Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sadly, Caden had confirmed no token before he was let go.
    I think that's a HUGE miss for Classic, as its obvious that gold selling and RMT is massively prevalent in Classic like environments.

Its not going to stop people from buying gold, and now your whole account may get banned for doing it instead of some throw away from Private server days.

Sad that its this way, but I hope they end up having made the right choice here.
    Seems hard to believe that a token could be anything but a good thing for WoW, but I suppose the main concern is how the currency would translate between products.
    Not really a good thing if you dumped your millions in BFA into tons of gold in Classic. (Is that even possible?)

I suppose it would have to be an entirely separate thing.
    Co-Owner of ONEAzerothTV - Guides, Tanking, Blood DK Soloing Mythic+ and other discussions about all things in Battle for Azeroth
    ONElegionTV
    Co-Owner of TubeistTV - Offering Free Youtube Consultation from Youtube Certified 12+ Years of Combined Knowledge
    TubeistTV

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    No token in Classic confirmed, close thread then?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3b423uqrdo#dialog
    As i said it was obvious they would not be implementing a WoW token.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Sadly, Caden had confirmed no token before he was let go.
    I think that's a HUGE miss for Classic, as its obvious that gold selling and RMT is massively prevalent in Classic like environments.

Its not going to stop people from buying gold, and now your whole account may get banned for doing it instead of some throw away from Private server days.

Sad that its this way, but I hope they end up having made the right choice here.
    Seems hard to believe that a token could be anything but a good thing for WoW, but I suppose the main concern is how the currency would translate between products.
    Not really a good thing if you dumped your millions in BFA into tons of gold in Classic. (Is that even possible?)

I suppose it would have to be an entirely separate thing.
    buying gold without the fear of potentially getting banned(which will scare most) would be really bad for classic.. in Classic the whole purpose is to go out and do stuff.. farming gold and do professions is one of the main reasons to actually go out in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Here you are wrong: WoW-Token does NOT work this way! It can actually create or remove gold from the system; and especially in vanilla that's much of an issue:

For example: You Buy a WoW-Token and decide to sell it. The system pays you 100 gold for it. Now nobody is selling it, the price goes down. Then at 70 gold somebody buys tokens. With this, the system actually created 30 gold. This is much in vanilla. Maybe 1 transaction might not break the economy, but think what happen if this happens to around 10.000 tokens. Also tokens are cross-realm-feature. Because of this, one realm could actually drain the gold of the other realms, causing there a big inflation to happen.

Nope, WoW-Tokens are a retail-feature; because it would destroy the economy in classic.
    And it can also remove gold through the reverse of what you just described. Overall, it more or less serves to just reallocate gold, with small amounts being added or subtracted on an individual transaction level. To scale up your own example of 100 gold, it would be the same as the price changing 30-40k in a day on live serves. Day-by-day variation is on the order of 5%, and monthly is around 10%. Only time you see major changes is an expansion release or the expansion of what the token can buy (like when they made it generic bnet balance instead of just game time).

This isn't to say that WoW tokens are a good idea however, there are many reasons why it would harm Classic WoW.
    Last edited by GothamCity; 2019-05-14 at 10:39 PM.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

Oh well... it's time to eat crow.

Price will be inflatted

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I was part of it, I was in Deus Vox world top 5 guild for AQ40 and Naxx. There was atleast 20 gold buyers in the guild, we had no one get banned for buying gold, at one point we had 2 gold farmers in the guild that we would take to BWL so we got a discount on purchases and got mats at discounted rates. We joint tested Naxx with Vodka and they had just about as many RL money buyers. There were 4 or 5 of us in DV that played the AH very well. I was able to get max gold on multiple characters and farming as a warlock was a joke when I was bored. Go to Dire Maul elemental side and fear/banish juggle mobs until they die. Collect books and reset. I would get 250-1000g an hour depending on drops(get a Quel book or some other BOE epic and you were set), If I went with a hunter friend we could do it significantly faster. The other farm I would do was solo run BRD to get the enchant pieces and sell enchant or for BOE from the fire elemental. You still are wrongly calling it pay to win as it is not providing an unobtainable advantage to someone through money.

