Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Where is this Heroic raid that instantly decks you in full gear with no time required? I would love to know.
    Propably in his wierd alternative reality or something. He completly ignores everything what comes with heroic raiding and just take it like you will go into raid, instanly kill every boss and get loot from every boss kill without any effort, time conmittment or learning.

An Heroic raider doesnt do Mythic + on top of raiding? Thats new to me.

MMO-C is freaking disgusting.
    I read in every thread "gearing" is a joke and is done in a blink of an eye.

And now is incredibly difficult for some reason.
    @Senel @Elias01

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The argument regarding path of least resistance applies only in cases where the activity is not intrinsically enjoyable. If people take the path of least resistance to avoid raiding, it's because raiding is not enjoyable.

Here are some real world examples for you:
    Riding on a sunday afternoon vs. Riding a bike to work.
    Having sex vs. Ejaculating into a cup for a test.
    Painting an artwork vs. Painting a house.
    Drinking a coctail vs. Drinking a shot.

There are plenty of examples where people meaningfully avoid the path of least resistance to further enjoy the activity in question, because both the activity and the outcome are intrinsically desirable. when people "take the path of least resistance" it's because the activity is a means to an end, rather than an enjoyable activity with a rewarding payoff.

If people stop raiding because they can get the gear in a more fun way (or more likely, in a less painful way) that is an indictment on the place of raiding in the game as a whole.

There are people who enjoy raiding and everything that goes with it, and that is fine. They enjoy gathering the people, they enjoy working together, they enjoy overcoming the challenge as a group, and they enjoy getting the loot. Nothing should change for those people, and nothing does change for those people. Then, there are people who hate raiding. They hate waiting for raids to fill, they hate listening to creepy people on voice chat, they hate commiting to x hours a week in a videogame, but they raid because they want the loot. Those people are hostages to the system, designed by Blizzard to prop up the grandiose idea.

If there are so many people in the second group that their loss is detrimental to raiding as a whole, then raiding in its current form doesnt belong in wow.
    as it never did. blizzard obsession on raiding in the cata-legion era costed them milions of subs in favour of couple of hundreds of thousands.

i can pin point exact moment when free fall of subs started - in SoO in MoP - when they removed VP gear.

what nazjatar gear is basickly VP gear just with different name and without any way to farm it in dungeons. nothing else.

want proof ? look in legion how many people instantly dropped raiding when mythic + got introduced.

all those people always hated raiding - but they had no alternative

the moment alternative was there they all left raiding.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-05-12 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Too fast."

I haven't been to the PTR so I don't know the rate of acquisition of mana pearls. What's the rate?
    A little under 2 months for full set of fully upgraded 430 as it is right now for just running WQs for about 20-30 minutes a day, which will get even faster w/ flying.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    as it never did. blizzard obsession on raiding in the cata-legion era costed them milions of subs in favour of couple of hundreds of thousands.

i can pin point exact moment when free fall of subs started - in SoO in MoP - when they removed VP gear.

what nazjatar gear is basickly VP gear just with different name and without any way to farm it in dungeons. nothing else.

want proof ? look in legion how many people instantly dropped raiding when mythic + got introduced.

all those people always hated raiding - but they had no alternative

the moment alternative was there they all left raiding.
    They didnt hate raiding. Mythic+ judt become far more efficient to gear up. Players will always pick path of least resistance no matter if they have fun or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    They didnt hate raiding. Mythic+ judt become far more efficient to gear up. Players will always pick path of least resistance no matter if they have fun or not.
    and how would you know this ? how woudl you know if they didnt hate raiding but it was literaly the only activity in game that was offering character progress.

it was either raid or unsub for nearly 3 year. (SoO -> launch of legion)

and "coincidentaly" it was the lowest sub in wow history then .

and how would you know this ? how woudl you know if they didnt hate raiding but it was literaly the only activity in game that was offering character progress.

Curret BFA have lowest sub in history and lowest players activity. And if you want relevant progression in world content then look at vannil and TBC becouse thats how you do progression outside of instances no this welfare nonsense.

Yes. Reaching a reasonably high ilvl after over 2 months of daily farming makes the entire game casual.

That's why guilds and M+ teams just use ilvl to recruit players, instead of all that boring raider.io or warcraft logs analysis shit.

This is a horrible idea. My favourite bit of the game is farming for absolutely fucking ages to gear my alts, and now it's ruined.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-05-12 at 02:31 PM.

Always makes me laugh when people call easy gear progression "for causals" when everyone I know who does mythic progression absolutely loves this stuff because it allows us to have geared alts.
    The real casuals are the ones who have to compete with relinquished geared alts all along.

