Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Good for them. Always a win to not allow baby murder. A victory for common sense.
    Well, good thing it isn't baby murder.
    Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

Umm. I just want to not kill babies... Lmfao. We usually take away the rights of murderers. Killing a baby takes away their rights smart guy. You seem unhinged.
    Who's forcing you to kill babies? Is someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to do so? How can you advocate for something that takes peoples rights away, and then turn around to say it's not what you're doing? Why such dishonesty? Who's unhinged? The sharia peddler who wants peoples rights taken, or the one who doesn't agree?

Epic!
    Umm. I just want to not kill babies... Lmfao. We usually take away the rights of murderers. Killing a baby takes away their rights smart guy. You seem unhinged.
    You're killing babies every time you whack off into a tissue, Mr. Incel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    My thoughts? I think this is just another reason to add to my endless list of reasons why I consider every Republican voter a sexist, racist, morally decript filth.
    Stop being a sheep, there is nothing sexist, racist or morally decrepit filth about valuing human life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Unlike an abortion, in which another organism is being killed by his or her mother, sperm actually are part of the man's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Unlike an abortion, in which a parasite is being killed by his or her mother, sperm actually are part of the man's body.
    FTFY.

We kill tapeworms too. Should we stop doing that?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    My thoughts? I think this is just another reason to add to my endless list of reasons why I consider every Republican voter a sexist, racist, morally decript filth.
    Black women vote republican too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Who's forcing you to kill babies? Is someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to do so? How can you advocate for something that takes peoples rights away, and then turn around to say it's not what you're doing? Why such dishonesty? Who's unhinged? The sharia peddler who wants peoples rights taken, or the one who doesn't agree?
    You've hit on the point that is the center of abortion. When does the combination of sperm and egg become a person and gain those rights that all humans are afforded? And when does that combination of sperm and egg start to infringe on the rights of the mother/woman if it ever does at all? These are the questions that we repeatedly ask over and over again on abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I know you are being sarcastic but there are those that believe this fact that sperm and eggs. And centers around When does the combination of sperm and egg become a person and gain those rights that all humans are afforded?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I feel that if they were gonna "ban" Abortion, the least they could do is leave exemptions due to rape/incest or to dangers to the health of the potential mother.
    All life is precious, life begins at conception, Gawd has a plan even if you dont understand it.

/s
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You've hit on the point that is the center of abortion. When does the combination of sperm and egg become a person and gain those rights that all humans are afforded? And when does that combination of sperm and egg start to infringe on the rights of the mother/woman if it ever does at all? These are the questions that we repeatedly ask over and over again on abortion.
    Except there's no reason to even have that discussion with religious extremists, who are not interested in that talk whatsoever. Sure, they might argue about that part, but when full ban is their goal, the entire talk is a complete waste. The only reasonable thing to do is tell them no. Every single time, and to make them know they are being opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Link: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/alaba...155443928.html

Thoughts? I’m absolutely shocked and angered that something like this may be allowed.
    Texas has tried a ton of bills like this. Just to have them shot down in the courts. Instead of going after abortion why not offer no cost vasectomies? I'd say offer low-cost or no-cost tubal ligation as well but that require significant surgery and recovery time not unlike a vasectomy where the recovering times just a few days. Also obligatory.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TlpXLjJ i got banned from twitter for this. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I generally refuse to align myself as pro choice or pro life.. but i'll NEVER understand how anyone can say its ok to force a rape victim to carry a kid .. like WTF
    Like I have been saying on this forum for years; this is an inevitability, a core part of the nature of conservatism. It's politics will always march more rightward as it gains more power in government, and conservative politicians, due to political expediency and the basic nature of fear, have to move more rightward or they will become a targeted scapegoat in the messaging of conservatism. They will blow past your red-line of forcing women to bear a child born of rape; and you will be just as expendable as everyone else is to the right of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I'm pro choice but honestly this wouldn't be the end of the world. Oh no, you can't kill your unborn children anymore...the horror. Yes, I think there is enough ambiguity there that the government shouldn't be able to decide for people what is right and restrict personal decisions that can't be proven wrong, but It's so crazy to me that people act like this is so immoral and evil to try to protect living things.

"It's my body"...oh shut up. No one cares about your body, they care about the thing inside your body. You should care too. Sometimes abortion is for the best and there are other reasons why the government shouldn't interfere but either way abortion is an awful thing that people should make better decisions to avoid.

You can quit that outrage act, as it was pretty transparently poor one. Why is talking of slavery controversial when you have no problem with stripping half the population of rights anyway? It seems right up the alley, so I'm just wondering how far you want to take this stripping of peoples rights.
    Engaging in the sexual act has a high chance of making a person. I think that EVERYBODY knows that it is a possible outcome. Forcing someone to take responsibility is not that same as victimizing. That being said, I am not anti-abortion, I just disagree with your reasoning. Reproduction is the natural outcome of intercourse. We as humans find ways to overcome nature, but when we fail at overcoming nature it does not make people victims, other than of their poor choices.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    I'm pro choice but honestly this wouldn't be the end of the world. Oh no, you can't kill your unborn children anymore...the horror. Yes, I think there is enough ambiguity there that the government shouldn't be able to decide for people what is right and restrict personal decisions that can't be proven wrong, but It's so crazy to me that people act like this is so immoral and evil to try to protect living things.

"It's my body"...oh shut up. No one cares about your body, they care about the thing inside your body. You should care too. Sometimes abortion is for the best and there are other reasons why the government shouldn't interfere but either way abortion is an awful thing that people should make better decisions to avoid.
    Fine. Men should be forced to donate organs to women who need them then. Your body? Shut up, no one cares about your body, they care about the thing inside your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Engaging in the sexual act has a high chance of making a person. I think that EVERYBODY knows that it is a possible outcome. Forcing someone to take responsibility is not that same as victimizing. That being said, I am not anti-abortion, I just disagree with your reasoning. Reproduction is the natural outcome of intercourse. We as humans find ways to overcome nature, but when we fail at overcoming nature it does not make people victims, other than of their poor choices.
    Yeah, all the rape victims are no longer victims, just people who couldn't make better choices. Shame on them.
    Last edited by Aedrielle; 2019-05-10 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Engaging in the sexual act has a high chance of making a person. I think that EVERYBODY knows that it is a possible outcome. Forcing someone to take responsibility is not that same as victimizing.
    Getting an abortion is "taking responsibility." Fucking obviously.

Unless you think bringing an entire person into the world for the sole purpose of teaching those worthless sluts a lesson for not keeping their legs closed is a reasonable stance to hold...

Fine. Men should be forced to donate organs to women who need them then. Your body? Shut up, no one cares about your body, they care about the thing inside your body.
    That isn't at all comparable. When you have sex you have to understand that such a decision has the possibility to produce pregnancy no matter what precautions you take. Therefore if you don't want kids you should avoid having sex or accept the consequences. Rape is an example where I think abortion is almost always justified. Unless you want to argue that if you injure someone and they need an organ that you should be forced to give them one of your organs if they need it to survive. I would agree with that in principle but it just wouldn't be very effective or reasonable in practice so that is just silly.

There's also the issue that organs are obviously nothing like a child growing inside of you. Organs are to keep you alive and they are yours. A child growing inside of you is not yours. You made yourself responsible for its wellbeing when you chose to have sex, it is YOUR "job" to keep IT alive. Sometimes it can't be helped and the best decision for that unborn child is to abort it and as its parent you have the right to make that decision, but you are still responsible for it barring certain circumstances like rape or being too young to be able to truly understand your role as a parent when you got pregnant etc.
    Last edited by dippinsawse; 2019-05-10 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post

Thoughts? I’m absolutely shocked and angered that something like this may be allowed.
    This IS one of the results you get when you allow states to make their own laws... If we allow states to make laws that allow abortion up to the very moment of birth then we can expect states to swing to the other extreme as well. The only other solution is a federal law that says what is and isn't allowed.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So will they overturn Roe vs. Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    That isn't at all comparable. When you have sex you have to understand that such a decision has the possibility to produce pregnancy no matter what precautions you take. Therefore if you don't want kids you should avoid having sex or accept the consequences. Rape is an example where I think abortion is almost always justified. Unless you want to argue that if you injure someone and they need an organ that you should be forced to give them one of your organs if they need it to survive. I would agree with that in principle but it just wouldn't be very effective or reasonable in practice so that is just silly.

There's also the issue that organs are obviously nothing like a child growing inside of you. Organs are to keep you alive and they are yours. A child growing inside of you is not yours. You made yourself responsible for its wellbeing when you chose to have sex, it is YOUR "job" to keep IT alive. Sometimes it can't be helped and the best decision for that unborn child is to abort it and as its parent you have the right to make that decision, but you are still responsible for it barring certain circumstances like rape or being too young to be able to truly understand your role as a parent when you got pregnant etc.
    Oh, please do explain. Is the baby less human? What did the baby in that case do to be less than human and deserve murdering?