Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A tale of two tweets: TPU's blatant hypocrisy

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...627138?lang=en

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...787009?lang=en

This is from Turning Point USA, a shitlord culture war outlet that pushes far right rhetoric online.

I think it's the perfect illustration of the way the alt right tries to have its cake and eat it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It never ceases to entertain me when I see the people who loudly deride others as snowflakes throw a huge fit when they feel they're being insulted or attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    It never ceases to entertain me when I see the people who loudly deride others as snowflakes throw a huge fit when they feel they're being insulted or attacked.
    Yeah basically this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how their chapter leader in Las Vegas just got busted calling black people niggers and doing the White Supremacist OK sign, AHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

But hey everybody has the right to ask
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Seeing as how their chapter leader in Las Vegas just got busted calling black people niggers and doing the White Supremacist OK sign, AHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

The Ok sign has nothing to do with white supremacy, some loon from Wapo or Buzzfeed claiming it does is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    The Ok sign has nothing to do with white supremacy, some loon from Wapo or Buzzfeed claiming it does is irrelevant.
    dont you get to punch the person that you trick into looking at it below your waist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...627138?lang=en

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...787009?lang=en

This is from Turning Point USA, a shitlord culture war outlet that pushes far right rhetoric online.

I think it's the perfect illustration of the way the alt right tries to have its cake and eat it too.
    Like the left has for decades now?

The funniest part is that TPU's content, despite their target audience, is familiar with upper-middle-aged to older (white) men.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The OK sign has clearly been co-opted by White Supremacists, even though it started as a troll. Don't be silly.

OT:

TPUSA are so hilariously self-contradictory. Charlie Kirk is a walking meme.
    Last edited by Fixxit the Gnome; 2019-05-13 at 10:12 AM.
    - Dare not to sleep -

conservatives have 180d on lots of things they use to thinnk our country was a great pinnacle of democracy to lead the world, and now they all want to replicate vladimir putins government.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

oh look AoC doing white supremacist sign !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post

[IMG[/IMG]

Means exactly what it is positioned as From the Leadership at Turning Point
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Why are you using far right? Why not just right? Why not just conservative. Do you even know what far right is? What is "right" to you? Also is it blatent hypocrisy? Maybe hes right on both tweets. Maybe no one is oppressed or as oppressed living in america as compared to other societies and maybe colleges are oppressing conservatives. But you can easily escape college oppression by not attending certain colleges, meanwhile america as a whole isnt trying to oppress you.

So his tweets aren't consistent? Not a big deal.

You should try to understand the other side's point of view, if for nothing more than to be able to rebut them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnVlmlNXcAIjI6C.jpg
    You guys are aware that signs can have more then one meaning right?

If any one would get this I’d think it would be you cizr as your always defending your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    dont you get to punch the person that you trick into looking at it below your waist?
    Or it literally means OK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    The OK sign has clearly been co-opted by White Supremacists, even though it started as a troll. Don't be silly.

OT:

TPUSA are so hilariously self-contradictory. Charlie Kirk is a walking meme.
    Are you smarter than a 4chan meme?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You guys are aware that signs can have more then one meaning right?

If any one would get this I’d think it would be you cizr as your always defending your avatar.
    Explain to me the context of how the OK sign is relevant to white supremacy, right after explaining what white supremacy even is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    Yeah, that's still the rule, I think. A lot of my more "bro-y" friends from high school still joke about it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me the context of how the OK sign is relevant to white supremacy, right after explaining what white supremacy even is.
    White supremacy is thinking your idea of “whiteness” is above all other races/cultures Just by being “white”. It’s ideas like the white mans burden where only the “white” people are the only ones advanced enough to lead the dumber races, or ideas like having interracial kids deludes your blood line. White is of course in quotes as different white supremace groups have different views on what it means to be white like Jews not counting for example.

Now as to where the ok sigh comes in that would be how people in such a group sign to each other. Things like the Nazi salute and the swastika weren’t made by the Nazis but the Nazis took them and made them part of there group. White supremace have done the same thing with the ok sign and other things while those things may still have there original meaning just like the swastika that doesn’t mean they aren’t used as signs for white supremacy as well.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-13 at 04:37 PM.

I mean, sure, it illustrates your point well. But aren't there better and more relevant illustrations for it than two tweets from April 2018 and November 2015 from some minor group's twerp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell, it's a dog whistle. Similar to pepe frogs.

Here's how it works. Some people on 4chan say "hey let's spread an innocent meme. It means something bad to us now (I can't remember the exact meaning) but only we will know that. Spread this everywhere online."

Why is this a dog whistle? Because the average person has no idea why it's being spread. Only the movement's supporters know its hidden meaning. Only they can "hear the signal." It's an attempt to get their message into the spotlight, pretending to validate their dumb idea.

This is not a huge issue IMO, but it's annoying when people refuse to acknowledge it.