Deleted

CCTV of car towing man in wheelchair in Harrogate released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...ogate-released

CCTV footage of a man in a wheelchair being towed by a car has been released by police.

William MacPherson, 28, was captured holding on to the back of the Hyundai Coupe, which was driven by 20-year-old Michael Ward, while being dragged along a number of streets in Harrogate in January.

The pair were both sentenced at Harrogate Magistrates Court last month.

North Yorkshire Police said the pair had "acted selfishly and dangerously" with no regard for road safety.
    Video in link... As a wheelchair user I find this hilarious but naturally as an upstanding citizen I frown...ish

Being in a manual wheelchair, that makes me cringe... I have flipped forward before just traveling down a hill at a brisk pace when one of my front wheels clipped a little rock.

They weren't flying or anything, but he was going fast enough that one little bump could have sent him face first into the street... With his face acting as a break while he slid another 15 feet.

Lol. I say let them have their fun. I used to have a mile long drive from my apartment in college to the campus. I'd drive when i didnt feel like walking or had a lot of stuff to carry. There were a ton of skateboarders there and they would usually hang onto the back of my car so i could give them a free ride.

Was alcohol involved?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Being in a manual wheelchair, that makes me cringe... I have flipped forward before just traveling down a hill at a brisk pace when one of my front wheels clipped a little rock.

I've seen worse on youtube.