Thread: Sha in 8.2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sha in 8.2

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=153415/sha-of-violence

Sha of Violence added in 8.2.
    This means that they will bring back them or just some fixing ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post

Probably some kind of background iteration to its loot table or spawn timer - I doubt any of the Sha will be plot points in 8.2.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The mantid were also seen in the Island Expeditions after being inactive ever since Shek'zeer's death. Y'shaarj might be rising again, like all the others who were dreaming and shall soon be awakened.

"They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-09 at 08:27 PM.

I'd definitely be okay with the Sha coming back in some form for whatever Old God shenanigans are inevitably coming. They looked amazing.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post

Most likely a retro fix or update to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is an island quest which describes a vision of a many eyed, black goat, wakign up from a pool of black water. Also the mantid are active again. Wouldn't be a surprise at this point of Y'shaarj makes a comeback.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Probably some kind of background iteration to its loot table or spawn timer - I doubt any of the Sha will be plot points in 8.2.
    Its possible it could be part of a fight like the Uldir one that has projections. Could be flashbacks or something like Yogg's visions but instead we fight something from the past old gods. But yes I would say it just something old being optimized or whatever
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I hope not. That was like the main plot point/wrap up for Pandaria at the end of SoO. We destroyed the heart and eliminated the Sha.

I really don’t like this new trend of clearly defeated enemies somehow returning to menace us. Twilight dragons has to be the top of that list currently. There were like 3 total at the height of the Cataclysm and we butchered them all. There was zero ground work laid that there was some sort of hidden clutch yet here they are.
    If we never actually defeat anyone there stops being a purpose to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    But we are never shown butchering everyone left over. There are always some groups here or there that could be wrecking small time havoc. Or in the case of Azerite trying to get its power which is why they show up on/around islands with Azerite.

Also the entire story of the Lich King and Bolvar was that with or without a leader the threat would still be there for years to come. Unless of course you have someone sacrifice themselves to be the leader that makes them go dormant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm calling it, N'zoth will usher in the return of the Black Empire and the next expansion will be about the reformed Old Gods. There's too much foreshadowing for the Old God's plot to just end with N'zoth in 8.3.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Y'shaarj was capable of spawning Sha...

...Shouldn't N'Zoth also have this power? Or maybe only Y'shaarj was cool enough to make bad emotions manifest. I guess N'Zoth specced into Corruption instead of Emotional Unboundedness. Still, it would be cool to see some sort of Sha made by N'Zoth. The Sha of Regret, since he makes so many bargains and corrupts so many beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    There's too much foreshadowing for the Old God's plot to just end with N'zoth in 8.3.
    Heh. I’ve got an episode of Game of Thronesfor you to watch.
    Hell, it’s even got a number of 8.3.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-05-09 at 08:49 PM.

Heh. I’ve got an episode of Game of Thronesfor you to watch.
    Hell, it’s even got a number of 8.3.
    Too soon.
    I'm still not over that disgrace.
    /cry

It's totally-not-MoP 2.0. So it'd make sense for them to reintroduce one of the main enemies of MoP 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Too soon.
    I'm still not over that disgrace.
    /cry
    What do you mean "disgrace"? It was pure amaze. Especially from military perspective. The only fault I can find is that the Dothraki should drag the catapults and trebuchets with them during their awesome charge. I mean, having the siege weaponry on the frontline was the second best option, but still, a missed opportunity right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What do you mean "disgrace"? It was pure amaze. Especially from military perspective. The only fault I can find is that the Dothraki should drag the catapults and trebuchets with them during their awesome charge. I mean, having the siege weaponry on the frontline was the second best option, but still, a missed opportunity right there.
    I stopped watching mid episode and never went back, no regrets there XD

OT

Sha never really die, as long as a sliver of old god corruption remains they can always come back.

As long as there's mortals in the world (in the broadest sense of 'mortal') no corruption is ever really gone. Everything the sha represents is an integral part of living and undead things. And at the moment, we're working tirelessly to make Azeroth a more and more violent place, so...
    yea, Sha of Violence is not something that would surprise me. Nor is any other Sha or Old God manifestation really ^^

But on the other hand, it could just mean they renew the scene at the temple of the White Tiger once more or something like that.

I liked the directing, but from a military perspective, I would give it a lot of critics, a lot. Off the top of my head:

The Dothraki charge during pitch black darkness was just... dumb.
    The generals/main characters standing on the front lines does not make any sense, especially after literally every main character survived that initial charge from the wights, but well, it's a TV show so I guess it's just another trope. I personally would have liked them to be manning the walls since from the get-go.
    I think it would have made more sense to place the actual army behind the trench? It seemed like that backfired pretty bad and cause a lot of deaths.
    Finally, their defenses on top of the walls felt lackluster, I thought they were going to use flaming oil and things like that since the writers were talking about Helms Deep during interviews, but for some reason, it was pretty basic.

Afterwards, the battle pretty much turns into a large scale brawl so I guess that's where my little rant ends. I also disliked the writing, even more so than the military aspect, but I'm going way too off-topic already, so sorry about that @OP.

I hope not. That was like the main plot point/wrap up for Pandaria at the end of SoO. We destroyed the heart and eliminated the Sha.

I really don’t like this new trend of clearly defeated enemies somehow returning to menace us. Twilight dragons has to be the top of that list currently. There were like 3 total at the height of the Cataclysm and we butchered them all. There was zero ground work laid that there was some sort of hidden clutch yet here they are.
    The sha can't really be destroyed, they always come back. We already knew the mantid had a new queen hatched, she was just too young to do anything about Shek'zeer as of MoP. We now know she's mature enough to have taken control, and they're still and have always been die-hard Old God servants. My guess is they're working for N'Zoth now. Also we have one twilight dragon we KNOW to have survived in lore, Goriona.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    if their primary purpose was to burrow as deep as they can to get to Azeroth, why not find the deepest oceanic abyss and start from there? Also water is the majority of the planet
    My guess is that since they planned most of their structures on land, placing their prisons near those facilities would help with infrastructure. Also, they apprently imprisoned the Old Gods where they stood, since they couldn't be dragged from the wounds they made in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha ! You watched this shit?
    https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-pl...of-winterfell/