Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I had to look it up to be sure.

Heroic raids and higher level M+ dungeons give 430 gear next patch. Mythic is 445. I'll presume that the iLvL cap is 455 because that follows the trend.

Not sure how 430 gear that omits several slots, had pre-determined stats, and takes awhile to farm obsoletes any difficulty other than normal difficulty. In reality, it doesn't even obsolete normal difficulty right away considering you can do normal right away and the gear can WF/TF/Socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Okay so I had to look it up to be sure.

Heroic raids and higher level M+ dungeons give 430 gear next patch. Mythic is 445. I'll presume that the iLvL cap is 455 because that follows the trend.

Not sure how 430 gear that omits several slots, had pre-determined stats, and takes awhile to farm obsoletes any difficulty other than normal difficulty. In reality, it doesn't even obsolete normal difficulty right away considering you can do normal right away and the gear can WF/TF/Socket.
    CAN.

And there is the problem. It has to be reliant on RNG upon RNG.

And supposedly the omitted stuff is on Mechagon.

So no it invalidates Heroic because players think they deserve this gear. It should be 400 and no higher at most.#

And people wonder why the game is in the state its in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    What it does invalidate, for the more casual player, is raiding at all i.e. LFR. Like I've already said I've barely scratched LFR this expansion and my toons, while not swimming in high ilvl, all surpass anything I could've acquired from LFR. And most likely from Normal as well, if I cared about that.

Now, I'm not completely complaining because I find the BfA raids to be boring and uninteresting so I'm happy there's no reason for me to do them (plus the transmog is horrid, so there's not even that carrot). But raiding, even just LFR, paces out the gear acquisition in a way that keeps you coming back for months to try and fill that last hole. So it serves a useful purpose for the life of the game. Right now I'm beyond bored with BfA because all systems are designed to funnel gear to the player rather than fun and the WQ/Emissaries/Warfronts have dominated that funneling for anyone that does anything less than Heroic raiding/High keystones.

I'm not sure if I like the way they're doing it or not. I kinda miss my weekly LFR runs but at the same time I've hated BfA raids so I can't really decide.
    What do you think is better?

1) Doing LFR 1-2 days per week
    2)Farming world content everyday, every week, possibly on different toons

I think what this games needs is number 2)

Tired of only logging in only once every week to do activities.
    This seems more "fun" to me in terms of kepping me busy.

But everyone has different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    CAN.

So no it invalidates Heroic because players think they deserve this gear. It should be 400 and no higher at most.#

Sure buddy my que lines getting to my own server says other wise.

I agree with all you say about current LFR. It's neither enjoyable nor rewarding like it once was. It was at it's best in MoP, IMO. I'm really hoping that Mechagon and Nazjatar are enjoyable for reasons other than gear, so that they feel like something worth coming back to even after you've mined the ilvl from them.
    They tried to make LFR have some difficulty with Kil'Jaeden but people whined that it was "too hard".

The problem with the current system of "farming world content" for gear is that you rapidly run out of gear you need or there's none you need available at the moment ... leaving you with nothing to do that holds any interest. I'm not farming for 75g, or 195 artifact power ... that's boring.
    This phrase is refering to the current state of the game, correct?

But Nazjatar fixes this, no?
    We will have a "long term goal"...everyday farming...on several toons. Work work work

No?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    can't wait for the tears once people realize that giving heroic itemlevel gear to farmable world content with 0 difficulty involved will make pug requirements so absurdly high...

but blame r.io or the elitist, i don't know man.

I like the upgradeable system but 430 seems way to high
    I think that PuG-requirements will always be higher than solo-content can get, regardless of how high itemlevel solo-content gives, if it gives 430, PuGs will want 440, if it gives 400, PuGs will ask for 410, either way, unattainable by people PuG-ers deem “unworthy”, so i’ll take 430 gear with my order of “PuGs don’t want me anyway”, thanks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    CAN.

But it doesn't invalidate heroic at all, nor does it invalidate the highest potential level of M+. I mean, it's RNG to get upgraded items, but people can't have it both ways. People claim that TF and WF fly out of the sky, invalidating every form of 'hard' content but when it doesn't fit their argument, it doesn't exist at all. I don't know what game you're playing, but getting the occasional socket or +5/+10 iLvL from every form of content isn't that rare.

Benthic gear can't WF/TF or socket, and nobody has even stated how long it takes to grind out an individual piece. Heroic, M+, and Mythic are all far more efficient ways of getting gear at or above 430 gear, with a wider degree of stats as well.

I fail to see the problem, or how this is a problem in the game. The game has had states of catch up for over 12 years now. The Sunwell badge vendor literally gave you gear that was as good as BT/Hyjal gear, and all it required you to do was dungeons or easy raids. It took forever, and raiding was still more efficient, but it was there. Every major version of this game sans Vanilla had badge, valor or some type of currency catch up mechanic in the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What it does invalidate, for the more casual player, is raiding at all i.e. LFR. Like I've already said I've barely scratched LFR this expansion and my toons, while not swimming in high ilvl, all surpass anything I could've acquired from LFR. And most likely from Normal as well, if I cared about that.