I have a huge list of things we did to make money and it was easy. I made 1000's off of summoning people to get their MC attunement done. 25-50g a pop and it was a joke to do. Once you got in there you could just have someone go to IF and spam selling attunement runs, get gold, invite to party and summon in. I once did 125 in an hour.
    So you do confirm how power was in the gold itself. You had 20 buyers (at least who played smart and had a good source) who probably would not be able to keep raiding on that level if it werent for buying gold (not the skill, just gold = extra time farming) with that roster due to extra time needed. I do know plenty of "tricks" for farming as I never ever had issue with gold or having all possible consumables to raid 5-6 days per week, but thats bit off the offtopic.
    Currently it will be harder to get to buy gold as it was in the past, but loop holes like one of the examples (dedicated farmers) will still be in place. The thing is - your guildies and guild itself were taking that shortcut to be able to compete for world firsts and Token itself is wide range. Back then there have been people being scared of buying gold too. Having Token would have general negative attitude where you have been so dependant on gold (go for them world firsts when you strugle to get gold for repairs and all the consumables). My guild cleared everything as well (with Naxx being bit later - November from what I recall) but there was less stress to have that exact fixed roster to raid on even higher level (server 1sts were enough). Token is a short-cut (just as buying gold back then - and encourages general gold purchases) and you know it and for lower end players it is item of power ("yey gonna buy for my bought gold with IRL money a carry run in Naxx with Deus Vox and get myself a sweet few peaces of gear and that Urn from KT to show others I cleared it and have phat epix to destroy others!") - for high end guilds it is a different bracket already. So for you it is not, for average joe - it is.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2019-05-15 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if they were that easy to spot, why blizz didn't ban them then ?
    Dunno, honestly. Maybe they just couldn't do it without evidence? Weird name and class wasn't enough. Who could guess - have is this a bot or a real person?

30 more minutes until the beta servers are expected to be opened

IMHO they gonna implement some features from the real world (in the next few years).
    Maybe even something like smartphones or things that will do the same things like smartphones do?..

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So blizzard is going to go as far as adding back 1 hour in game mail timers to re-create the vanilla experience but you legitimately believe they would willy nilly add the WoW token that massively changes the core fundamental gameplay?

You guys type before you think, thats the problem with forums lol.
    How did it change the core fundamental gameplay?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a token on Classic, just another way to spend my gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Stood in the Fire
    I dont get it.. its still 1 subscription? i can still use my BFA gold to get token to play classic am i correct??
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I dont get it.. its still 1 subscription? i can still use my BFA gold to get token to play classic am i correct??
    Yes, If you transfer your WoW gold in BFA for game time and renew your subscription you can continue playing as Classic is tied to your BFA subscription. If you stop paying for BFA, you can't play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    Ofc you can, and that's the reason why i don't understand this thread xD

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Ofc you can, and that's the reason why i don't understand this thread xD
    Do you think every Classic player will play BfA just because they have subscription to it or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Do you think every Classic player will play BfA just because they have subscription to it or something?
    No, i think that if you dont bother to play BFA for the token like for example me, you just pay for the sub, seems simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    No, i think that if you dont bother to play BFA for the token like for example me, you just pay for the sub, seems simple to me.
    Or they can also add an option to pay for sub with Classic gold. Shocking concept, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Or they can also add an option to pay for sub with Classic gold. Shocking concept, I know.
    It is pretty shocking tbh, anything i might find in the game that wasnt there untill the last day of its cycle will be pretty shocking.

No. What is wrong with you.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Waiting for WC3 Reforged. For the Horde.

it kinda sucks that there wont be a WoW token system on classic so with that being said how is blizzard gonna deal with 3rd party gold sellers isn't against the ToS if so why dont they just incorporate a balanced gold token system for classic isnt that hard all just set the max value of the token to 10 gold and a limit on how many you can buy.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2019-05-15 at 05:57 PM.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396