Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    LFR isn't a good source of ilvl right now. It's much easier to just jump in low to medium keys and get much better gear much more quickly. LFR does, however, provide a source for two of the most important categories of gear, Azerite armors and raid trinkets (though the latter may actually be worse than M+ trinkets depending on spec).
    For a casual player, LFR isn't even a good source of ilvl compared to world quests even. I've stopped raiding at all this expansion (not enjoying them or the expansion at all) and I have four toons in gear superior to LFR without touching mythic+
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  2. #82
    A casual player dream?isnt everyone in wow a casual these days?i mean even raiders only login to raid once/twice a week isnt that sort of casual?imho this casual/elitist attitude is a problem for wow as its always caused a divide or friction and doesnt need to be a problem,just play the game how you see fit and let others do the same.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    For a casual player, LFR isn't even a good source of ilvl compared to world quests even. I've stopped raiding at all this expansion (not enjoying them or the expansion at all) and I have four toons in gear superior to LFR without touching mythic+
    Really, there is little reason to do LFR for gear in BfA. You can get better gear from emissaries. You'll probably just do it once for quests, a few times for mounts or a few times for crafting mats up to Heroic quality.
    Legion kept LFR alive because of a high chance at legendaries, farming hidden skins and because you wanted tier or chances at TF on trinkets. MoP had you do LFR for OP trinkets, two slots of tier beyond the world boss ones and rep in ToT as well as the legendary questline. In WoD you would just run it a few times to get your legendary and then it'd be useless. BfA has none of these reasons. Which is why they should really consider killing LFR and replacing it with two solo versions; a story mode that let's you clear quests but gives little if any gear and if possible, a challenging solo experience that gives decent gear (depends on how challenging they make it).

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not really different from Relinquished Gear from Argus or Broken Shore.

    Or whatever was on the Timeless Isle or Tanaan Jungle.
    Timeless Isle was called timeless gear, and Tanaan was baleful.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Timeless Isle was called timeless gear, and Tanaan was baleful.
    And each of these systems has been different.
    Timeless Isles and Baleful were fairly similar with the different being that TI also had its own unique trinkets that were very solid when upgraded (but overshadowed by the vastly OP SoO trinkets, even from LFR and at lower ilvl). Relinquished gear was any gear that could drop elsewhere in the expansion, I had gotten TF versions of EN tier during Argus ffs. Benthic gear is specific gear with set stats and minor effects and it can be reliable upgraded to a much higher relative ilvl than Timeless and Baleful (Relinquished could TF so it was a different case entirely).

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's buy all the items. cloak + bracers + gloves + belt + pants + boots. 5 pearls a pop. 5+5+5+5+5+5=30 pearls and you're 385.

    Now let's upgrade all the items to 400. 20 pearls a pop. 20+20+20+20+20+20=120 pearls and you're 400

    Now let's upgrade all the items to 430. 10 pearls per 5 items levels, so 60 pearls. 60+60+60+60+60+60=360 pearls and you're 430.

    So how much did we waste to get to 430 in almost every slot? No "nazjatar weapons" and ignoring azerite armor slots: you've used up to 30+120+360=510

    510 pearls. How many pearls can you get per day again?
    I think you will probably be able to get around 2-5 pearls a day (casually/solo). This would make getting single pieces and their upgrades not too bad, but a full set would take some effort.

    Probably 5, looking back. Too little and the task would be daunting, too much and it becomes trivial and insulting to those who raid.
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2019-05-10 at 07:34 AM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    What if I told you casuals do M0 for a weekly cache when the quest comes around? Don't need to go higher as a casual, saves stress, time and hassle of getting a key group

    Also difficulty is directly proportionate to time spent.
    Depends on what type of casual you are, im very casual right now becouse work being insane but when i do get time over to play i try to play at hardest possible.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And each of these systems has been different.
    Timeless Isles and Baleful were fairly similar with the different being that TI also had its own unique trinkets that were very solid when upgraded (but overshadowed by the vastly OP SoO trinkets, even from LFR and at lower ilvl). Relinquished gear was any gear that could drop elsewhere in the expansion, I had gotten TF versions of EN tier during Argus ffs. Benthic gear is specific gear with set stats and minor effects and it can be reliable upgraded to a much higher relative ilvl than Timeless and Baleful (Relinquished could TF so it was a different case entirely).
    I know. Spotnick was talking about the various token systems we had before and couldn't remember what timeless and tanaan pieces were called.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    For a casual player, LFR isn't even a good source of ilvl compared to world quests even. I've stopped raiding at all this expansion (not enjoying them or the expansion at all) and I have four toons in gear superior to LFR without touching mythic+
    I did all wings of LfR once on my main, for quests, achievements and seeing the lore, and CoS once on my alt as well (To see if anything looks/sounds/appears different without that “Gift of N’Zoth”-buff, seemed the same to me), but i don’t really enjoy LfR anymore, the fights are too complicated and cluster*beep*-y, that it’s not really fun to do anymore...