Now, I'm not completely complaining because I find the BfA raids to be boring and uninteresting so I'm happy there's no reason for me to do them (plus the transmog is horrid, so there's not even that carrot). But raiding, even just LFR, paces out the gear acquisition in a way that keeps you coming back for months to try and fill that last hole. So it serves a useful purpose for the life of the game. Right now I'm beyond bored with BfA because all systems are designed to funnel gear to the player rather than fun and the WQ/Emissaries/Warfronts have dominated that funneling for anyone that does anything less than Heroic raiding/High keystones.

I'm not sure if I like the way they're doing it or not. I kinda miss my weekly LFR runs but at the same time I've hated BfA raids so I can't really decide.
    At this point M0 dungeons, WQs, faction assaults, etc invalidate LFR.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Aren't the items for the gear BoA? Meaning you can farm up a set using alts if you wish?
    Yes, on PTR is like that. Fingers crossed it wont get changed!
    Thats why i said "on several toons"

Even if not, then yes this does give a more long-term method of acquiring gear outside of raiding. But like I said, I'm not sure I like it or not. For one I do miss the weekly LFR runs, at least when the raids were good. But for the other I just want to have fun and collect mostly cosmetic things (mounts, transmog, gold, toys, etc) and not gear. That's not a sufficient reward to keep me interested in farmable content.
    I understand you are more of a collector.
    I THINK there is dozens of toys and mounts in Nazjatar e Mechagon. If thats your thing, i hope you have fun.

I just want "power" at this point but im "lazy"...call it lazy, i dont care, i just dont like the places where good gear is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except it's not catchup gear(at least not the 430 stuff), it's heroic raid equivalent. Getting a full set of that from (presumably) easy solo content should take a very, very long time.
    I don't think you understand what Blizzard means by "catch up". It is in reference to fresh 120's, so the 385 gear is very much catch up gear and I assume it will work exactly the same as the gear in Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    This phrase is refering to the current state of the game, correct?

But Nazjatar fixes this, no?
    We will have a "long term goal"...everyday farming...on several toons. Work work work

No?
    No becouse people will just log in finish few world Q and quit. This world progression what rewards high end gear actualy removes content from players by invalidating instanced content. And now they wont keep playing world content becouse gear progression isnt neded to do world content. You just increase artificial number for nothing. You still do same boring faceroll world content and thats not what will hold players interest.

Only world this progression makes sense is if Blizzard would remove difficulty levels and make world content far mroe challenging than it is now. I am talking about world content what you cant beat without proper gear. than you would have actual reason to get more power.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-10 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    If all you do is LFR and M0 why do you care about ilvl?
    All i do is random Bgs, Duels and World PvP.

Item level pvp scaling lets me be a relatively decent killing machine against similar item level players.
    But once you face 400-something item level players....you face a lot of problems

370 ilvl VS a 400-something ilvl player is very noticeable, even with the scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No becouse people will just log in finish few world Q and quit. This world progression what rewards high end gear actualy removes content from players by invalidating instanced content. And now they wont keep playing world content becouse gear progression isnt neded to do world content. You just increase artificial number for nothing. You still do same boring faceroll world content and thats not what will hold players interest.

Only world this progression makes sense is if Blizzard would remove difficulty levels and make world content far mroe challenging than it is now. I am talking about world content what you cant beat without proper gear. than you would have actual reason to get more power.
    humm, i guess you are right.

Item level is possibly only good for me, a person who wants "power" in pvp.
    I have no idea why would anyone else need item level.
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-05-10 at 04:40 PM.

M+ will get you all the gear you need, what the point of farming something that can be achieved with little to no effort (buy a run)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    M+ will get you all the gear you need, what the point of farming something that can be achieved with little to no effort (buy a run)?
    In WoW im poor, lazy and dont want to deal with M+ failed groups.

I just want 8.2 to release today T_T i need something to keep me busy.
    THis patch is going to be awesome.

I have a better question. Why is the gear RNG stats when they said it wouldn't be?

I just bought some legs on PTR and there were no "predetermined" stats on it until I clicked it to open. Didn't show any on the vendor, didn't show it on the container item itself nor did it let me choose what stat combo I would like.

That is not how predetermined or "no RNG" works at all. So either the items aren't showing the stats because they have just been implemented/could be a bug or Blizzard were telling porkies.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-11 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet there will be some sort of "incentivized" must-do-daily-minimum and daily-maximum progressions.
    So, it still pisses me off that Blizzard will dictate my play schedule.

But at least there seems to be at least some miniscule exploration and maybe some toddler-level platform puzzles.
    Some actually-rare rares, and some actually-hidden actual-treasures.
    Which will be fun.

This will be a super long grind to get decked out in HC gear, as it ought to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I have a better question. Why is the gear RNG stats when they said it wouldn't be?

I just bought some legs on PTR and there were no "predetermined" stats on it until I clicked it to open. Didn't show any on the vendor, didn't show it on the container item itself nor did it let me choose what stat combo I would like.

That is not how predetermined or "no RNG" works at all. So either the items aren't showing the stats because they have just been implemented/could be a bug or Blizzard were telling porkies.
    Maybe the stats are always the same...but they dont show you the stats before you "open" the token.

No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Try to duel a 400-something item level player with your 370 ilvl toon...then come back to me...and tell to my face pvp is "normalized"
    Skill difference =/= to gear.. if someone had 400 ilvl and you have 370 chances are they've invested more time into the spec and are better at it

- - - Updated - - -

The item will always have the same stats they do it that way so it has a chance t o TF or Wf as it can't proc on a purchase ... it can on a craft and thats what those tokens ar