Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yeah it's right in the update.
    https://ptr.wowdb.com/items/169589-a...n-pearling-kit

Azsharan Pearling Kit
    Item Level 385
    Binds to Battle.net account
    Use: Empower a Benthic item from Nazjatar, making it Pearled and increasing its item level to 400.

Unless this changes when it goes live, there's even a screen shot showing an elite quest dropping the cloak, which alone saves 5 pearls.
    NICE DUDE!

Thanks for the info! I have...i think 3-4 max level characters

What's the problem? Accessibility is fine. People who don't care about raiding won't raid, people who want to get into it can do so without too much hassle, they have to learn regardless of if there was a grind or not, at least you don't have to carry them to gear, or they're not left behind in the dust if they don't PUG their asses off for weeks on end. Those who already raid can use it as supplement.

People expect to get top end gear by being lazy?

OP is the definition of lazy and casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    People expect to get top end gear by being lazy?

OP is the definition of lazy and casual.
    I think there is a argument to be made about that.

Doing all world quests everyday for 2 months and on several characters...is not lazy.
    Is just solo content.
    Not particularly "hard" per se but its a commitment and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Maybe you confusing casual with being bad?
    Curious why people needs to label people that way. If "bad" means not as skillful as others, it is not necessary a terrible thing. Some of the most fun group I had was with these "bad" players. Yes we wiped more often. Yes it took longer than other groups. But other than that, it was a fun group because nobody were insulting or complaining about others. It was encouragement from all to continue and try the best to reach the end.

When we did, there were genuine elation from everyone. It made the run much more entertaining and fun. A change from the "go go go" or "your DPS is too low" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Just because you can get 430 gear, doesn't mean you will magically get to 430 overall ilvl overnight. It'll take a lot of time. Enough time for the mythic raid to unlock, which means the ilvl cap will be increased again and you'll be in exactly the same spot you are in now - getting to 400 ilvl as a casual PUG player is trivial right now, it takes like 3-4 weeks max (likely less, depending on how emissaries/warfronts/world events happen to fall into it). That's also 15 ilvl below current mythic raid gear (i.e. without WF/TF which will be added on top of everything in 8.2 as well once the mythic raid unlocks).

It doesn't really change a whole lot. It's probably slightly faster to gear up, but as averages increase so will peoples' expectations. 430 sounds a lot now, just like 390 sounded like a lot during Uldir - but if you're 390 now, you'll get declined for +10 keys instantly, not even close. That's how it goes.
    You wont get declined becouse people dont even try to do +10 keys. It is waste of time. You can grt same itemlvl by doing solo world content..

10+ Year Old Account
    Full set of 400 in under 2 weeks.
    1.5 upgrades to 430 a week.

So like 6-10 weeks of farming to get fully decked out?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    A lot depends on pacing.

Right now, on the PTR, it will take 85 Manapearls (the new currency) to get a single piece of 430 gear. So it's 765 for all 9 pieces. It costs 5 pearls for the base 385, 20 to get it to 400, and 60 more to get it to 430. As an example, if they make each WQ offer 1 manapearl, and you get say 10 WQs a day, it'll take about 3 months to get all the 430 gear. Which isn't bad. Or imagine they offer 2 weekly quests like Argus that each award 15 pearls each, which means it'll take 6-7 months to get all the 430 gear. I would be willing to wager a small bit of money on the latter. They won't de-incentivize raiding or the other means for gear. There will also probably be a currency cap of like 50 or 100, to prevent people from hoarding and rounding out their gear once it's ready. They will force you to buy piece by piece in hopes of getting a duplicate item slot so you've wasted resources.
    this theory is correct if someone plays on 1 toon.

but people playing on 3-4 toons and funneling all pearls upgrades to 1 main will be done much faster.

its really amazing system because it lets you gear up important alts faster if you play more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Curious why people needs to label people that way. If "bad" means not as skillful as others, it is not necessary a terrible thing. Some of the most fun group I had was with these "bad" players. Yes we wiped more often. Yes it took longer than other groups. But other than that, it was a fun group because nobody were insulting or complaining about others. It was encouragement from all to continue and try the best to reach the end.

When we did, there were genuine elation from everyone. It made the run much more entertaining and fun. A change from the "go go go" or "your DPS is too low" etc.
    in wow "bad " means everybody who is just below person X regardless of how much content they did.

thats why you have people on this forums who claim that anyone who is not Gladiator/ CE mythic / 3000+ raider.io "crap"

you just shuldnt pay attention to idiots - helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I'm assuming it will be at a similar rate to catch up gear in Broken Shore in Legion.
    Except it's not catchup gear(at least not the 430 stuff), it's heroic raid equivalent. Getting a full set of that from (presumably) easy solo content should take a very, very long time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    No it's not. There are plenty of mythic guilds out there that raid two nights a week and I've even seen a few that raid 1 night a week for 3-4 hours and still clear mythic difficulty content. I've been in 2 night a week guilds that had no issues clearing all mythic level raid content.
    But it absolutely is. Sure you can raid mythic on 1-day schedule for 3-4 hours. Raiding lfr takes an effort of 3-4 hours a month. Plus you don't just jump into mythic when it comes out. You don't just log into the game 2 nights a week and go do some mythic raiding then log off. People usually do some heroic runs to get some gear, some m+, some wqs, to keep their neck to date, hell even battlefronts. I'm not talking content clear time is proportionate to difficulty, it's just time you play in general. People who play a lot usually gravitate towards harder content, just because they are better prepared for it.
    We're not talking super premade organized grps or guilds. Just pugs. You have zero chance in hell to do m+10 if you play casually. You r.io won't just be good enough, it will take huge amounts of time to grind it out compared to what a casual player usually plays a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except it's not catchup gear(at least not the 430 stuff), it's heroic raid equivalent. Getting a full set of that from (presumably) easy solo content should take a very, very long time.
    Why such a long time? I say make it 1 piece a week. It's not all slots anyway, it doesn't infringe on anyone's glory as a "heroic raider", will help normal raiding guilds with their progression, will help even those heroic raiders to plug the slots that refuse to drop for them.
    Last edited by Tang0; 2019-05-10 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    A lot depends on pacing.

