Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I learned a new word thanks to it. It's more unusual and has higher impact for me, whereas "drowned" is quite a common language.

Love the name, it sounds great! at least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    Probably not, because social justice warriors will find the way to get offended by a word "drowned" because...i don't know, their neighbour's great grandmother's daughter-in-law drowned in a lake in 1920's or some shit
    Yes. That's a real thing that happens.

Style points for managing to go from the OT to disagreeing with made up people in a single sentence though. That's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Yes. That's a real thing that happens.

Style points for managing to go from the OT to disagreeing with made up people in a single sentence though. That's dedication.
    2019 innit, you hear these things every day fam

2019 innit, you hear these things every day fam
    Fair fucks mate. My nan went through a woodchipper so I'm pretty sensitive to that sort of thing. Horses for courses like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    save it for some higher tier so people who truly are good obtain maximum thiccness
    Do you mean "benthiccness"?

Probably not, because social justice warriors will find the way to get offended by a word "drowned" because...i don't know, their neighbour's great grandmother's daughter-in-law drowned in a lake in 1920's or some shit
    Hahahaha for the love of god you snowflakes are so desperate to be triggered by something it's incredible. SJWs living in your head rent free pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha for the love of god you snowflakes are so desperate to be triggered by something it's incredible. SJWs living in your head rent free pal.
    They're really creative though aren't they? They do manage to get offended by the stuff that you wouldn't even consider to be offensive by any means under any circumstances

They're really creative though aren't they? They do manage to get offended by the stuff that you wouldn't even consider to be offensive by any means under any circumstances
    In fairness, I think that's the point. Obviously people will sometimes get offended at shit that they really have no reason to be offended by. That's life - people are wrong sometimes. Sometimes they're right too. The fact that you don't even know that something is a problem is the only reason why a person would have to tell you that it is. If you knew, there wouldn't be a problem because you wouldn't tread on their toes by accident.

If you tell somebody that you don't like something, would you seriously expect their first reaction to be to tell you that actually you shouldn't mind and they'll do whatever the fuck they like? Probably not, because that's kinda rude. That's why we have words in the language which allow us to express preferences.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like how it sounds, it´s, somehow, a powerful word.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    In fairness, I think that's the point. Obviously people will sometimes get offended at shit that they really have no reason to be offended by. That's life - people are wrong sometimes. Sometimes they're right too. The fact that you don't even know that something is a problem is the only reason why a person would have to tell you that it is. If you knew, there wouldn't be a problem because you wouldn't tread on their toes by accident.

If you tell somebody that you don't like something, would you seriously expect their first reaction to be to tell you that actually you shouldn't mind and they'll do whatever the fuck they like? Probably not, because that's kinda rude. That's why we have words in the language which allow us to express preferences.
    Well, it's the attitude that matters the most, there could be a situation where you just say something random and somebody in the room gets offended by it, they may not actually respond to it, but you can see their facial expression change and it will make you feel kinda guilty, but you both know that it wasn't intentional, that it wasn't meant to be hurtful so you either let it slide or say sorry it's over, but there are people who seriously go out of their way to display their critical thoughts about things that they have nothing to do with, just to play a victim or just to oppose you and they're just funny to me, i feel like their hormones are acting up in a wierd way

P.S. we might get banned for this convo btw, because somebody will find this offensive ( the irony )... and the fact that we went offtopic

As a Biologist I happy we got Benthic, makes 100% sense and it's accurate.

I was taking the piss out of you, mate. There's literally no one on this thread or, realistically, anywhere on the entire internet complaining that the word "drowned" is offensive, just you inventing imaginary "SJW" boogeymen so that you can be permanently angry at someone.

Learned a new word. Would do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I was taking the piss out of you, mate. There's literally no one on this thread or, realistically, anywhere on the entire internet complaining that the word "drowned" is offensive, just you inventing imaginary "SJW" boogeymen so that you can be permanently angry at someone.
    oh shit son you aint exactly bright one now are ya fam

The list of words I've learned from playing video games and Magic: The Gathering over the years is significantly long. I get all this nerd pride when I get to use one of these words in conversation