View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In what kind of third world country you need to tip...
    I don't tip, never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I guess that’s a fair exchange for you. Me I’ll enjoy my pizza spit free. As for your threat well I guess you can go through all that hassle to fire some kid who’s already making a shitty wage. Hell just go to the next job you rely on do the same kind of thing you hopefully won’t have to deal with.

All of this to cheat a lowly pizza guy.
    I'd have the kid black balled for life.

I don't tip.
    I live in a country where jobs don't pay horrid wages, and thus tips aren't required for them to be able to function.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Tipping isn't being selfless, it is just feeding into restaurants paying their employees less than the minimum wage.

If a restaurant allows tipping, it is a shitty restaurant.
    Then why is there tipping in Canada where they get paid min wage or more.

Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    I tip based on inconvenience and circumstance. By that I mean if the weather is good and I'm just getting a pizza and maybe another item, $2.00. Same order but raining, $2.50-$3.00 depending how bad. Fucking shit weather $3.50-$5.00.

Most I ever tipped was $10.00, I ordered pizza for my nerd night of D&D (6 people including me), 3 large pizzas, bread sticks, and two 2 liters (and it was also raining) the bill came to something like ~$40 before the tip.
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They don't do that either. There has not been a single instance of tyranny in American history that has been prevented or stopped by guns being a thing.

I tip 20% on delievery based on the post-tax value. Because 99.9% of pizza companies make drivers pay for their own gas and car maintenance. And if you aren't aware, car maintence IS A LOT. The only thing the compnay covers is wrecks. Not Gas, Not break replacements. 90% of drivers use their own cars (1 place in my area has a company car but it's one of those Domino "pizza-Oven" cars)

Tip 3-4 dollars, I live in a smallish town, so if you have limited food options, its always to be on the best sides of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I'd have the kid black balled for life.
    No no you wouldn’t you’ll just eat your pizza with spit in it thinking “ I wonder if I’m tasting it” because you’ll never know and they will never tell you. And if you did see it you have to have evidence and proof your word against theirs. Unless you work in a lab and are going to pay the expense to find out.

All to what ruin some minimum wage kid you felt guilty about stiffing.

No you won’t do anything but eat your pizza of shame.

When all it would taken was a little decency showed the poor kid some love by tipping him out of respect. Then you could enjoy your pizza without that thought or fear.

But yeah man save your $3.50.

Not me I tip well. Get a few pies hot fresh and well made. Because I tip and tip well.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    And do you know what happens to workers that report $0 in tips, or even less than whatever the tip credit in their state is? They get fired, legally in right-to-work states.

And given that this thread is specifically about delivery drivers, you're not even figuring in the cost of the vehicle, insurance, fuel, repairs. And when their vehicle does break they don't keep getting paid, they literally have to pay what little they may have to fix it so they can keep delivering to your cheap ass.

Selfish fucks abound in this thread, that can't see beyond "me me me me" to consider other human beings as real people deserving of anything other than a hearty "fuck you, I got mine".
    So do you tip EVERYONE in EVERY profession that you interact with that makes minimum wage? And I assume you also donate ALL of your excess money to those less fortunate?

Sounds like a case of "fuck you, I got mine". Because what's the difference between guy A making minimum wage and guy B? Societal expectations that one should get tipped and the other shouldn't. That's it. Nothing innate. And certainly nothing universal, because MOST countries don't tip either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Do you tip based on the meal base price, or do you tip based on the final amount that includes taxes and other fees like delivery charge?

Say you have the following pizza order:

Subtotal $16.58
    Delivery Fee $3.45
    Estimated Tax $1.65
    Total $21.68

Pizza tipping guides say to tip a minimum of $3 for orders under $20, and a minimum of $5 for orders over $20. Do you consider this an order under $20 or over $20? I would tend to give them $25 in cash, which means a $3.32 tip. Note that the pizza place is two miles away, straight down the road with no special circumstances like rain or snow.

What percentage tip is $3.32 on this order?

A) 3.32/16.58 = 20%
    B) 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%
    C) 3.32/21.68 = 15%

Do you think this technically crosses the $20 barrier to a $5 minimum tip?
    In a regular restaurant, do you tip based on the final bill amount or the pre-tax amount?

