View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    You've barely managed to string together intelligible sentences, let alone frame a rebuttal.
    Yet hear you are, you protest too much.

Unfair, ain't it. The other side is just supposed to let you talk crap and hang nicknames on them without speaking up.
    That you are making shit up, decided to insult me while going on about how I insulted you. Nope, You are the only one crying about it. But for what it is worth you have my word going forward, I will attempt no further humor with you.

I guess I didn't get the memo. If you don't want it, don't start it. Seriously?
    Am I supposed to be put in my place by you hanging a woman's name on me?
    Katie Couric is known for the same tactics you were using, and continue to, it wasn't meant at a personal attack on you, but on your tactic and argument.

Look, she makes more than I do and more people follow her.
    They did, until she made the mistakes I was pointing out to you making.

Hunt for Red October?
    This was simply a great movie, the reference was to the specific scene where the Russians launched a Torpedo at the Red October and the Captain played by Sean Connery turned that mofo around and speed right for it, causing it to collapse and break apart before it armed. Again it was an attempt at levity, not meant as a personal attack. As I said, I apologize, and will refrain from making any more attempts at humor with you.

You had to dig back to something that old to imply you're a heroic fellow battling Communists?
    Not in the slightest, but if that is how you seen it, again I apologize for that, I seriously thought you would roll your eyes and laugh.

You brought up the usual tip or your food will be tampered with threat, and when that didn't play well you backed off and tried to get up on a moral high horse.
    Not a threat an observation unless you have somewhere you can find I said, that I did that or said anybody else should. Again a different perspective here in the U.S perhaps because of certain conditions and customs yes you don't tip, you consistently shit all over people in service IT DOES HAPPEN.

The only one upset about it were those of the mind well fuck them getting tipped not my problem, suddenly taking a moral high ground just like you are.

You went for the sympathy card, that those poor servers are paid shit and treated like shit. That isn't going so well either, since people in the thread are writing about how much they make.
    Nope you took what I said like your articles and studies out of context and decided to misapply either what you didn't understand or you planned to peg me for your own reasons.

Either way it had nothing to do with you, and your post since I called I addressed you in a different post on the Thread Topic have decided to have a go at me.

Now, you don't have anything better to offer than digging in on me producing an article that looks at the overall state of the industry. It somehow, by your words, doesn't support what I say (by the way, you need to get the difference between quote and copy paste down) but you wave that around as a vague accusation and can't even produce an example.
    Every example I need for what you have done are all over your post you insisted NOBODY read because anyone who disagreed with you didn't OBVIOUSLY come away with it in the way you hoped it would.

Basically, you're anti-intellectual. You get triggered by anything that uses research. You aren't trained to do it and you aren't trained to understand it, so you can't really do anything except bluster along on how you see the world. Well, I probably should stay the hell away from fixing cars on similar grounds, but then I'm not afraid to admit that and when I've had to do it I know how to take up the challenge.
    I am no Doctor and you are no Intellectual, I am just disagreeing with your position and the argument you are presenting via context and thoughts and works that don't belong to you.

This is a fucking gaming forums not come kind of political government mini club.

Now, we can happily sling mud at each other, or you can actually take up a challenge yourself. Do some real research for a change, look for things to support your points. Write something that takes some actual thought. If I'm wrong, prove it, it ought to be easy.

I am not going to do any of those things in any way you perceive, but I am more than ok with you doing away with the pretenses that you are anything out than what you shown yourself to be.

I am also not working to impress you or change your position, because me unlike you don't give a fuck what you think.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

I tip waiters 15%, drivers 8-10%.

Tipping culture is stupid. But I want my helpers to afford food.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I tip waiters 15%, drivers 8-10%.

Tipping culture is stupid. But I want my helpers to afford food.
    So why don't you tip cooks as well? After all, it's them who actually make the food you're eating. Makes more sense than rewarding someone for merely delivering it to your table.

Pizza hut just charged me 4 dollars for delivery, 1 dollar for "PROCESSING" and a service charge which took my 10.99 dollar pizza to 21.60 (with taxes).

NO. He did not get a tip. If Pizza Hut cares about their drivers, give the drivers the delivery cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Preach brother! Not tipping was invented in the last 15 years by millennials.
    It's another thing on the long list of things that millennials killed /s

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So why don't you tip cooks as well? After all, it's them who actually make the food you're eating. Makes more sense than rewarding someone for merely delivering it to your table.
    Tipped wage isn't a thing for cooks. That's the difference, if it was I would.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I wouldn't tip, but I also don't live in the US. Why not just add in the tip to the price and tell people not to tip?
    So instead of having to math every time you go out to eat, you just pay what the receipt says and go on your way with no guilty feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus
    I am just disagreeing with your position and the argument you are presenting via context and thoughts and works that don't belong to you.
    They don't have to belong to me, they have to be attributed to their creator.

Post #308, looks to me like I gave credit to the source and indicated I was not copying the article in full, just quoting the set up for it.
    Let's have some honesty here. Don't take it from me, consider this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...united-states/

Here's the set up for the article:
    For my part, it is a forum handle, you're welcome to call yourself whatever title you want. Still, if you'd actually gone through the work to earn that title you'd have a better understanding of why academics publish and give interviews. To get their words and ideas out there. Saru Jayaraman isn't here in person, but in effect her words are here and you don't get to hide from the issues that are raised in her interview. They're published, a matter of record. I've quoted the article but I also credited and linked it at the beginning of all this.

This idea you have that works can't be quoted is simply wrong. Feel free to email her though and let her know I quoted her interview, I'm sure her lawyers would be happy to let me know if I've misused that material.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    bc delivery drivers get paid a shit wage bc their employer assumes that they will get tipped by the customer...
    Not ny job to pay wages. It's the employers responsibility.

Vendor have a price list: I pay what the price list says, unless employee goes above and beyond the job description.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

They don't have to belong to me, they have to be attributed to their creator.

Post #308, looks to me like I gave credit to the source and indicated I was not copying the article in full, just quoting the set up for it.

For my part, it is a forum handle, you're welcome to call yourself whatever title you want. Still, if you'd actually gone through the work to earn that title you'd have a better understanding of why academics publish and give interviews. To get their words and ideas out there. Saru Jayaraman isn't here in person, but in effect her words are here and you don't get to hide from the issues that are raised in her interview. They're published, a matter of record. I've quoted the article but I also credited and linked it at the beginning of all this.

This idea you have that works can't be quoted is simply wrong. Feel free to email her though and let her know I quoted her interview, I'm sure her lawyers would be happy to let me know if I've misused that material.
    I didn't say you plagiarized it, but that doesn't mean the thoughts or the work is your own, and it certainly doesn't allow for the liberties you took with any of it. Again I don't care what you think, and I am not much interested in going any further with this conversation or any other with you.

You basically lost your shit, because I challenged your assertions and arguments, then you decided to insult me after what you perceived as a personal attack. As for anything and everything else I said, you seem to be content to make up whatever bullshit you want and connect the dots in your own mind no matter what anyone says.

So that's cool with me, The Doctor in My name I have explained, and I never said anything about it having shit to do with anything, as I said I am also not a 18th Century Austrian Composer neither.

So, think what you want argue your nonsense, I am my intent was not to attack you, nor go back and fourth with you pontificating. Just staying on topic and moving along from this worthless conversation.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus
    I didn't say you plagiarized it, but that doesn't mean the thoughts or the work is your own, and it certainly doesn't allow for the liberties you took with any of it.
    Isn't that handy, you do a lot of not saying things. You didn't "say I plagiarized" but then you go right on and say the thoughts or work isn't my own. Nope, never claimed they were, and if I had, that would have been plagiarism.

Similarly, you assert I have taken liberties with the material, and at each and every opportunity you've failed to produce an actual example. Feel free to live in whatever dream world you're occupying, but since this is a public forum I will continue to challenge you to produce proof of your various accusations.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense