Poll: Which is your favourite night elf group

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Illysanna was unfortunately imprisoned in the Vault of the Wardens shortly after the War of the Ancients, though - spending the next 10,000+ years in stasis. So she wouldn't have much story to tell.
    haha true to that

No one likes an elf, they stink

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan. Yep.

Order of Elune & Shen'dralar!

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Easily the Elunites, the WoW push to make the whole racial identity tied to Druidism instead of being a duality with it is what has led to Blizz taking the generic Woodelf trope.

Hmm, let me think...

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Because blood elves are not night elves...
    Technically, they are as much Night Elves as Nightborne. They both evolved/changed from Night Elves.

How about the plain old Darnassian male. Especially a Hunter and especially Beastmaster.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

You missed one category : Forum Elf is the one I encountered the most. They constantly spam threads where they either complain/ whine or they seek attention.

I saw a lot of forum elves spamming back in Legion period, and now it seems their numbers doubled.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2019-05-10 at 06:37 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I’m Horde and blood elf. You know which groups I’ll be cheering ,

Nightborne, Highborne and Illidari, they at least don’t hate the blood elves canonically. DHs are quite cool too
    why would you love the highborne for that, you don't even know if they love the blood elves. There are many high elves and other Thalassians who hate many of the blood elves, and they are highborne descendants, if they can hate the blood elves, what makes you think the highborne won't hate them either? THe shen'dralar had made a home with the Darnassians while working on repairing their city, and I doubt the Farondis would approve at all of the Sin'dorei slaughtering night elves in any of the encounters they met, especially in Teldrassil..

While we haven't heard of any highborne particularly hating sin'dorei - there would be at least some darnassian highborne who can't stand them, and would likely be much closer pals with high elves and void elves, and hate blood elves for Teldrassil, Azshara(zone) and Desolace (cata zone)

- - - Updated - - -

I would really like to see more of the Illidari Night Elves - especially those who followed in the path of Illidan around and after the War of the Ancients, but well before the modern Illidari came into being in Outland. Feronas Sindweller, Loramus Thalipedes, Telarius Voidstrider, and Altruis the Sufferer are examples of these specific Night Elven Demon Hunters. I would really like to know more about Telarius and the idea of the "Dark Embrace."
    Definitely, I would love to see more about them too.

Also the Moon Priestesses, too much of the sentinel side and the Warden/huntress sides have been shown, wthe only real exposure of the Moon Priestesses goes back to War of the Ancients Trilogy and they seemed quite interesting. I can only presume that that side continued, and just expanded when Tyrande set up the Sentinels and Wardens, but it's more of their lore we should have seen in Suramar and the Broken Shore CoEN/ToS - rather than the lore garnered from the encounter texts and the artwork of the city and its temple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Easily the Elunites, the WoW push to make the whole racial identity tied to Druidism instead of being a duality with it is what has led to Blizz taking the generic Woodelf trope.
    Agreeed. while I like all the groups, including the druids, I was irritated because the arcane side - which has both the highborne and priesthood is part of the great duality of the night elves and it's lore is not expanded on like the druids was.

I think this was partially because Druids, unlike priestes were exclusively a night elf thing, and so lore had to be built to extend to tauren and other races, where no such need was requird for priests, then when the Dranei came, they just slotted into the alliances default priest race, even though the lore had the night elven priesthood as its foremost order, not the druids, and were quite the priests as well.

I don't see why they can't develop the night elf priesthood, it is quite unique. An arcanised priesthood - it was priests studying the Well of eternity that led to the discovery of using arcane magic. I would imagine that the mage class is derived from the night elf priests.

Night elf priests we see do cast arcane spells, Elune the moon goddess has a lot of arcane stuff, I would even suspect that their healing is arcane based, and when they bless arcane waters this is when they are purified in sense, shining bright silver instead of dark purple - silver with blue/purple/yellow tinge to it, like most arcane spells in the most recently updated visuals look like.

The night elves were formed from the arcane, and have a strong natural affinity to it, they have an arcane essence, it is part and parcel of their make up along with their nature love. it is a duality - their skin is purple not green, hair colour has lots of purple, blues, pinks, silvers as well as greens. and their eyes don't glow green unless druidic like Malfurion, they glow the silver light of the arcane.

The priesthood and arcane orders were totally intertwined in the earlier civilization, yet we are still in the dark about the full nature of this.

I think night elf priests heal with the arcane (in addition to the light, and the arcane might be their principal method) - I really do, if the arcane can boost life, enhance intelligence, strength and stature, including improve resistances, and we know from the high elves/kirin'tor who's magecraft has many holes from the night elf civilization era, that conjuring food which nourishes you, as well as the arcane boosting life - furthermore the arcane is what is used to order life - then I think the night elven priesthood uses it to heal alongside the light.

