View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    ITT: "someone should rly do something about wages so no one has to tip but in the meantime ill be a cheap asshole" thx for fighting the good fight m8s.
    Tipping doesn't do shit for employee wages, as evidenced by the examples presented in this thread. Someone should do something about tipping, but sure as hell isn't the customers. The owners are the ones who are being cheap assholes by relying on emotional manipulation to pry more money out from their customers, instead of doing the straightforward thing and banning tips while raising prices.

The great lie here is that the customers are the ones being called assholes by the owners, while the owners are the ones being cheap assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

lol just give him 5$ u cheapos

Where I'm from, the wages are increased so there is no need to tip. Tipping really is not part of the culture here.

If I did live in a tipping culture, I'd probably give a flat rated $5 for every order, unless they really impressed me with their delivery/manner, then maybe $10+.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Do you tip based on the meal base price, or do you tip based on the final amount that includes taxes and other fees like delivery charge?
    Neither. I don't tip the driver at all.

He have one job: Deliver pizza in the company car. He's on an hourly/monthly salary and I have already paid a delivery fee.

Also, since my food is already paid in full, when I ordered, the driver is almost back inside his car before I have gotten it.. Even if I would, I couldn't tip him..... And I don't use cash at all.. Not for 28 years..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-05-11 at 07:42 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Can't really speak for the weird half-mandatory tipping the US practices. Here in Germany the general rule of thumb is: if you decide to tip (and it's never required) you go for about 10% of the cost of your food. But usually you just let them keep whatever amount it is to the closest amount that can be paid with bills only.

If your receipt says 18.49 you hand them a 20 and say "stimmt so" which roughly translates to "that's fine" If it's 19.50 you do the same. If it's 16.99 you might still do the same or say "make it 18" and get back a two. Not going for the exact amount owed or not tipping to a full Euro are kind of considered bad form. Tipping is not just for showing appreciation but also to make getting your change more convenient for the staff. It evens out over time anyways and it works about the same for restaurants and delivery drivers.

A lot of it is up to your discretion. But restaurant staff and drivers are fully paid, so it really is just a bonus for them.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2019-05-11 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks Lord I live in a country where tips are not obligatory. Of course they do include it in price anyway but ultimately it's employer's job to reward employee, not mine

These threads are just funny for showing how fucked up it is in the US. I mean people claiming tips cover gas for drivers? Since fucking when do the companies not pay for gas? Smells like bullshit too me. Also why the fuck do people tip the drivers? They literally have the easiest fucking job, you know they don't share with the people that took your order and made your food right?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Do you tip based on the meal base price, or do you tip based on the final amount that includes taxes and other fees like delivery charge?

Say you have the following pizza order:

Subtotal $16.58
    Delivery Fee $3.45
    Estimated Tax $1.65
    Total $21.68

Pizza tipping guides say to tip a minimum of $3 for orders under $20, and a minimum of $5 for orders over $20. Do you consider this an order under $20 or over $20? I would tend to give them $25 in cash, which means a $3.32 tip. Note that the pizza place is two miles away, straight down the road with no special circumstances like rain or snow.

What percentage tip is $3.32 on this order?

A) 3.32/16.58 = 20%
    B) 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%
    C) 3.32/21.68 = 15%

Do you think this technically crosses the $20 barrier to a $5 minimum tip?
    In a regular restaurant, do you tip based on the final bill amount or the pre-tax amount?

Edit: Is $25 in cash for a $21.68 pizza order 2 miles away in nice weather decent?
    I don't tip, shouldn't tip unless over the top extra service. The delivery we use, the waiters we meet, are all faily paid already.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Neither. I don't tip the driver at all.

He have one job: Deliver pizza in the company car. He's on an hourly/monthly salary and I have already paid a delivery fee.

Also, since my food is already paid in full, when I ordered, the driver is almost back inside his car before I have gotten it.. Even if I would, I couldn't tip him..... And I don't use cash at all.. Not for 28 years..
    I've never seen a delivery driver in a company car. Most get paid a waiters wage, which is below min wage, and they don't get the delivery fee.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've never seen a delivery driver in a company car. Most get paid a waiters wage, which is below min wage, and they don't get the delivery fee.
    Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen..

Besides, in my country, if you use your personal vehicle for work use, your employer is required by law, to pay you (if memory serves me right) DKK3,79 (roughly 0,5 Euro) per kilometer driven, to cover petrol, wear and tear and depreciation of the vehicle. Those DKK3,79 is actually tax free.

EDIT: DKK3,56 but it doesn't change anything --> https://skat.dk/skat.aspx?oid=2234870 (in Danish)
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-05-11 at 09:53 AM.

i try to always tip 20%

their job is shit

their day is probably shit

i dont want to add to it

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    If someone messes with your food that's an easy way to fuck them and the company up for violating health regulations.
    Not what you think you know it’s what you can prove. And generally screwing over people working hard who needs tips is a shitty thing to do.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    lol just give him 5$ u cheapos
    That's pretty much what the delivery costs... Why would I pay it twice?

Pizza costs 4 usd in my country, delivery is free, because the restaurant is nearby. If they cant deliver it in 30 mins i dont tip.
    The only person i tip is the hairdresser, because her income is low.

Tipping is not really a thing in here. Never heard anyone who does, for anything. The workers are compensated with proper wages instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

It depends on the situation and where I am. I do not think I have ever had pizza delivered or tipped someone that delivered anything to my home. I tend to tip the the housekeepers however and waiters that go out of their way to make my experience as good as possible.

But I firmly believe that service personal should be payed enough that tipping should not needed and if I know of a restaurant, hotel or any company where the employees need tips in order to make a deacent living then I try to stay away from thoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    Or you know. Lives in a civilised contry where we expect All people working to be earning a living wage by their job, and so why would The customer have to pay for the wages for the delivery people?

I always tip 50% on the purchase.

When it's a hollywood actor doing the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    If you were born in year 2000, then every negative connotation and aspect associated with “millennials” is 10x worse with your generation. If that is even a separate tier of millennials.
    They would be GenZers. Millennial are GenY.

Early millennial's are approaching 40, Kids today are not millennial's.

Besides the tip would be 15% of $16.58. so $2.50

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    Are you mad because millenials don't agree with those tipping business models? Seems like millenials are smart to me.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2019-05-11 at 10:44 AM.