Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is the point of raiding?

What exactly is the point in raiding when you have m+ ?! Unless of course you're precisely interested in the raiding experience.

If you play a class that can tank or heal, you can just spam m+ as either role, and get geared much faster and easier than by wiping in a raid for 4 hrs and not getting anything.

If your main spec is dps, and you're not interested in cutting edge content, but just some pvp on the side, then raiding is literally a waste of time for you. Just get a weapon for your tank/healer offspec, and jump into m+. Later on, you can even keep a 2nd set of gear in your inventory, to switch to.

In 4 hrs you can chain 5-6 m+ because you get groups almost instantly as tank/ healer, and no one cares about your rio score either.

...to actually play the game and experience the content?

Seems like you're only interested in shiny purplez and staring at iLvls on your gear.

Where the hell are you looking for people who don't care about IO for a tank or healer. Yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    If you play a class that can tank or heal, you can just spam m+ as either role, and get geared much faster and easier than by wiping in a raid for 4 hrs and not getting anything.

In 4 hrs you can chain 5-6 m+ because you get groups almost instantly as tank/ healer, and no one cares about your rio score either.
    Seems like you're sole concern is gearing or boosting your r.io score, so I'm guessing there's not much point in explaining how different content may appeal to different people.

Why play WoW in the first place, right?
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

to overcome a challenge?

No wonder your life is miserable if your just playing WoW to get the shiniest stick for the least amount of effort.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

What exactly is the point in gaming when you have real life ?! Unless of course you're precisely interested in the gaming experience.

The issue of having multiple types of (similiar) content that have same / similiar rewards, people choose the path of least resistance, thus the other paths are pushed aside.

I like M+ as a system, but its reward structure is just bad, you get far too much loot in a short amount of time.

Also, you're literally just hunting for the same items with an higher Ilvl every season, unless your stat priority changes.

Be a caster who wants to stack Mastery? I hope you like Waycrest Manor!
    Want to get some new Azerite pieces? Better save Residuum for 10 Weeks in order to buy the same piece in a higher Ilvl or try your luck at the Azerite lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue of having multiple types of (similiar) content that have same / similiar rewards, people choose the path of least resistance, thus the other paths are pushed aside.

I like M+ as a system, but its reward structure is just bad, you get far too much loot in a short amount of time.

Also, you're literally just hunting for the same items with an higher Ilvl every season, unless your stat priority changes.

Be a caster who wants to stack Mastery? I hope you like Waycrest Manor!
    Want to get some new Azerite pieces? Better save Residuum for 10 Weeks in order to buy the same piece in a higher Ilvl or try your luck at the Azerite lottery.
    Dude, the vast majority of players in an MMO play PVE to get gear to use in PVP. It's not about the item level or min-maxing shit, but about how hard you hit the other mofo in pvp.

In TBC, pvp gear was better for pvp than pve gear, but starting with WOTLK, that changed entirely.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-08-10 at 04:26 PM.

Why do people climb mountains when there are climbing walls at your local YMCA?

Why do people run marathons when there are perfectly good treadmills at the gym?

What exactly is the point in raiding when you have m+ ?! Unless of course you're precisely interested in the raiding experience.

If your main spec is dps, and you're not interested in cutting edge content, but just some pvp on the side, then raiding is literally a waste of time for you. Just get a weapon for your tank/healer offspec, and jump into m+. Later on, you can even keep a 2nd set of gear in your inventory, to switch to.

Experiencing and enjoying (depending on difficulty, can be very hard) large group content. It was never specifically about getting the gear, gear, gear but about completing the content. Gear is a tool that always came on it's own by just doing the content. That's also the difference between a progression oriented player and a loot whore. Guess which do respectable guilsa prefer.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Because it's fun, a concept that seems foreign to people in gaming overall today.

If you're a pugger and don't raid mythic, then yes, you're right, raiding has no point. At least EP has some decent trinkets in comparison to previous raids this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No wonder your life is miserable if your just playing WoW to get the shiniest stick for the least amount of effort.
    It's quite naive to think majority of playerbase doesn't do exactly that, chase the best shiny they can get with minimal effort. And it's not just in wow, all the "looter shooters" and arpgs are about the same thing, namely, loot. Very small amount of games provide "fun" that isn't just another spin of a skinner box.

Dude, the vast majority of players in an MMO play PVE to get gear to use in PVP. It's not about the item level or min-maxing shit, but about how hard you hit the other mofo in pvp.

In TBC, pvp gear was better for pvp than pve gear, but starting with WOTLK, that changed entirely.
    Lol, i knew you were that type.

But i will answer both your posts.

WoW is a 2000s generation Western MMORPG, this means, reachable max level and the end goal is to kill the big bad boss of the storyline, aka through raiding, Western MMORPG design = Max level Raiding, rest irrelevant.

Eastern MMORPG of the 2000s generation were all about "Spend an insane amount of time leveling and grinding for +1 to "PvP", aka whoever played the most, won by default, Eastern MMORPG design = Leveling/grinding with no apparent/actual end game apart from as i said before, "PvP" through "Better gear always wins".

So raiding, is basically WoW itself, just because they added 200 different things over 15 years to keep people subbed to do pointless shit for them to make money, thats good business.

People dont PvE to PvP, no one gave a fuck the first 4-5 (EU) months about PvP until they added the honor system, dueling outside Ironforge/Orgrimmar as max levels until you finished your group creation to go PvE was more entertaining than chasing random people around a map.

And the same reason why Instanced PvP >Open World, who the fuck wants to 1v5 constantly and waste their life?

Only people that get some sort of gratification that Grinding = Skill because your playing of 15h a day > someone playing 2h a week makes you somehow feel superior.

I know this cause i had many friends like this when we were playing in Vanilla , and a couple of them havent changed their mentality.

They dont remember the 1 shots from the opposite Rank 14 mages/Warriors, they remember the random Ambush 1 shot on some poor just dinged 60 Mage, etc, because a Rank 13/14 Rogue,1 shotting a just leveled mage, 1.5 years into Vanilla, is "Skill".
    Last edited by potis; 2019-08-10 at 04:42 PM.

I find it fun...

Even by MMO-C standards, this thread is pretty pointless.

It's the equivalent of yelling at a Wal-Mart full of shoppers, "HEY GUYS WHY ARE YOU HERE WHEN YOU COULD BE AT HOME ORDERING EVERYTHING OFF AMAZON?!?"

Dude, the vast majority of players in an MMO play PVE to get gear to use in PVP.
    No, the vast majority stay as far away from this broken and laughable thing called "PvP" as they can.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

This is pretty low effort trolling.

People do raids cause they enjoy them and find challenge in them. Doesn't matter if you're a normal, heroic or mythic raider. You do it cause you like downing bosses with your mates.

Yes, I enjoy gearing my character up. Is it faster/easier in M+? No, not really. Sure you can "spam" m+ but you usually get garbage you don't want or just nothing at all. Mythic+ is trash for gearing up unless you do like 20 a day. People who tout the BS about mythic being loot pinata are usually not doing it at all themselves.

No one cares about pvp mate, I hope you're not serious

OP, did you sign up here just to post dumb shit?

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good example why M+ has ruined wow. The game should've stayed revolving around raiding, not M+. Clearly M+ is too lucrative a route to gear.

I'm confused as to why did you answer your own question. You said it so, raiding experience, not to mention items exclusive from the raid, be it gear or cosmetics. It's the same as any other content in the game nowadays, you do it cause you want to. You don't have to touch pet battles, PvP, expeditions and such if they don't cater to you.