.

Well guess what sweetheart this bill doesn't even allow that.

They don't have to care for it, they can put it up for adoption if they don't want it.
    So it becomes someone else's problem? Who's going to pay for the child? Because again, the same conservatives advocating against legal abortion also advocate against spending on social programs like foster homes. Why should US taxpayers be forced to pay for these children at an astronomically higher cost than that of an abortion?

As do I, but I know what it can lead to and I accept that.
    That's fine. Not all women are willing to accept that consequence, and they shouldn't have to.

Their choice.
    So the child, if born, should suffer? Because that's functionally what you're arguing here.

Yeah, that's not really my problem. I support a strong social safety net.
    You may, but those in the US advocating against abortion don't. That's part of the problem.

Women's right isn't all or nothing.
    In this instance, it is. They either have bodily autonomy or not.

For example consider this: Blood donations/transfusions and organ donations cannot happen without consent. Even if someone is dead, their organs and tissues cannot be used without approval from the individual prior to death (or IIRC family members/friends who have power of attorney/health care directive control). It's extremely serious, and people cannot be compelled to donate blood or organs specifically because of their bodily autonomy.

Why is it different for women when for much of the early phase of the development of a fertalized egg the "baby" is little more than a lump of unspecified cells that's completely, totally, 100% dependent on the mother?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is it different for women when for much of the early phase of the development of a fertalized egg the "baby" is little more than a lump of unspecified cells that's completely, totally, 100% dependent on the mother?
    Because muh scripture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

You aren't going to convince a brainwashed misogynist of anything.