Right now, on the PTR, it will take 85 Manapearls (the new currency) to get a single piece of 430 gear. So it's 765 for all 9 pieces. It costs 5 pearls for the base 385, 20 to get it to 400, and 60 more to get it to 430. As an example, if they make each WQ offer 1 manapearl, and you get say 10 WQs a day, it'll take about 3 months to get all the 430 gear. Which isn't bad. Or imagine they offer 2 weekly quests like Argus that each award 15 pearls each, which means it'll take 6-7 months to get all the 430 gear. I would be willing to wager a small bit of money on the latter. They won't de-incentivize raiding or the other means for gear. There will also probably be a currency cap of like 50 or 100, to prevent people from hoarding and rounding out their gear once it's ready. They will force you to buy piece by piece in hopes of getting a duplicate item slot so you've wasted resources.
    Thats nice math right there buuuut reality is completly different. Have you count in things like heroic warfront? Titanforging? Emissary Q? Invasions? Etc.. Yes if all you do is perl farm it will take about 2 months. With all other sources we easly look at 1 month. Hell my alt warrior reach 390+ itemlvl in 2 weeks incuding leveling and without doing single dungeon, raid or playing above average casual hours. And this was befor emmisary buff.

+ items are account bound. So if you have alts you can also devide by amounth of alts you have.

Blizzard at this point can remove everthing below mythic raiding. It is waste of time doing it.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-10 at 06:49 AM.

A casual player dream?isnt everyone in wow a casual these days?i mean even raiders only login to raid once/twice a week isnt that sort of casual?imho this casual/elitist attitude is a problem for wow as its always caused a divide or friction and doesnt need to be a problem,just play the game how you see fit and let others do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not really different from Relinquished Gear from Argus or Broken Shore.

Or whatever was on the Timeless Isle or Tanaan Jungle.
    Timeless Isle was called timeless gear, and Tanaan was baleful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's buy all the items. cloak + bracers + gloves + belt + pants + boots. 5 pearls a pop. 5+5+5+5+5+5=30 pearls and you're 385.

Now let's upgrade all the items to 400. 20 pearls a pop. 20+20+20+20+20+20=120 pearls and you're 400

Now let's upgrade all the items to 430. 10 pearls per 5 items levels, so 60 pearls. 60+60+60+60+60+60=360 pearls and you're 430.

So how much did we waste to get to 430 in almost every slot? No "nazjatar weapons" and ignoring azerite armor slots: you've used up to 30+120+360=510

510 pearls. How many pearls can you get per day again?
    I think you will probably be able to get around 2-5 pearls a day (casually/solo). This would make getting single pieces and their upgrades not too bad, but a full set would take some effort.

Probably 5, looking back. Too little and the task would be daunting, too much and it becomes trivial and insulting to those who raid.
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2019-05-10 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    What if I told you casuals do M0 for a weekly cache when the quest comes around? Don't need to go higher as a casual, saves stress, time and hassle of getting a key group

Also difficulty is directly proportionate to time spent.
    Depends on what type of casual you are, im very casual right now becouse work being insane but when i do get time over to play i try to play at hardest possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And each of these systems has been different.
    Timeless Isles and Baleful were fairly similar with the different being that TI also had its own unique trinkets that were very solid when upgraded (but overshadowed by the vastly OP SoO trinkets, even from LFR and at lower ilvl). Relinquished gear was any gear that could drop elsewhere in the expansion, I had gotten TF versions of EN tier during Argus ffs. Benthic gear is specific gear with set stats and minor effects and it can be reliable upgraded to a much higher relative ilvl than Timeless and Baleful (Relinquished could TF so it was a different case entirely).
    I know. Spotnick was talking about the various token systems we had before and couldn't remember what timeless and tanaan pieces were called.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    For a casual player, LFR isn't even a good source of ilvl compared to world quests even. I've stopped raiding at all this expansion (not enjoying them or the expansion at all) and I have four toons in gear superior to LFR without touching mythic+
    I did all wings of LfR once on my main, for quests, achievements and seeing the lore, and CoS once on my alt as well (To see if anything looks/sounds/appears different without that “Gift of N’Zoth”-buff, seemed the same to me), but i don’t really enjoy LfR anymore, the fights are too complicated and cluster*beep*-y, that it’s not really fun to do anymore...

...and BoD/CoS gear was surpassed by WQs anyway when the raids opened up, so i’m fine with that, i can work at character progression (The whole idea of RPGs) at my own pace, just like i did back in Wrath, and Nazjatar/Mechagon seem to provide the same, and i like it!
    Last edited by mysticx; 2019-05-10 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.

Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.
    430ilvl in the next patch will roughly correspond to ilvl 400 currently.
    If you dont hate it too much id recomend adding a weekly m+ on your weekly to-do list for that sweet 440ilvl piece and residium to buy 445 azerit pieces.
    Youll end up being pretty close to the ilvl of mythic raiders.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

It’ll be grindy. What was it, they start at 385 for 5 badges, then it’s 10 more for +5 item levels I think..? so that will be a lot of farming .

Relinquished gear had a base ilvl you could buy then hope for wf/tf procs. Benthic gear you can upgrade so obviously its gonna be alot better. Only question is how hard/easy can the perls be obtainable