View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Judging from the comments; empathy is an American only emotion.

These people would rather others starve than tip a few bucks. Just to “fight the man”. Ignoring that anyone who’s “the man” isn’t waiting or delivering crap
    We pay liveable wage in the nordics so you don't have to tip. Maybe you should be trying to do same in the US. It should be the responsibility of employee and not the customer.Also what a laughable idea to suggest you have empathy there. Why do lot of children die due to not having access to healthcare. Doesn't happen in here.

These people would rather others starve than tip a few bucks. Just to “fight the man”. Ignoring that anyone who’s “the man” isn’t waiting or delivering crap
    No way..

By protecting the tipping system, all you do, is help the employer keep slaves (employees) at an unhealthy pay level.

When employees AND customers raise up against the employers, you can have something good. And the customer won't even have to pay more, because when the price go up, the tip goes away..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-05-11 at 02:08 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    The US is about the only country that tips. Most 1st world nations don't have labor pay subsidized by customers.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way..

By protecting the tipping system, all you do, is help the employer keep slaves (employees) at an unhealthy pay level.
    Lol. That’s right. You not tipping or me not tipping is totally showing the man who’s boss. Get real man

In America we have bills to pay and if we don’t tip they don’t eat. If they don’t eat, that usually means my next meal from X location is getting something horrible done to it pre delivery. And I’d deserve it for not tipping.

It’s customary in America and until that changes I’m stuck within the system. Not tipping isn’t fighting the system; it’s just sticking it to your delivery driver or waiter

I only order pizza if there's a carryout deal. Seems ridiculous to pay 3 times the cost just to have it driven the <5min from the store to my home.

Tips here in Norway is basicly dead. Specially waiters, some cant even accept it anymore.

But tipping delivery drivers is something most people do, I think. Depending on how long it took from order to delivery.
    I'm usually tipping 100NOK if im safisfied, (roughly 11 dollars) because I know they put it in their pocket and dont even tell their bosses, which I think is perfectly ok since.
    Taxes on tips are just plain dumb.

There's a reason why the Nordic countries are voted the best countries in the world OVER and OVER and OVER :P.
    It's not because we lack anything, I can assure you of that! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Sue them for violating health regulations if they fuck with your food
    you can't prove any of it. It's not like i have a camera in their kitchen to catch them spitting or jizzing in your food, and it does happen to notoriously bad tippers. They even make jokes about it in comedy films, it's a running gag for a reason

There are certain things we all have to put up with in whatever country we're in that we aren't happy about. Every country has flaws, and one of America's is that money rules. doesn't mean i like it, but this is the system we have and the tipping system has been built over generations so it isn't as easy as just snapping your fingers and creating change based on what other countries do.

Put yourself in their shoes just once and come back with that logic.

Find a job that doesn't rely on tips.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Since tips are mandatory in this system, pay level is just fine because employees will be paid anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    There's a reason why the Nordic countries are voted the best countries in the world OVER and OVER and OVER :P.
    It's not because we lack anything, I can assure you of that! <3
    You lack military strength :P

Look i wasn't trying to come down on the Nordic countries or europe or anywhere. I was just saying i'm stuck with the system i have and will tip because it's how it works in america.

It isn't like i'm claiming its great, cuz its not and i'm honestly envious of europe about this issue (and others) but then again, America does have certain things that Europe doesn't either.

There's pro's and con's all around for each and every country

Yeah they don’t get it. They are either too young or too entitled. They lack real world experience. In America you tip because it’s how the wait staff eats. I hate the law but it’s IMMORAL to not tip them because of fighting the man. If they were the man, they wouldn’t be waiting tables
    It's not a law in any way, shape, form or fashion

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the comments negative are from non Americans. As an American and someone who’s first job was waiting; the system sucks and needs to be rebuilt.

It shouldn’t be legal to pay under minmum wage under any circumstances

Yet all you are doing is perpetuating it by saying this is how it must be. If people stopped tipping something will change.

I just don't order delivery and pick it up myself. Saves the money from delivery charge and tip and usually gets the food to you faster anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    Or you know, maybe the person live in a country that doesnt rely on tip?

Would you tip even if there was already delivery fee? Kinda conflicted on this.

Also do delivery drivers run up to your appartment or just tell you to come downstairs and get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Find a job that doesn't rely on tips.

Problem solved.
    Ok, we found our winner for "lack of empathy" award. It isn't always so easy out there in the world, and while it's obvious your entitlement is showing; others don't have it as easy as you and i.

Others have to work 40-60 hours a week JUST TO PAY THE BILLS, and that doesn't even include kid costs etc.

It isn't easy in america if you haven't made it yet, and the best thing anyone in the world could do is come experience poverty in america for a few weeks to gain perspective.

it isn't as easy as just "finding new jobs" in some places, and you have to feed your kids somehow. Beggars can't be choosers. You cans it there on your high horse and judge their life decisions or past choices; but that doesn't change a single damn thing of the situation except you just come off more tone deaf and entitled.

The Patient
    I only round up or if it's a bit larger order I might round up and add a pound. In the UK tipping is not a thing at all like it is in the US, it's not expected and just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's not a law in any way, shape, form or fashion

- - - Updated - - -

Yet all you are doing is perpetuating it by saying this is how it must be. If people stopped tipping something will change.
    Actually, it IS the law that they can get around paying minimum wages due to tips. It's so corrupt that it's nonsense.

I'm not sticking up for the system, and if i could change it tomorrow i would. believe me, i've waited tables for tips and it's horrible. I'm not saying "This is how it has to be" i'm just saying "this is how it is TODAY" and until it changes i'll operate within the system; because to do otherwise isn't hurting "the man" it's just hurting the hard working people at the bottom deliverying/waiting.

The system CAN and needs to change, but i'm not in the industry and am only one man and in america one man can't change the system without a blank check.

Money rules here. it sucks, and i hate that a blank check can come before morality... but it is what it is. Arguing about what could be or should be doesn't change what IS

You lack military strength :P

Look i wasn't trying to come down on the Nordic countries or europe or anywhere. I was just saying i'm stuck with the system i have and will tip because it's how it works in america.

It isn't like i'm claiming its great, cuz its not and i'm honestly envious of europe about this issue (and others) but then again, America does have certain things that Europe doesn't either.

There's pro's and con's all around for each and every country
    Yeah, and I would definitely tip if I ever went to the US, since it's a part of your system.
    But as a Norwegian, I would still like for the US to move away from it, and just treat people like equals and not see certain professions as "less" of work.
    You guys have such a huge divide in pretty much every aspect of your lives these days :P. Race divide, class divide, political divide!
    I hope you guys find a solution soon! <3

Ok, we found our winner for "lack of empathy" award. It isn't always so easy out there in the world, and while it's obvious your entitlement is showing; others don't have it as easy as you and i.

Others have to work 40-60 hours a week JUST TO PAY THE BILLS, and that doesn't even include kid costs etc.

It isn't easy in america if you haven't made it yet, and the best thing anyone in the world could do is come experience poverty in america for a few weeks to gain perspective.

it isn't as easy as just "finding new jobs" in some places, and you have to feed your kids somehow. Beggars can't be choosers. You cans it there on your high horse and judge their life decisions or past choices; but that doesn't change a single damn thing of the situation except you just come off more tone deaf and entitled.
    So I don't have empathy because I believe a persons wages shouldn't be based on what other people think they deserve? lmfao. Don't logic much do you? I fully support them being paid appropriate wages. I just don't think it just be subsidizes to the customer.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it IS the law that they can get around paying minimum wages due to tips. It's so corrupt that it's nonsense.

I'm not sticking up for the system, and if i could change it tomorrow i would. believe me, i've waited tables for tips and it's horrible. I'm not saying "This is how it has to be" i'm just saying "this is how it is TODAY" and until it changes i'll operate within the system; because to do otherwise isn't hurting "the man" it's just hurting the hard working people at the bottom deliverying/waiting.

The system CAN and needs to change, but i'm not in the industry and am only one man and in america one man can't change the system without a blank check.

Money rules here. it sucks, and i hate that a blank check can come before morality... but it is what it is. Arguing about what could be or should be doesn't change what IS
    The law is their boss is suppose to pay them whatever it takes to make their wages at least minimum wage. There is no law saying customers HAVE to tip.