Edit: Is $25 in cash for a $21.68 pizza order 2 miles away in nice weather decent?
    15% is decent. I try to tip a bit more, but that’s at least partially because I know how many assholes don’t tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

I tip waiters, delivery drivers, even the woman that cuts my hair. If they do a good job i like letting them know i appreciate their effort.
    Businesses don't pay servers and drivers minimum wage because minimum wage laws do not include these professions, by not tipping you are only hurting the person who is taking care of you.
    If the law forced business to pay these people minimum wage you would have much higher base rates for food, drink, or delivery. You would also probably get much worse service from these people. What's the incentive for someone to give exceptional service in a dead end job when they know they get the same amount from minimal effort.
    By the way I would never stiff a pizza delivery guy, they are alone with your food with no witnesses for way to long and they have good memories!

Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Oh this is also for servers, so I'll add this blip. I am far more judgy on servers, as I know how piss easy their job is (I've done it) and to be a good server all you have to do is be nice and check in every few minutes with your tables, and bring them things you never prepared (except for salads and soup). My tip starts at $10.00 and goes up or down depending on service. Least I've ever tipped was $0.35 (on a $20 bill) in an upside down cup on the table, most I ever tipped was $35.00 (on $40.00 bill). Stories for both of anyone is interested.
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They don't do that either. There has not been a single instance of tyranny in American history that has been prevented or stopped by guns being a thing.

isn't it often to help pay for the gas since the business does not cover the cost of gas in delivers
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

It's like we have a "Do you tip?" thread every month. Move the fuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    But these people get paid less than minimum wage because they rely on tips.
    False, in the US if a tipped employee makes less than minimum wage after their tips are factored in the employer is required by law to make up the difference.
    Signature not found

Typically for Pizza, $5 or something. Fuck, even for take out I'm typically slipping them a $5. People at the local Thai place LOVE ME. I just tell them who it is, and BOOM, shits ready in 10-15, just the way I likes it ...
    Restaurants are always 20%, unless something went awry (meal/service) ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No you won’t do anything but eat your pizza of shame.
    SHAME

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    isn't it often to help pay for the gas since the business does not cover the cost of gas in delivers
    In the case of delivery, yes.
    Takes care of their gas, plus some.
    Last edited by J012D4N; 2019-05-11 at 05:14 AM.

Worked in that industry unless you really are a trash waiter or delivery I will tip 40% or higher. Depends on the amount ive spent and what I ate.
    Fate is one you forge with you're own two hands.

Personally, I can't wait for drone delivery so tipping is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's like we have a "Do you tip?" thread every month. Move the fuck on.
    Yet you chose not to...

I tip because I can empathize someone who empathizes with the worker bee of an establishment, the day to day ops wouldn't exist without them they are often impacted for how a customer views a place, but they're played as if they don't do shit. Saw the kitchen fucks up, guess who has to face the angry customer? the waiter and the delivery boy even though they have nothing to do with the fuck ups in the kitchen. The kitchen still gets paid, the waiter basically worked for free if the tip ain't right.

The whole percentage thing is a guideline but doesn't dictate how I choose to tip. Hypothetically speaking, if I order 1 thing that's $50 by myself I'm not going 20% on it just because those are 'the rules'. I'm paying you something that I think is fair for you brings me the item regardless of how much it cost. If I order 50 $1 cheeseburgers and you have to bring them all to my table then I'll hook you up with the 10-20%. If you're a waiter that has to manage a party of 5,6,xxx, you deserve that gratuity because you put in a lot of work. I don't think a waiter who served one high priced item should make the same as you that night.

Another example. I always tip my barber. That tip is not based on the price of the haircut, its based how much time, attention, and detail they placed on my head. I'll give a haircut I'm satisfied with $2-3, that's about 15% but its not like I planned it like that. If my dude makes my edge on point, pays extra attention to the grain being right, conditions/oils the hair, hooks up the face even if I didn't ask, etc. I'm giving him a $5, which is like 30-40%.