Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Battle Royale like or no?

So i played a mobile game called Mobile Legends and its basically like League of Legends or Dota and they even have battle royale and it was kinds cool same concept could be brought in WoW as a world pvp basically.

WoW is big enough to have at least 20 maps or more in all different locations of WoW.

You drop out of a goblin plane or w.e. and you are already max level and you find gear that is tuned to the same ilevel for everyone.(you can find gear on floor/in chests or just kill mobs that drop the gear and wear it as you go)

You get to pick a class before you drop.(remove the op skills like stealth and immune effects)

Now im not saying i want this feature but if it came would you hate it or love it?

Edit: Also it would not be a seperate new game but a que like BG, Arena and then Battle Royale.
    Last edited by ali725; 2019-05-30 at 08:59 AM.

So... world pvp but we call it wowbr instead?

it will take 10 years for blizzard to understand that battle royale in wow would be 100x more interesting and popular then cancer battlefront/expeditions they add in bfa...

So basicly WoW without any mmorpg elements. Kind of like HoTS but with gear and without any other franchises.
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    So basicly WoW without any mmorpg elements. Kind of like HoTS but with gear and without any other franchises.
    Nope
    not as a seperate new game but just another que in the pvp section like BGs, Arena and then Battle royale

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    it will take 10 years for blizzard to understand that battle royale in wow would be 100x more interesting and popular then cancer battlefront/expeditions they add in bfa...
    i do believe it would be more fun then warfronts or island expeditions

Any other new ideas? A big battleground with vehicles where you storm a castle and winning faction gets a special raid-boss?

/s For those that don't recall that WoW has already had it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, has WoW always had this with the STV arena? Comparisons to world PvP are wrong because that's side based not FFA PvP but STV arena is FFA.

So really we'd what, have an instanced, larger scale version of STV? I guess you could start everyone naked or in greens, then have them pick up temp gear in the instance but I dunno if that will work well. I suspect the winners would reliably be a small selection of classes and specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had a coliseum free-for-all, which was fun for a bit.

I would definitely try a battle-royale BG, especially with squads. I would want a large-scale island so that there could still be small skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post

I would definitely try a battle-royale BG, especially with squads. I would want a large-scale island so that there could still be small skirmishes.
    ^ Pretty much this.

The problem with BR in wow as seen in the WoD Colosseum , was that some classes had extreme advantages over others, but most of the time winning involved politics and usually the best politicians won.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. battle royales are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, loved the Colosseum, but isn't Battle Royale just a glorified King of the Hill/Last Man Standing?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it non-instanced and I am game.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

If they made a royal battleground that would be actually pretty cool, kinda like their huge bg's but when you die you are gone.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, loved the Colosseum, but isn't Battle Royale just a glorified King of the Hill/Last Man Standing?
    Yes, but with some extra mechanics:
    - the area starts huge and shrinks over time.
    - there are upgrade to pick up and loot.
    - there's usually a squad mode so you can play as a team, which would be a better fit for WoW than solo-queue.

It would make for a good Epic BG. Queue up as a 5man party and face off against 7 other teams on a massive island that slowly shrinks away. Maybe they could integrate their expedition-AI-players into it to fill in some extra teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Make it non-instanced and I am game.
    Not sure how non-instanced would work. It would be OP if you could enter the fight halfway through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but with some extra mechanics:
    - the area starts huge and shrinks over time.
    - there are upgrade to pick up and loot.
    - there's usually a squad mode so you can play as a team, which would be a better fit for WoW than solo-queue.

It would make for a good Epic BG. Queue up as a 5man party and face off against 7 other teams on a massive island that slowly shrinks away. Maybe they could integrate their expedition-AI-players into it to fill in some extra teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how non-instanced would work. It would be OP if you could enter the fight halfway through.
    You can use sharding and whatnot, since most likely there will always be a new one starting.

Or maybe you have to watch it end, like the brawlers guild.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

On a practical level, i don't hate this idea and think it could work well (wow engine can handle 100 players NP)

on the other, how would you do the que? solo? teams of 3, or 5 like arena?

5+ Year Old Account
    I kind of like the idea but I think it would be a bastard to balance and I imagine the fume that would start when it wasn't perfect would just mean it wouldn't be worth the hassle. I'd probably still rather be playing the classic beta.

No...wasted resources. BR are awful.

Then we have engine limitations on larger populations and the fact that pvp combat is sorta "meh". Doubt it could work in a good way.

It already exist in the game in the deathmatches arena (Darkmoon Faire and Stranglethorn)

But they could do a battleground for it, I'm surprised they didn't do it yet, but it would probably need to be a skirmish since they would never hear the end of it as the game is not balanced at all for 1v1.