View Poll Results: What percentage tip am I giving based on the details in the post?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.32/16.58 = 20%

33 22.76%
  • 3.32/(16.58+1.65) = 18%

7 4.83%
  • 3.32/21.68 = 15%

23 15.86%
  • Other (posted in thread)

82 56.55%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No? If you're not being paid for the job you do, why would you stay with them to exploit you?
    Because like I said, that job is designed with tips in mind. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it does not exist nor could it be considered "exploiting" and you should stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Yes, they are. It's illegal to not pay your employers.
    Ok, so you purposely ignored the rest of what I said. Noted. Please go back and re-read.

No, why would I?
    Don't answer me if you don't go to bars... like I wrote. Please go back and re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Because like I said, that job is designed with tips in mind. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it does not exist nor could it be considered "exploiting" and you should stay away from it.
    So you're fine with people being exploited. Duly noted.

Don't answer me if you don't go to bars... like I wrote. Please go back and re-read.
    I go to bars, I don't tip. Why would I tip them for doing the job they're already paid to do?

Delivery $3-5. Waiters/Waitress minimum that is customary as good waiters/waitresses make plenty on tips alone. Many refuse to pay taxes on their tips because of the belief they are underpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    So you're fine with people being exploited. Duly noted.
    Please explain to me why you believe that's exploitation, because until you do, you're being willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Delivery $3-5. Waiters/Waitress minimum that is customary as good waiters/waitresses make plenty on tips alone. Many refuse to pay taxes because of the belief they are underpaid.
    This is true. A lot attempt to not even claim their tips. It's up to their place of work to catch that.

Please explain to me why you believe that's exploitation, because until you do, you're being willfully ignorant.
    Because not paying your employers for the job they do is exploiting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    No, I never tip.
    I tip on how fast they deliver. Usualy €2-3. They're getting a salary anyway.

Honestly? it depends on service (or for pizza delivery drivers, time delivered).

If your store is 2 lights away and it takes you 45 min to get here because you made 4-5 stops on the way; you are getting a low tip like 5-10%.

If you arrive and my food is still scorching hot and i know its as fast as you got from point A to point B; i'll tip 20-25% (also depending on time of night, i tip more later in the night obviously since i appreciate anyone delivering at 12-1 am)

They've started to try to automatically ask you to put tips in during the initial order to "save time" but from my experience, never do it, because the tip is the only incentive for them to bring that food lightning quick. If you tip them prior to delivery; i've never had food arrive fresh that way

This is true. A lot attempt to not even claim their tips. It's up to their place of work to catch that.
    Bc only being payed by tips is like begging for money, like welfare depending on the goodwill of others. Just paying a decent salary with a handfull of tips as icing on the cake gives financial stability which gives peace of mind.

Feeding yourself and/or your children depending on the goodwill of others is plain SICK! Typical extreem-right US behaviour the rest o/t world is fighting hard for to not be implemented. Fucking sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    Bc only being payed by tips is like begging for money, like welfare depending on the goodwill of others. Just paying a decent salary with a handfull of tips as icing on the cake gives financial stability which gives peace of mind.

Feeding yourself and/or your children depending on the goodwill of others is plain SICK! Typical extreem-right US behaviour the rest o/t world is fighting hard for to not be implemented. Fucking sick!
    It isn't political so cool your jets; it's just how the restaurant industry has always worked.

No, it isn't right and they should be paid a straight salary but they can legally get away with paying under minimum wage and force you to rely on tips. Whether or not you think it's right is irrelevant because this is how it is.

If you don't tip, that's more of an indictment on you than the system. It's a tip for "job well done". They are waiting on you or bringing you food, the least you could do is a "thank u"

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    You must be a millennial....selfishness is the trait millennials will forever be known for in history
    Or, like me, from Sweden.
    Where we tip if we think the service was good. Not to pay wages of the workers that they ought to get from their employer.

