Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Right now, all i do is LFR...there is literally nothing else i do.
    I think this is the issue. A lot of people ONLY do the bare minimum because they don't NEED to do more than the bare minimum. If only you needed to do dungeons before you could raid, gear before you did dungeons, level before you geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think this is the issue. A lot of people ONLY do the bare minimum because they don't NEED to do more than the bare minimum. If only you needed to do dungeons before you could raid, gear before you did dungeons, level before you geared.
    Exactly.

Now you can just do quests and be raid ready in a day or two.

It's insane how broken the progression is just because people believe they deserve to be on par with Heroic raiders in terms of item level.

hopefully it will be good leveling gear when this bfa shitshow is over and done with
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Pretty sure the duels in front of stormwind thing is pure BS. It doesn't match with LFR-only heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I appreciate this version of WoW BUT i also appreciate the Classic WoW experience.
    Both for different reasons.

Yes, i am lazy on "current WoW" and i kinda like it.
    Classic i will need to "work hard" and i kinda like it also.

I think we NEED both this versions of World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pretty sure the duels in front of stormwind thing is pure BS. It doesn't match with LFR-only heroes.
    Why else would i want gear?

All i do is random BGs and Duels and World PvP. I do nothing else.
    (well...i do LFR and Mythic 0 to get gear)

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    hopefully it will be good leveling gear when this bfa shitshow is over and done with
    I'm afraid if you aren't happy with BfA, that whatever follows will be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's insane how broken the progression is just because people believe they deserve to be on par with Heroic raiders in terms of item level.
    People fling that around so much. No one deserves anything really, except for some standout achievements and they get those. If everyone arrives at 430 there really is no big deal. Heroic raiders get there much faster anyway, while mythic raider push harder content for higher lvl gear anyway and give zero fucks about that 430 gear anyway.

Oh man... i hope they become soulbound then.

I hate when you have to play alts to progress your main... that's something F2P games tend to do to boost their active playerbase and it's not fun whatsoever.

Exactly.

Now you can just do quests and be raid ready in a day or two.

" people believe they deserve to be on par with Heroic raiders in terms of item level."Thats a massive lie right there blizzard gave us the rewards not us of course we are going for them don't be silly blame the company not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    People fling that around so much. No one deserves anything really, except for some standout achievements and they get those. If everyone arrives at 430 there really is no big deal. Heroic raiders get there much faster anyway, while mythic raider push harder content for higher lvl gear anyway and give zero fucks about that 430 gear anyway.
    Yes it is a problem.

It invalidates 3/4 raid difficulties for progression. Which is supposed to be one of the two main endgame progression sources alongside Mythic +.

This gear should go to 400 at most. That's it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-10 at 02:33 PM.

Yes it is a problem.

It invalidates 3/4 raid difficulties for progression. Which is supposed to be one of the two main endgame progression sources alongside Mythic +.

"tradition is the enemy of progress"

This will keep a certain type of players busy and extremely happy in the end.

Yes it is a problem.

It invalidates 2/4 raid difficulties for progression. Which is supposed to be one of the two main endgame progression sources alongside Mythic +.

Invalidates what where for whom exactly? Anyone who is half-serious about raiding does normal and heroic progression on week1. The token gear will have zero impact on that. It is a long term catch-up. If a person would decide to not raid because he can get same gear somewhere down the line - that’s on him, really. A fair choice, that has nothing to do with token gear. I personally decided to skip dazaralor threadmill because the gear will get invalidated in 8.2, should they not release more raid tier so the raids don’t get invalidated.

If token gear “invalidates” the raid to the point where one does not have to farm heroic raid for 4 months to get 430 gear and instead can do it in 2 with a combination of two - i’m All up for it. As any sensible person will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes becouse you are that part of entilted casual audience. But this part of community was never majority.
    Yet Blizzard keep catering to that part of the community, so either Blizzard are *massively* misguided despite all the data at their disposal, or they know something you don't... :3

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yet Blizzard keep catering to that part of the community, so either Blizzard are *massively* misguided despite all the data at their disposal, or they know something you don't... :3
    Well considering it's the only part of the community left these days besides Mythic raiders what do you expect?