Good Gear Does Not Make Good Players. It Just Hides Bad Ones a Bit More.

But more importantly, this system allows for main switching without affecting most guilds. What happens when one of your tanks or healers gets a new job, has a new kid, or something else that causes them to not be able to raid anymore? You just stop raiding as a guild? Sure you can recruit new ones but a lot of people like to switch roles so a DPS might be willing to step up to the plate; and because recruiting good DPS is easier than a good healer or tank. But their alt that they are swapping to might not have all the gear needed so systems like they get them to a baseline performance so that they do not need to be carried in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Curret BFA have lowest sub in history and lowest players activity. And if you want relevant progression in world content then look at vannil and TBC becouse thats how you do progression outside of instances no this welfare nonsense.
    you have no proof of this

financial numbers are on all time high

suggesting you are wrong

so "casuals" can get full 430 in ~3months if they do all dailies, every day, for 3 months? who cares!
    heroic/mythic raiders can be fully decked in 430+ in a month. or a week if they spams m+10s.
    it gives raiders some meaningful rewards from WQs, besides the endless azerite grind.
    this targeted gear grind will be handy, to fill in the last 1-2 missing slots with 430s.

id love to see a similar token upgrade system for raid gear, that could go all the way up to 455 (mythic ilvl +10 warforge ilvls). maybe even socket tokens, and speed/leech/avoidance tokens.

if you hate raiding, that game is not for you. world of warcraft literally revoles around raiding. the only reason anything else exists is thanks to the raids and the raiding scene, including miserable pvp cucks

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Gear is content...
    It unlocks player power.
    You can show off that power in several places and have a boner when placed high on damage meters.
    Youre confused. Gear is not "content". Gear is a reward/tool. The activities that are done to obtain gear are content.

suggesting you are wrong
    lol wtf. suggesting you are delusional. I'm sure WoW gained a lot of subs at the time the MAU dropped by over 8%. You are a genius.

The hardest content i do right now is LFR or Mythic 0 dungeons...and to be quite honest there is nothing else to do as a casual player.

Now comes Nazjatar.
    And you are telling me...i will now be able to be ilvl 430...without RNG...farming world content...everyday...for weeks?
    And then i need to go to Mechagon to farm weapons, rings and trinkets?
    And then i need to farm world content to unlock the neckpiece talents?

Man...seems like an adventure to me specially with warmode on.

Am i missing something important? Or is it really true that a casual player will have all this things to do?
    Seems dreamy.

Additional Information:

1) Some quick Math IF you are able to get 10 Pearls per day (not sure how many pearls you can get per day/week)

2) The pearl items are bind on account on PTR, meaning you can farm them on several alts and funnel them to your main character
    Don't bother, it's a dick move coming from blizzard to get players subbed. 8.2 doesn't looking really appealing idk if you actually took blizzard's bait. I'm not falling for this bullshit. I'll wait for next xpac announcement meanwhile i be playing vanilla for short period of time... hopefullly i continue or stop...

10+ Year Old Account
    Item level aside, what I like are the special abilities. A lot of them seem interesting and I can't wait to see how they handle on live.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

suggesting you are wrong
    And you have no proff it isnt lowest.

I have often wondered why WoW just never pulled the trigger on World and Instance specialized gear (similar to PvP resilience gear).

Just make most world sources for gear give bonus stats in world content but not in instances... essentially 455 world gear scales down to 400 in instances. (Insert your own numbers. They are just examples.). World gear could be focused on grinds that approximate instance gearing rates.

Then instance gear works the exact opposite, where it scales down in world content.

This allows both types of players to be God’s in their primary play style but still be competent in the secondary. It would be so simple and solve so many arguments.

No it doesnt because Benthic is an alternative means of progression.

If you ask a Heroic Raider:
    -"Do you want to do world quests everyday, on several toons, without skipping a day, for 2 months to get 430 ilvl gear?"

I bet many of them would tell you "No, are you stupid? Do i look like a chinese farmer to you?"

-----

You are missing the point.
    The TIME when you are able to get the gear is very important.
    By your argument is pointless to farm any content...because the next patch releases in 3 months..
    Timing is really important in this argument,
    430 is the same iLVL as Heroic Eternal Palace. Call it catch-up gear, or alternative progression, or whatever. The effect is the same: It makes it pointless to run any content below that level, INVALIDATING it. And a player didn't have to do anything besides wait for a patch for it to be available.

Where is the progression? What content or challenges did they have to overcome in order to access it?

I don't understand why this is a difficult concept for you to tackle.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-05-12 at 06:25 PM.