Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Will there be a WoW token?

Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Will there be a WoW token? Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount. Have they stated yet if the token will be in the game?
    No token, it would inflate the prices of everything.

I think they said there won't be a token but im to lazy to look for a source

you can buy it on retail though and get a sub from there

dont mind the gold sellers they were a thing back then and will be today

Blizzard has better tools to deal with gold sellers than they did in vanilla, and yes there will still be a lot of them lol. WoW token would never be a thing, it would undermine too much of the core mechanics of vanilla WoW gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The token doesn’t create gold, just reallocates it. It wouldn’t cause inflation. Order hall missions that create thousands of gold worth of rewards per day creates inflation.

Of course there's a token since classic is tied to a regular subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course there's a token since classic is tied to a regular subscription.
    That requires you have Retail-Gold and has 0 influence on Classic.

The post is about being able to basically buy Gold in Classic.

There won't be a token and that's a good thing. The WoW token was alright in WoD and Legion, but now in BfA almost any way of farming gold has been completely nerfed (and crafting is totally useless). Basically most players are poorer than ever, while everyone else that has a group of friends can sell m+ boosts for a wow token, generating insane amounts of gold.

I don't think there's gonna be an "insane... like I mean an insane" amount of gold sellers anyways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably. People will still buy gold, so it's an option of either a) buying a token from Blizzard (via a safe format) or b) risking your account with Chinese farmers, bots, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    I think they said there won't be a token but im to lazy to look for a source

you can buy it on retail though and get a sub from there

dont mind the gold sellers they were a thing back then and will be today
    A Classic player shouldn't be forced to play on the retail version of the game for a token.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    That requires you have Retail-Gold and has 0 influence on Classic.

The post is about being able to basically buy Gold in Classic.
    The price will be different, obviously, but you have to be quite quixotic to assume they will leave the field to 3rd party gold sellers again.

The price will be different, obviously, but you have to be quite quixotic to assume they will leave the field to 3rd party gold sellers again.
    They would literally kill classic by introducing the WoW token there, how this isnt immediately apparent to you people is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    They would literally kill classic by introducing the WoW token there, how this isnt immediately apparent to you people is mind boggling.
    Enjoy your ded gaem then.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    The token doesn’t create gold, just reallocates it. It wouldn’t cause inflation. Order hall missions that create thousands of gold worth of rewards per day creates inflation.
    The token does actually create gold, it already did the second it launched (35000 gold). The supply/demand however does have an effect on its value (we don't even know that for sure, Blizzard could just set the value to whatever they want).

It's not that in the case of nobody buying tokens with gold that suddenly for 20€ you'd get 0 gold.

Your premise has no basis.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Your premise has no basis.
    So blizzard is going to go as far as adding back 1 hour in game mail timers to re-create the vanilla experience but you legitimately believe they would willy nilly add the WoW token that massively changes the core fundamental gameplay?

You guys type before you think, thats the problem with forums lol.

Obviously not.

Or will there just be completely insane amount of gold sellers... like I mean an insane amount.
    The same amount as retail wow right now, there is no difference.

So blizzard is going to go as far as adding back 1 hour in game mail timers to re-create the vanilla experience but you legitimately believe they would willy nilly add the WoW token that massively changes the core fundamental gameplay?

People will be buying gold. Fact. 3rd Parties compromise the game. Fact. Blizz won't let this happen again after experiencing all the problems this caused in the past. Fact.

You're VERY naive if you think they will take these risks again. Your posts here are as irrational as your threads.

So blizzard is going to go as far as adding back 1 hour in game mail timers to re-create the vanilla experience but you legitimately believe they would willy nilly add the WoW token the massively changes the core fundamental gameplay?

Enlighten me! You have an option of buying gold (via a safe format) from a Blizzard exchange, or you have the option of buying gold from gold farmers using bots, etc. Honestly, before trading insults, you should think before you type.

People will be buying gold. Fact. 3rd Parties compromise the game. Fact. Blizz won't let this happen again after experiencing all the problems this caused in the past. Fact.

You're VERY naive if you think they will take these risks again. Your posts here are as irrational as your threads.
    Again, you are another person who types before they think.

Lets imagine a scenario where blizzard does decide to add a WoW token for acquiring in game currency for irl dollars. What do you think social media/youtube would look like the next day? The amount of subscribers blizzard would lose the NEXT DAY from content creators telling their followers to quit classic and go back to private servers would literally kill classic.

You type before you think, next time take a bit of time before you reply....this goes for all of you.