Majority of players quit this expansion. And it's showing when they are adding catch up gear this strong so early on to try and lure them back.

can't wait for the tears once people realize that giving heroic itemlevel gear to farmable world content with 0 difficulty involved will make pug requirements so absurdly high...

but blame r.io or the elitist, i don't know man.

I like the upgradeable system but 430 seems way to high

"Raid or die" is a thing of the past. Get over it.

Organised raiding is (and always was) a minority activity only about 10% of players participated in. What do you care if non organized players (again: majority of wow players) can grind a couple months for 430 gear? Heroic raiders will have their 430 gear a hell of a lot faster than that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering it's the only part of the community left these days besides Mythic raiders what do you expect?

Majority of players quit this expansion. And it's showing when they are adding catch up gear this strong so early on to try and lure them back.
    Casuals have always kept this game afloat. The appeal of WoW in the first place was that it was more casual than its predecessors.

Anyway this system doesn't invalidate shit. Here's the vendor gear to fill in holes that people were whining about since the start of BfA. If you're raiding in any capacity you're going to gear up way faster than a casual is going to get a full set of this gear and you're still going to perform better than them so why does it matter? You'll have the same or better level gear from farming your pug difficulty raid ages before the casual has a decent amount of this gear.

Where do you draw the line of not enough effort to warrant any gear progression? Do I get to say that anyone not raiding Mythic doesn't deserve any gear because literally all other content in the game is total faceroll for me?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it really depends on how fast you can get this gear, and it doesn't give you every slot to begin with.

Just because it gives you gear above heroic iLvL doesn't mean you're going to get it right away. Do people not remember how powerful badge gear was in TBC when the Sunwell badge vendor opened up, or how consistently powerful several badge items were every patch in WoTLK (you could get two pieces of tier in WoTLK). This isn't anything new.

Is the TF cap really 445? That doesn't make much sense considering the last bump was from 395 to 425. I would have expected it to be 455. Heroic dungeons and M+ giving 430 gear, and Mythic raids giving 445.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I mean, it really depends on how fast you can get this gear, and it doesn't give you every slot to begin with.

Just because it gives you gear above heroic iLvL doesn't mean you're going to get it right away. Do people not remember how powerful badge gear was in TBC when the Sunwell badge vendor opened up, or how consistently powerful several badge items were every patch in WoTLK (you could get two pieces of tier in WoTLK). This isn't anything new.

Is the TF cap really 445? That doesn't make much sense considering the last bump was from 395 to 425. I would have expected it to be 455. Heroic dungeons and M+ giving 430 gear, and Mythic raids giving 445.
    Mechagon gives the rest supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    can't wait for the tears once people realize that giving heroic itemlevel gear to farmable world content with 0 difficulty involved will make pug requirements so absurdly high...

but blame r.io or the elitist, i don't know man.

I like the upgradeable system but 430 seems way to high
    it takes so long to be fully geared by the time you get it there no time for Mythic+ or raids anyways above lfr lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    What it does invalidate, for the more casual player, is raiding at all i.e. LFR. Like I've already said I've barely scratched LFR this expansion and my toons, while not swimming in high ilvl, all surpass anything I could've acquired from LFR. And most likely from Normal as well, if I cared about that.

Now, I'm not completely complaining because I find the BfA raids to be boring and uninteresting so I'm happy there's no reason for me to do them (plus the transmog is horrid, so there's not even that carrot). But raiding, even just LFR, paces out the gear acquisition in a way that keeps you coming back for months to try and fill that last hole. So it serves a useful purpose for the life of the game. Right now I'm beyond bored with BfA because all systems are designed to funnel gear to the player rather than fun and the WQ/Emissaries/Warfronts have dominated that funneling for anyone that does anything less than Heroic raiding/High keystones.

I'm not sure if I like the way they're doing it or not. I kinda miss my weekly LFR runs but at the same time I've hated BfA raids so I can't really decide.
    I have to agree the raid gear looks so bad that im more of a world only quester with some events in the mix now that i do and some world bosses i can't stand timed content so i dont do Mythic+ anymore did it in legion tired of it in BFA.