A tip is an extra. Someone who just comes to my door is doing his/her job, I'd offer to tip if we noticed it was an unsliced pizza at the door and he/she took out a silcer and offered to do it since it was missed.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It isn't political so cool your jets; it's just how the restaurant industry has always worked.

No, it isn't right and they should be paid a straight salary but they can legally get away with paying under minimum wage and force you to rely on tips. Whether or not you think it's right is irrelevant because this is how it is.

If you don't tip, that's more of an indictment on you than the system. It's a tip for "job well done". They are waiting on you or bringing you food, the least you could do is a "thank u"
    You don't get it? You only have such a system in the USA. The rest of the world was able to fight off exploitation and maintains strict workers-right molded into laws to prevent US excesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Or, like me, from Sweden.
    Where we tip if we think the service was good. Not to pay wages of the workers that they ought to get from their employer.

A tip is an extra. Someone who just comes to my door is doing his/her job, I'd offer to tip if we noticed it was an unsliced pizza at the door and he/she took out a silcer and offered to do it since it was missed.
    not to be rude, but if your country has different laws; then this post wasn't really intended for you so you can go ahead and climb down off that judgemental high horse

not to be rude, but if your country has different laws; then this post wasn't really intended for you so you can go ahead and climb down off that judgemental high horse
    Tipping isn't law.

You don't get it? You only have such a system in the USA. The rest of the world was able to fight off exploitation and maintains strict workers-right molded into laws to prevent US excesses.
    I get it far better than YOU do. I've actually worked in the industry and it sucks. i'm not sticking up for the system and i'm the first one to say it needs to change.... but there is still the reality on the ground so to speak and until they get paid a living wage, ill tip when needed as an appreciative thank you. or not if the service was awful.

If you aren't an american, quite frankly, you don't have a valid opinion of this topic. This is a topic for americans TBH since our system is the only one who allows this garbage

I don't go to eurotrash countries or Canada, so idk how it works there. Otherwise, I tip everywhere, because I'm appreciative. You aren't supposed to tip in almost all Asian countries, because they think it's disrespectful, but I get away with it because they always think I'm rich/famous. If you're a fat neckbeard nobody, play it safe and don't tip on vacation.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Inb4 "USA invented restaurant business" argument.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Tipping isn't law.
    no but paying them a living wage is, and in the USA they don't even have to pay them minimum wage in the restaurant industry because of the "tips". This has gone on for decades and now has created a system of underpaid employees who don't really eat without tips. I've been there before and seen it.

I'm not saying it's right, because it isn't and it isn't like i'm like "oh it's a great system!" because i'm an american. Sometimes, capitalism is wrong and this is one of them.

I wish i didn't have to tip when i go out, i'm cheap, but those men/women gotta eat too

Actually YOUR country seems to be the one that have different laws from the rest of the world..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

no but paying them a living wage is, and in the USA they don't even have to pay them minimum wage in the restaurant industry because of the "tips". This has gone on for decades and now has created a system of underpaid employees who don't really eat without tips. I've been there before and seen it.

I'm not saying it's right, because it isn't and it isn't like i'm like "oh it's a great system!" because i'm an american. Sometimes, capitalism is wrong and this is one of them.

I wish i didn't have to tip when i go out, i'm cheap, but those men/women gotta eat too
    You don't have to tip. Nothing forces you to tip.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Actually YOUR country seems to be the one that have different laws from the rest of the world..
    Again, l2read because i'm not standing up for the system. I think this is garbage and always have been. I still remember being a waiter and being told i'm being paid 1/3 of the minimum wage hourly "cuz of tips". It's infuriating and some nights you do make a LOT of money, and others you make nothing. it sucks

My only point to encourage tipping was to feed those men/women serving me, or delivering me food late at night. in an ideal world, they'd be paid properly and wouldn't need tips.

Sometimes, capitalism is wrong or goes too far. This is a shining example of that. Just because i advocate tipping doesn't mean i advocate WHY i have to tip