Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Statisticaly doubt full. We're the first generation to experience the magnification of voice the Internet gives us, but in reality most mellenials according to studys are politically apathetic and the left and right politically active are about normal for a generation at that age, the only anomaly that set us apart is the extreamness of the views held by those political active compared to the prior generation and for all the hype the political violance is actualy very tame compared to the 60s and 70s.

When we're sat in our 80s and look back on now, it will likly be with disappointment that in the end nothing much really changed.
    Lol you lost anyone even half way intelligent at "doubt full."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    22 year olds are also millennial
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Rather than becoming irrelevant we are moving towards the point where millennials become the dominant age range in the work force.
    Both of these are correct. OP just wanted to let his little rant go. He doesn't know a damn thing about any of the things he's saying, but that's probably the fault of Milennials too somehow.

Millennials are just coming into power, whether we're talking about the corporate world or government. Since politics is dominated by old coots, that will probably take another decade or two before it's majority Millennial. Either way, if one is this butthurt about that generation he is going to have a really bad time for many, many years.

Somehow in this case, that makes me smile.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I mean if you've been at the top before you could just be dealing with the issues people who are more intelligent than average deal with. That being a crippling awareness of one's own shortcomings.
    That's exactly the point of my post. Just an utter disappointment in self.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's.
    Millennials are those born from 1981 to 1996, which makes the earliest millennial age 37. So basically you're ranting about millennials being replaced by millennials.

Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives?
    That's simple to answer, the generation that comes after them. Just like every single generation that came before them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't for the day when all of the boomers are dead. Such worthless individuals and a pox on the planet. Except my grandma <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Full disclosure, I buy craft beer too
    What about avocado toast though?

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    What about avocado toast though?
    Lol. I have never had it! I do like some gauc though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Are you that old guy on his front lawn yelling and shaking his fist at the clouds?
    He's got balloons hooked up to his house
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

They'll be relevant until they're dead, like every generation.

I love how you're already shifting the goalpost over to "okay, surely this NEXT generation will ruin everything instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    Millennials are now adults. Their reign of terror is coming to an end. What have they achieved and who is to blame for their lack of progress. Who are Millennials going to blame next for their shitty lives? Can we trust Gen Z? Are they absolute losers like Millennials or do they actually have a plan for life that isn't "blame everyone else for their situation and scab off the government" tactic. Anecdotal evidence. We just fired a bunch of 30+ year old and replaced them with 22 year old's. Much better.
    Well Gramps, you gonna sit on that rocking chair and bitch about the new generations all day or what?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    My shitty life is pretty good, thanks for caring.
    Also you sound like the guy that hates on all wow expansions, just that it's generations instead of xpacs.

WTF even is this question? No? A whole generation of humans is not irrelevant.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hatred etc of a “generation” should be considered bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Boomers are millennial's grand-parents.
    Many Millennials have parents that are boomers. Generations are not reproductively linear, it's based on the time of a person's birth and their cultural and economic influences, not who births them.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    As an aside: Do people not think kids know the difference between first place and participation for as long as I can remember since the 90s... a participation trophy was a joke.

They were handing out those trophies starting in about the late 60s-70s.

Ramping up in the 80s and 90s, the nexus though was the 60s, which is before gen y.
    Guess it must have been a location thing. We definitely didn't get trophies simply for participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well here is the thing, generations are generally a marketing tool that use particular attributes to appeal to a target market because yes - these attributes from generation to generation do exist. They do not, however, describe and individual.

Just for fun, you probably belong to the coolest generation ever. Yeah it is a snowflake split but it really is significant. If you are right at the top of the millennial generation you are the "oregon trail/xennial" generation that, aside from just being a crossover between x and y as you would kind of expect because we are not all born in one day, had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood. According to a forbes article I read a while ago the mid 30s group are the most technologically inclined currently because they got to grow up with the more bare metal UIs and GUIs before the ultra high level pnp ones that make everything so damned simple today. We were also the last to appreciate life without the internet, which gives you a particular perspective.
    That is exactly how it was. I think that's why people don't understand what I mean when I say kids were not killing themselves in droves like they do now over test results, being picked on (wasn't called bullying until "recently"), etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

People really don't know what you mean when you say "kids these days", when you grew up in that sweet spot.

If you think Millenials are bad...

Wait until the weird Art-deco-noire-abstractionist generation appears. Imagine a whole population of people who can only communicate through songs and wage wars fought entirely in the format of freestyle rap battles.

We have left the BTTF timeline and entered the Bill & Ted one.

these kids are such a joke

Their reign of terror is coming to an end.
    Seeing how the baby boomers are still pissing in the pool of life it is safe to say any group alive can still cause a few splashes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    As far as blame goes yep, we're irrelevant now. Shame I wanted to see what age old tradition we were going to kill next. XD