Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,471
    This is fucking disgusting. That case of the 11 year old is fucking disgusting. Being raped is traumatic enough but then having to have having to carry this permanent reminder for almost a year to full term, to give it up to the state who will treat it like shit, not even encountering any medical problems for the child or mother during the Pregancy. it's hypocrisy. people only care about the baby in its first nine months, they don't care about the child after birth, and they give 0 shits of the mother from the moment of conception. Disgusting. They may be something, but they are not pro life.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This is fucking disgusting. That case of the 11 year old is fucking disgusting. Being raped is traumatic enough but then having to have having to carry this permanent reminder for almost a year to full term, to give it up to the state who will treat it like shit, not even encountering any medical problems for the child or mother during the Pregancy. it's hypocrisy. people only care about the baby in its first nine months, they don't care about the child after birth, and they give 0 shits of the mother from the moment of conception. Disgusting. They may be something, but they are not pro life.
    Welcome to the hypocrisy of the "pro-life" movement. I would like to think most people call them what they actually are, anti-choice.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    So those who are raped...?
    Why does it always go to that? I never once said that abortion SHOULD be illegal. If you actually read my statements, I am clearly talking about abortion post sexual choice. I just think there should possibly be much more weight put on the choices to engage sexually, and after that choice has been made the decision should also not be a simple one to decide to just abort. Abortion should not be a carefree solution to the pregnancy that arises from consensual sex.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

  4. #124
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I just think there should possibly be much more weight put on the choices to engage sexually
    Convenient how you want to put that weight only on women.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  5. #125
    Pandaren Monk Tabrotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Where my books are
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Attention men -- if the thought of an abortion disgusts you. Make a change. Have a vasectomy and stop it before it happens.
    Sadly even that is not 100% save, same for ANY method for preventing a pregnancy.

    So even IF you take precaution you still can get fucked up.

  6. #126
    good for alabama hopefully when the tides turn and richard spencer is in the white house ordering abortion based on someones genetics people will turn around on the issue

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Do you have numbers?

    I grow weary of people who want a thesis to dismiss a stupid point. Either defend your position or don't... and no searching the world for the most restrictive countries isn't a strong position.
    Yes, I have. At least for ectopic pregnancies, which is somewhere between 1 and 2%: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectopic_pregnancy

    Rate of miscarriage: 50-70% for a fertilized egg; 10-15% after an average woman knows she's pregnant
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322634.php

    Risk of stillbirth (which is anywhere after 20 weeks) is around 1%, but not all of them are potentially lethal.
    Last edited by Lylandra; 2019-05-11 at 10:20 PM.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Sadly even that is not 100% save, same for ANY method for preventing a pregnancy.

    So even IF you take precaution you still can get fucked up.
    99.999% is pretty darn close.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    What the fuck? How can people support this? Also 6 weeks, wtf? Unless you're actively tring to have a child you wouldn't even notice it by then.
    Actually, there's a great many symptoms you can develop in early weeks of pregnancy. Most obvious one, being late on your period. There's nausea, especially in the morning; swollen or tender breasts; mood swings; change of taste perception; headaches and dizzyness; mood swings; frequent urge to urinate; and weird cravings for food.

    I agree withyou though that this law is atrocious.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    99.999% is pretty darn close.
    It's not that close either. It's still pretty safe, though. If you want to be as safe as you can be, use several methods.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Attention men -- if the thought of an abortion disgusts you. Make a change. Have a vasectomy and stop it before it happens.
    For women, get your fallopian tubes completely removed (ovaries remain). Pregnancy won’t be possible unless you get treatment.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  11. #131
    Republican lawmakers sending their mistresses in convoys to neighboring states to take care of their oops' is going to be funny.

  12. #132
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,736
    why the f8ck is abortion still illegal ? why the f8ck seriously those 'pro-life' who don't give a single f8ck about a baby after it is born just want to keep it alive against their own mother/father will ?
    flash news earth is near limit and is seriously way over populated, if they care about life so much why don't they stop their military who did the most war crimes in recent history ? where is their 'pro-life' love for Iraqians who they f8cked their country in name of 'mass destruction weapons' that are still not found after 18 years ? 'oops we f8cked ur everything, nvm'
    tbh it really seems they are against woman have some freedom than to actually care about a life
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Don't do this, medical advice. Simply don't. You don't need a surgical intervention that requires another surgical intervention to undo when you can use a condom, or contraceptives if your significant other is OK with them and tolerates them well.

    Surgical interventions, even of the smaller scale, are supposed to be a last resort in medicine. If you want to see what will be done to your inner reproductive system workings, google it, watch a video, and if you still want it done, good for you, who am I to stop you.

    Also:


    Do understand what you're getting into.
    Oh I understand that you shouldn't have to do it unless you want to. It's a decision that should be left up to the man himself. Just like abortion is completely up to the woman to decide what she wants to do. The point of the post was to make it a point that if you're a man you can make the decision to have a vasectomy if you don't want women to have an abortion. You don't get to blame women for unwanted pregnancy when there is something you can do about it.

    And for the record I was told I was sterile at a younger age and I still went ahead and had a vasectomy anyways.

    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  14. #134
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Actually, there's a great many symptoms you can develop in early weeks of pregnancy. Most obvious one, being late on your period. There's nausea, especially in the morning; swollen or tender breasts; mood swings; change of taste perception; headaches and dizzyness; mood swings; frequent urge to urinate; and weird cravings for food.
    all those symptoms refer to either late after 6 weeks by ages or can be unrelated to pregnancy in first place, in fact u can spend years not even getting period (yes u read it correct, YEARS) if u are hard vegan for example due to lack of essential vitamins in ur diet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #135
    Stood in the Fire Heran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Patong
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Don't do this, medical advice. Simply don't. You don't need a surgical intervention that requires another surgical intervention to undo when you can use a condom, or contraceptives if your significant other is OK with them and tolerates them well.

    Surgical interventions, even of the smaller scale, are supposed to be a last resort in medicine. If you want to see what will be done to your inner reproductive system workings, google it, watch a video, and if you still want it done, good for you, who am I to stop you.

    Also:


    Do understand what you're getting into.
    Contraceptives are no guarantee to not get pregnant. I am pregnant due to it failing.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    all those symptoms refer to either late after 6 weeks by ages or can be unrelated to pregnancy in first place, in fact u can spend years not even getting period (yes u read it correct, YEARS) if u are hard vegan for example due to lack of essential vitamins in ur diet
    you can also have other conditions like PCO, Hashimoto or just obesity or anorexia and have your period with rather strange patterns. I've had times when I didn't get one for 3-4 months.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    you can also have other conditions like PCO, Hashimoto or just obesity or anorexia and have your period with rather strange patterns. I've had times when I didn't get one for 3-4 months.
    Women can have irregular periods for many reasons. I have met young women who temporarily lost their periods due to athletic training. That's a very common phenomenon.

    What Skulltaker describes on the previous page are symptoms of pregnancy related to the first trimester, taken directly out of a medical textbook. You'd have trouble finding a woman that's six weeks pregnant with any of the conditions he listed. Perhaps some mild nausea, but changes in taste? C'mon.

  18. #138
    Stood in the Fire Heran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Patong
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Sorry to hear. It's quite rare though. Very rare.

    This seems a good opportunity to respond to the Fallopian tube stuff I missed.

    Don't do that either, unless in a situation like having 3 kids already and very sure you don't want another, and you like having people operate on your body. Should go without saying that the anatomical peculiarities of the female body means the intervention is quite a bit more invasive than the vasectomy.

    There are PLENTY of alternatives. Chemical, physical, pills, patches, diaphragms, injections, implants and it's still not a full list.

    Again, surgical intervention is always the last resort when all else failed and is not effective.

    Kinda weird people embrace surgery like this. I cringe at the thought of allowing anyone with a scalpel near me, even if they're medics, even if I went to univ with them.
    Sorry to hear? It's not a disaster to get pregnant. Very soon we'll get to see our daughter. My boyfriend is more excited than I am, I'm worried about giving birth but I'm still happy about it.

    No, it's not very rare. Typical use is like 90% for pills, while not common it's not very rare either.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Sorry to hear? It's not a disaster to get pregnant. Very soon we'll get to see our daughter. My boyfriend is more excited than I am, I'm worried about giving birth but I'm still happy about it.
    You make the anesthesiologist your best friend. You should get their first name right at the start and ask for them directly throughout the procedure. There is absolutely NO shame in asking your drug delivery person to up the dose.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    You make the anesthesiologist your best friend. You should get their first name right at the start and ask for them directly throughout the procedure. There is absolutely NO shame in asking your drug delivery person to up the dose.
    I didn’t kiss their ass. They just did their job.

    If she gets an epidural, you won’t get the option to up the dose. It just gives you a constant dose of the medicine until after you deliver. It usually doesn’t have any problems but sometimes things go wrong and only half your side gets numb, which was the case with my second delivery.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •