Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was born in 1986 so I am a millennial, been working since I was 15, I am now 33. Most in my age range work our asses off.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Holy shit, I just realized by definition I'm right on the edge of being a millennial. I always thought I despised millennials (well, I do despise most people close to my age as well), but apparently I despise "post-millennials" even more. I always thought the trophy generation was millennials, but unless that came after I was already 18, I don't ever remember getting trophies if you didn't earn it.
    Well here is the thing, generations are generally a marketing tool that use particular attributes to appeal to a target market because yes - these attributes from generation to generation do exist. They do not, however, describe and individual.

Just for fun, you probably belong to the coolest generation ever. Yeah it is a snowflake split but it really is significant. If you are right at the top of the millennial generation you are the "oregon trail/xennial" generation that, aside from just being a crossover between x and y as you would kind of expect because we are not all born in one day, had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood. According to a forbes article I read a while ago the mid 30s group are the most technologically inclined currently because they got to grow up with the more bare metal UIs and GUIs before the ultra high level pnp ones that make everything so damned simple today. We were also the last to appreciate life without the internet, which gives you a particular perspective.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    ttttttriggered millennial!
    I was born in 1975... and I just wanted to comment that you're really coming off as an idiot.

As a generation ages it almost always complain about the young generation.

Baby boomers complain about Gen X, Gen X complains about Millennials, Millennials complain about ... it all continues.

If Millennials are so bad (IMO they aren't), the only possible reason is because the generation that raised them were REALLY SHITTY PARENTS.

We're also facing a kind of unique time where productivity is incredibly high, but income hasn't moved to match the productivity.

Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I'm an unemployed law student. I was always praised for my achievements, whether it were languages, participations in various events like MUN, being the top student in my municipality etc. Right now I can't bother finishing law school after 6 years despite having 1 course to pass left. 94 born, how millenial am I?
    Why do you not want to finish your course?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    BTW if Millennials are shitty shouldn't doesn't that mean the previous generation (baby boomers) were shitty parents?

LOL
    Boomers are millennial's grand-parents.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Cool story, bro.

I've always found it funny how much shit millennials get on this forum...comprised almost exclusively of millennials.
    Yeah my brothers fiance bitches about millennials all the time even though her and my brother are both millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Millennials are now adults. Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress. Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives? Can we trust Gen Z? Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things -- and that means having exalted notions. They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning -- all their mistakes are in the direction of doing things excessively and vehemently. They overdo everything -- they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
    -Aristotle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Millennials are now adults. Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress. Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives? Can we trust Gen Z? Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    So you fired some mellenials to hire some mellenials? Cos mellenials or gen y are between 21 and 38. And tbh if your aiming at the sjw type your target is the mid mellenials around 24 to 27, oldeleenials 30+ are the skater boys who are pritty apathetic about politics and most lean slightly to the right as is normal by that age.

But on the point of if they are irrelevent, yes they are more so than many other generations mostly due to external factors, the economy hasn't helped, and though we had a much larger voice thanks to tech than previous generations the small size and dividedness of the political active of our generation hasn't translated into voting power, in the end we had flakes of ultra progressive thought but it was mixed in the ultra Conservative thought and then sandwiched between two center right generations and gen z is shaping up to be right leaning in the majority according to studys.

So in the end of there was a summery of mellenials, the online war, the Street fighting and the trump presidency it would be.

What a much ado about nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im a millenial, i work a full time job, i pay my bills on time, i go shopping and stuff like that.

Why does my life suck? Am I blaming everyone else and the govt?

The OP is an idiot. That's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Not quite. Generations are like 15 - 20 year spans and child-rearing age is usually 20-ish years but also delayed 20-ish years (even more these days). I am a millennial and my parents are boomers (I am the youngest of five and all my brothers are Gen-Xers... though one is a millennial depending on who you ask). The accepted definition of Boomer is 1946 to 1964 ... which means people 55 to 73. If you were born in 1964 and had a kid when you were 40, for example, your kid would only be 15 right now... so not even a millennial!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The whole generational argument is mostly misplaced and based on misused and misunderstood stereotypes. No generation is a pure monolith - not every Millennial is an entitled hipster, not every Gen X'er is a slacking layabout, etc. etc. They run the gamut of personalities and types of people, and most of what unifies them is more cultural set-identity than personality traits held in common.

To put it succinctly, the Millennials are no more or less irrelevant than another generation before them - just like Gen X and the Boomers, they're going to have a pronounced effect on things for some time to come.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why do you not want to finish your course?
    I do want to finish it but I don't study enough. It's a very hard one and I've never given it all til now. This June it has to be dealt with.

- - - Updated - - -

My father is '56 born, isn't he a baby boomer? 94 born here.

The fact that the 22 years old new employees are also literally millenials makes your whole point look so nonsensical and stupid.

A boomer born in 1950 could have a child at 35 = 1985

Boomer with a millennial offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    what the hell are you talking about. Millennials are finally getting to the age where they are in charge now, and their reign is just starting, and once we get over this trump debacle, i think they are going to be the best generation the country has ever had.
    Statisticaly doubt full. We're the first generation to experience the magnification of voice the Internet gives us, but in reality most mellenials according to studys are politically apathetic and the left and right politically active are about normal for a generation at that age, the only anomaly that set us apart is the extreamness of the views held by those political active compared to the prior generation and for all the hype the political violance is actualy very tame compared to the 60s and 70s.

When we're sat in our 80s and look back on now, it will likly be with disappointment that in the end nothing much really changed.

That is not all true. Im a 33 years old millennials, my parents are 63-67 years old boomers.

Millenials are what, 18-38 now?
    Wikipedia says that Forbes identified Gen Z, the gen after millenials, as born in the mid 90s. 18 years old would be Gen Z, not Millennials. 1981 - 1996 is Millennial range. So 23 years old is the youngest Millennial now.

Of course, Millennials kept shifting definitions a bit. Growing up, I was firmly in Gen X, then told I wasn't and I was in Gen Y, then they scrapped that name entirely and changed it to Millennials, but the dates were a little after I was born, then the dates changed to ONE year after I was born, then included the year I was born, and last I saw some identify those born in the late 70s are Millennials as well (though most still mark '81 as the start date).

Now there's a subset within Millennials I've seen referred to as Xennials, which seem to be the 80s kids of the Millennial generation as they are the last ones born prior to the Internet as we now think of it.

These timelines are so confusing. X3

- - - Updated - - -

Per the latest guidelines:

The Silent Generation: Born 1928-1945 (73-90 years old)
    Baby Boomers: Born 1946-1964 (54-72 years old)
    Generation X: Born 1965-1980 (38-53 years old)
    Millennials: Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)
    Post-Millennials: Born 1997-Present (0-21 years old)

So some Boomers are the parents of millennials and some Boomers are the grandparents of Millennials. Just depends when groups had their kids.

My parents were born in 1950, so they're Baby Boomers.
    I was born in 1981, so I'm a Millennial (by 22 days, actually)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-05-10 at 05:19 PM.

Isnt Mark Zuckerberg a millenial?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Lol, OP ate his fiber, drank his lax and came to this forum and squeezed this topic out. There are scumbags of all ages. OP included. Worry about yourself and life will be peachy. Edit: Notice OP hasn't replied, as far as I can tell, to anyone.
    Last edited by Nattwenny; 2019-05-10 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I do want to finish it but I don't study enough. It's a very hard one and I've never given it all til now. This June it has to be dealt with.

- - - Updated - - -

My father is '56 born, isn't he a baby boomer? 94 born here.
    I mean if you've been at the top before you could just be dealing with the issues people who are more intelligent than average deal with. That being a crippling awareness of one's own shortcomings.