I think the reason their spell casting perhaps is not part of the ban, is because its source is not the WEll of Eternity. Think Druids/Priests use the stars and moon to cast their lunar/stellar spells, and likely Elune for cleasning healing spells, - making sources other than the Well of Eternity their source, and as such their casting acutally isn't sorcery. Especially if the night elves defined sorcery as utilising the well of eternity - and it was that action that liit up Azeroth like a beacon in the twisting nether, and thus using that primarily or any Azeroth based arcane use is what was banned during the long vigil era.

- - - Updated - - -

Illysanna was unfortunately imprisoned in the Vault of the Wardens shortly after the War of the Ancients, though - spending the next 10,000+ years in stasis. So she wouldn't have much story to tell.
    I wonder if she will be written to survive the Black Rook Hold assault, especially since after defeating Ravencrest we break the demonic illusion over all of them. A lich-king free/sylvanas free faction of undead night elves quite dedicated to the night elf cause and defending kalimdor, is exactly the srot of thing the very depleted night elves need. It could really actually be a source of or a purpose for night elf DKs who at the moment are more tied to the lich King - I could see them rallying round Ravencrest instead.. That would give playing a DK night elf some real meaning.

Naked ones of course!

But nah, definetly Elunites. That's what night elves are all about.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised Goldshire Elves wasn't an option considering how many hang about there on certain servers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I wonder if she will be written to survive the Black Rook Hold assault, especially since after defeating Ravencrest we break the demonic illusion over all of them. A lich-king free/sylvanas free faction of undead night elves quite dedicated to the night elf cause and defending kalimdor, is exactly the srot of thing the very depleted night elves need. It could really actually be a source of or a purpose for night elf DKs who at the moment are more tied to the lich King - I could see them rallying round Ravencrest instead.. That would give playing a DK night elf some real meaning.
    It's possible, depending on common the notion of Demon Hunters having a demonic soul actually is. Varedis, Loramus, and the Slayer seem to have have it, so Illysanna might as well. She could have an interesting story waiting for her in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Of all the groups of night elves based on their lore and connected to them, which is your favourite
    The dead one!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Technically, they are as much Night Elves as Nightborne. They both evolved/changed from Night Elves.
    I would probably agree that Nightborne should not be included in this list. But they didn't evolve to the same extent that Blood Elves did. They are mostly just a separated civilization of Night Elves - kinda like Kul'Tiras and Stormwind for Humans (but for a much longer period haha.)

But if we are including evolutions, then I pick the Naga or the Satyrs
    Last edited by getupkid55; 2019-05-10 at 07:50 PM.

a recent group that has arisen, first in Legion Expansion, raised by the Legion to destroy the efforts of the heroes of Azeroth, the deception was broken when a highly specialized team of leaders of the Order Halls entered the Rook to foil the Legion's plans. After he was defeated, Lord Ravencrests deception was lifted, he then aided the effort against the Legion. However it is unclear whether the deception was lifted throughout the entire Hold or just those inside the Keep.
    The deception is lifted from ALL of them, the demon that was casting the spell is slain, and the illusion was first broken over Ravencrest when we defeat him, he helps us slay the demon, once the demon is slain, nothing is upholding the illusion on them anymjore, they'd come to their right sense.

It would have been epic to see them in a final night elven ground push against the legion in 7.2, before launching into Argus, blizzard really did the night elves an injustice by not wrapping things upw ith them

They really seemed to drop the ball on them after all that really good planning and characterisation in 7.0 - apparently they had entire questlines for Tyrande on the broken shore, and the original version of 7.1 was different - Tyrande had a separate role, and it was Vereesa doing the alliance quest thing. It was changed to make nightborne go horde and to give the class orders more of presence in the story in 7.2 over the night elves

My biggest puzzlement was why they couldn't do both.. you could have had the class orders playing a role and the night elves heavily involved with them. I also didn't like how they handled the nightborne going horde, they could have had half of them go neutral or turning to kaldorei from the arcan'dor and being on the alliance as night elves, while the other half choose the horde and needing the sunwell hence keeping their nightborne form, and the horde get the nightbonre, while the alliance still have night elves just that some of those night elves are restored nightborne - they could even have added arcane runes as a skin option for night elves to reflect those who join up with them or wanna play as a night elf from nightborne stock and even used that to revitalise the highborne night elves as visually distinct group - night elf skins with different stance, arcane runes and nightborne hairstyles could be just skin options on night or a look that isn't playable for them - it would still be model distinct from the nightborne in their original form.

i like em extra crispy with some hot sauce, or smoked with some cajun dryrub

Warcraft 3 Night Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

nightborne aren't night elves. they're a new race of elves, just like thalassian elves are.

but the illidari are probably my favorite, due to the practicality they embody. the highborne are cool too, but too full of their selves.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Warcraft 3 Night Elves.
    Ooooh snap!

So basically my vote. Druids, Order of Elune, and Illidari.