Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

Alabama R's tried to make all abortion a felony to force a SCOTUS decision

So this happened. Luckily some people were awake and disaster was averted for now, but seriously, if you're a woman and you support the current Republican party you are fighting against your own interests.

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/statu...25787451154432

They literally just tried to sneak it through and, though it is still likely to pass given the conservative majority there, it's been pushed to next week. As for the reason behind this bill:

Alabama Rep. Terri Collins (R), who sponsored the bill, said its purpose is to spark litigation that would force the conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that guarantees a woman’s right to abortion.
    It goes without saying that women have absolutely no representation on the Republican side of their Senate.

How is a woman fighting against her own interests if they support republican party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I would have thought this was incredibly obvious...
    It isn't, so explain to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    How is a woman fighting against her own interests if they support republican party?
    Because Republicans are actively trying to strip rights from women. But anyone not being a fucking moron could put that together.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Because Republicans are actively trying to strip rights from women. But anyone not being a fucking moron could put that together.
    It's pretty sexist to assume abortion being available is in a womans interest. I think abortions should be banned.

So I guess Alabama didn't want to be outdone by Georgia as the shittiest state to live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty sexist to assume abortion being available is in a womans interest.
    Having more avenues to choose from is generally always in someone's best interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are trying to make abortion illegal. If abortion is illegal, a woman only has one choice if she gets pregnant. If it's legal, she has a choice between keeping a pregnancy to term or terminating it before a certain point in the pregnancy. If someone is pro-life, they can still be pro-life under a pro-choice law system. Many women have never been raped, never had birth control fail, and have strong convictions about SAVING TEH BABEHS, meanwhile a ton of people don't have their life planned out, aren't lucky enough to not be raped, or just have contraception fail.

Lacking choice for what you want to do and pushing for such a thing is working against your own interests.

Also, let's not forget that Republicans show an odd affinity for the same laws that define Shariah law.

Y'all Qaeda is at it again.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Republicans are trying to make abortion illegal. If abortion is illegal, a woman only has one choice if she gets pregnant. If it's legal, she has a choice between keeping a pregnancy to term or terminating it before a certain point in the pregnancy. If someone is pro-life, they can still be pro-life under a pro-choice law system. Many women have never been raped, never had birth control fail, and have strong convictions about SAVING TEH BABEHS, meanwhile a ton of people don't have their life planned out, aren't lucky enough to not be raped, or just have contraception fail.

Lacking choice for what you want to do and pushing for such a thing is working against your own interests.

Also, let's not forget that Republicans show an odd affinity for the same laws that define Shariah law.

Y'all Qaeda is at it again.
    So? Just because someone is a woman it doesn't mean it has to be in their interest to have it be legal.

It's pretty sexist to assume abortion being available is in a womans interest. I think abortions should be banned.
    Like you actually give a fuck about women.

Like you actually give a fuck about women.
    Prove that I don't.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    you have stated so in the past, but it's wrong. A women should have complete control of her own uterus and eggs. Once it's out, ok, it's a person who has right, but not when it's a embryo stage, non viable outside a woman womb. Seriously are woman just incubator? As soon as they become pregnant, they lose all their right?

And here i thought the republicans love when the government stays out of people business. Freedom they say. How about stop trying to legislate on what medical intervention one can or cannot do.

So? Just because someone is a woman it doesn't mean it has to be in their interest to have it be legal.
    It is. It gives them freedom of choice. They can choose to have a safe, legal abortion or not.

And exactly no one is surprised that you are not only racist but sexist as well.

You are actually just a sex traitor, trying to strip rights from women.

I honestly don't know how you live with yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bodily autonomy.

We have granted that to corpses. And you want that taken away from women, as a woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Prove that I don't.
    Your posts in this thread.

Phew, that was easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Prove that I don't.
    You support the removal of body automy rights for women. That is all the proof I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why Gorsuch and Boofin Brett were shoved in by a Republican congress. It's all part of the plan. The GOP puts conservatives on the courts, a GOP state stronghold does something stupid to challenge Roe V. Wade and next thing we know, the US joins a multitude of third world countries by banning abortion.
    Putin khuliyo

You support the removal of body automy rights for women. That is all the proof I need.
    Because you shouldn't be allowed to just kill it when you don't like the outcome of your actions. You should just refrain from having sex if your response is to kill the result of it. That doesn't mean I don't care about women.

15+ Year Old Account
    At worst, it being legal does nothing for them. At best, it saves them from having to carry an unwanted baby. How is having more choice over how you live your life not in your interest? Even if you don't exert that choice, doesn't mean it isn't an interest.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"