    ...and BoD/CoS gear was surpassed by WQs anyway when the raids opened up, so i’m fine with that, i can work at character progression (The whole idea of RPGs) at my own pace, just like i did back in Wrath, and Nazjatar/Mechagon seem to provide the same, and i like it!
    Last edited by mysticx; 2019-05-10 at 02:38 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.

    Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

    Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

    Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.
    430ilvl in the next patch will roughly correspond to ilvl 400 currently.
    If you dont hate it too much id recomend adding a weekly m+ on your weekly to-do list for that sweet 440ilvl piece and residium to buy 445 azerit pieces.
    Youll end up being pretty close to the ilvl of mythic raiders.
    "My brother thinks I'm crazy to play the same game for years. He doesn't understand. I plan to play it for the rest of my life."

  11. #91
    It’ll be grindy. What was it, they start at 385 for 5 badges, then it’s 10 more for +5 item levels I think..? so that will be a lot of farming .

  12. #92
    Relinquished gear had a base ilvl you could buy then hope for wf/tf procs. Benthic gear you can upgrade so obviously its gonna be alot better. Only question is how hard/easy can the perls be obtainable

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    It’ll be grindy. What was it, they start at 385 for 5 badges, then it’s 10 more for +5 item levels I think..? so that will be a lot of farming .
    5 tokens for the 385 item
    Then 20 tokens to make it pearled and 400
    Then 6x10 tokens to make it 430 (or 2x30 for Azerite gear)
    That 85 tokens per item although you can get the initial item from world quests. Times 9 slots means 765 manapearls or 720 if you wait to get the starting items from world quests.
    The question of course is, how fast can you get manapearls?

    Right now you can get them from a lot of activities.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-05-10 at 08:13 AM.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.

    Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

    Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

    Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.

    It's the end of the expansion ( like timeless, argus, etc... ).

    The new cap will be 425 ( the actual ) +30 = 455, so a 430 openworld is not a big deal ( also they would like to see the zones with many players ).

    Currently with emissary and world quest you can achieve the same ( 400 out of 425, which has the same gap ) with timegate, but with a chance of warforged/titanforged, which can be better than ilvl 400.

    Also remember that probably you will still have to do emissary or mythic or raid in order to collect azerite pieces, because there's a probability that head/shoulders/chest you are going to drop on the island won't have azerite traits. We will see.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.
    I don't understand that part. You have normal, heroic and mythic raids above LFR and mythic+ dungeons above mythic 0. Care to explain your thought more?

    Higher ilvl let's you explore more difficult content, be it World, dungeon or pvp. It's nice that players can do a bit of anything to get gear so that they can do those things.
    Well met!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean in 5.2 you would get enough valor for a new item almost every week (close to 2 items every 3 weeks) and those items were just one tier below the best gear. I think Nazjatar operates under the same concept; you'll be able to get 430 gear for all the slots except weapons/trinkets/rings in about three months; it is possible however that the manapearl acquisition ends up much faster than valor was, especially if you do a lot of world pvp.
    For trinkets and rings there is a 420 cache you can grind for in Mechagon and you can grind for it reasonably fast (should be able to get one every three days or every two days with a LOT of grinding) but it is much more random so it may take a while to get what you want still easily under a month.
    Not sure about weapons. There are some weapon recipes for Pascal I think but no idea if they are high ilvl.
    I tier below =\= 1 difficulty below. It is absolutly insane that Vlizzard is giving away heroic loot for doing such mindless content.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I tier below =\= 1 difficulty below. It is absolutly insane that Vlizzard is giving away heroic loot for doing such mindless content.
    By 1 tier I meant 1 difficulty sorry. ToT Valor gear had the same ilvl with Normal raid gear back when the top raiding level was Heroic.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I think you will probably be able to get around 2-5 pearls a day (casually/solo). This would make getting single pieces and their upgrades not too bad, but a full set would take some effort.

    Probably 5, looking back. Too little and the task would be daunting, too much and it becomes trivial and insulting to those who raid.
    Most of you forget that those items are account bound. So you can farm pearls on another few more alts and send everhing to your main.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I don't understand that part. You have normal, heroic and mythic raids above LFR and mythic+ dungeons above mythic 0. Care to explain your thought more?

    Higher ilvl let's you explore more difficult content, be it World, dungeon or pvp. It's nice that players can do a bit of anything to get gear so that they can do those things.
    he doesnt - because without 3000+ ret...rd.io you cannot do anything in this game anymore

    therefore he is cheerfull he will have finally content to farm.

    what is hard to understand here

  20. #100
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    16,219
    I wouldn’t expect it to be fast. But it is nice to have a way to get gear that isn’t Mythic+ or raiding. And it gives people not interested in that content a long-term goal to work towards until 8.3 drops.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •