View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably 10-20%, if it's below 4 bucks I might increase it depending on the delivery. Would also depend on the delivery charge. I'm not even sure about the pricing model around here, since I never ordered a pizza before. If I want fast food I get it myself or I just make something as simplistic as a pizza myself.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Don't tip. Tipping is optional.
    This is how you get spit on your pizza.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

$3 - $5 dollars.

I don't tip percentages to a delivery person. Their ride is the same if I ordered 1 or 20 pizzas.

Tipping is US thing, right?

The whole concept of tipping sounds like bullshit to me... but I dont live in US. You paid for the "product". You get the "product". No extra on it. If the cost was X€, why should I give more than that? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Which shows you what kind of upstanding people work at these menial jobs, and why they don't deserve to be tipped for holding your food hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Tipping isn't being selfless, it is just feeding into restaurants paying their employees less than the minimum wage.
    They can do that because of the "Tip Credit", a concept invented by conservatives to take more money out of workers pockets and put it into owners pockets. Basically, it means that the restaurant gets a designated portion of your tips because they are considered to be providing the opportunity for the tips in the first place by virtue of being open for business. The restaurant literally gets to take a portion of your tips, the mechanism by which is paying below minimum wage. If for some reason you did not make enough tips to cover the Tip Credit then the store does have to make up the difference, but owners and managers tend to fire employees (in right-to-work states) that have this happen.

Not tipping in the US is just fucking scummy, no matter how you try to rationalize it. If you don't tip, you are scum.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Not tipping in the US is just fucking scummy, no matter how you try to rationalize it. If you don't tip, you are scum.
    That's exactly what the people running these places want you to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Which shows you what kind of upstanding people work at these menial jobs, and why they don't deserve to be tipped for holding your food hostage.
    Spoken by a guy who is upset he’s treated valuable workers like shit as though it should be your privilege. Enjoy the taste of spit.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

I ain't from the US with your ridiculous custom to otherwise underpaid workers...

I don't tip.

ITT: "someone should rly do something about wages so no one has to tip but in the meantime ill be a cheap asshole" thx for fighting the good fight m8s.
    <Formality> of Proudmoore 13/13M -- US 26 MW Monk
    Twitch

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Tipping is US thing, right?

The whole concept of tipping sounds like bullshit to me... but I dont live in US. You paid for the "product". You get the "product". No extra on it. If the cost was X€, why should I give more than that? Nah.
    It is bullshit. Complete bullshit actually. But these people get paid less than minimum wage because they rely on tips. So not tipping is basically just telling this person who spent their time waiting on you or delivering your food, justdoing their job, to go fuck off. It's complete bullshit that the costumer is responsible for these people to get a fare wage and not the employers, but we got some serious BS laws that need to be changed. Even if the end result is we're paying slightly more on the bill, but less overall due to how much we feel obligated to tip, we really do need to get rid of obligated tipping.

In the small town I used to live, I pretty much knew which places had their delivery cars and which required the delivery guys to use their own + pay for fuel. I usually ordered from the former, since they weren't scummy places. No need to tip in this case, the guys are getting paid enough for their job and they don't have their own expenses. If they came fast and weren't rude, I usually still tipped. If I happened to order from the latter, I considered how far away the place is, and I tipped accordingly so that the guy at the very least goes even.

As far as tipping waiters is concerned, I only tip if the service is at least in the upper ranges of average. Seems silly to me that there are no effective waiter protection laws in USA, all it takes is one bill to prevent restaurants from paying their employees peanut money and forcing them to count on tips to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I don’t get delivery but I do tip waiters 10-25% based on how they treated me, how much food I ordered and if I’m with someone at the time(I usually have lunch with a cheapskate who doesn’t tip)
    Fast food places get no tips from me,(joeys fish, burger places)

I tip based on speed of delivery going as high 25% if the delivery time was really fast and going as low as nothing if the delivery takes way too fucking long. A couple of drivers at my local, regular, spot know me well. I usually get my order with in 20-25 mins.

I literally only tip if it's a hot chick, I'm a simple man.

Tipping is retarded, not my fault you work a shit job with improper wages. I don't get fucking tipped and I work my dick off, though I have been offered many times I can't accept. Suck a cock if you got a problem with that!
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

I live within the pizzeria's delivery area, but it is out of the way. That, plus the delivery people use their own vehicles, I give about 30% tip on my order. I don't mind, and they are going out of their way somewhat for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    The US is really the only country where tipping is a thing so...
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

/shrug as long as I dont know, it wont hurt me. if i do see something or i get sick, someone is losing their job.

Spoken by a guy who is upset he’s treated valuable workers like shit as though it should be your privilege. Enjoy the taste of spit.
    So you advocate for people to spit on the food of others?

Quite a bold stance
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

For delivery, just a flat $2 tip. Your order cost has nothing to do with anything; they drive the same distance regardless.
    Doctoral student in the Digital Humanities. Expertise in human behavior, internet culture, new media studies, and pop culture politics. Web: MatadorMedia.org.