Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call them the same. One relocates you to a different zone; the other just hides you, giving you a window to run away.

I'd be far more trigger happy with my Escape macro than I ever would be with a Bubblehearth simply because I wouldn't want to have to travel back. I'd be a hell of a lot more likely to fight (and die, because I'm not winning that fight) on my Paladin solely because she doesn't have a quick escape.

I guess I just don't get where you guys are coming up with these massive travel times. I can get to most places in BFA in less than a minute after hearthing. Are people just not taking optimal routes? You could spend the same amount of time 'running away' on your rogue. Or waiting for a pack of enemy players to move on.

I just don't understand why everyone in this thread thinks its so hard to travel around BFA.. its so quick.
    Voxnor the Fearless (Main - Protection Paladin)
    Atlas the Seeker (Alt - Frost Mage)
    Voxic the Proven Assailant (Alt - Assassination Rogue)

Does being a shaman being chased by 4 people, running off a cliff popping glider, spiritwalkers grace and astral recall count?
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

Yes. I also bubble whenever I plan to hearth. It's actually a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    I guess I just don't get where you guys are coming up with these massive travel times. I can get to most places in BFA in less than a minute after hearthing. Are people just not taking optimal routes? You could spend the same amount of time 'running away' on your rogue. Or waiting for a pack of enemy players to move on.

I just don't understand why everyone in this thread thinks its so hard to travel around BFA.. its so quick.
    I would imagine it's people talking about Dalaran hearthstones. Or people who don't have their hearthstones set to Dazar'Alor/Boralus.

I agree that I can get anywhere in BfA super quickly, so the travel time is negligible. I'm just lazy and it's really annoying to leave a zone and instantly travel back to that zone because some ass wouldn't leave me alone when I'm clearly not fighting him.
    What I expect, not necessarily what I want, to happen within Battle for Azeroth:
    Zekhan to begin his hero's journey - Rexxar will die - Lightforged Forsaken Alliance - Saurfang will die - Vulpera Horde - Old Gods no earlier than final patch - Jaina and Sylvanas are NOT under Old God influence - Thrall will die - Sylvanas will kill Saurfang - Junker Gnomes Alliance - Jaina vs Thrall cinematic - Varian's "kindness" is repaid

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    30 sec ? I died once at stormsong valley at the area near those shadow sh8t thing (up right), my corpse run was easily over 10 min due to mountains and have to walk up because the game sent me to 'closet' graveyard which meant i have to run all up again, then jump - carefully to not skip my corpse - then rez, technically not pvp death but still due to pvp because both my BoP and bubble were on cd from an earlier gank (i always jump high then bubble, this time i forgot it was on cd -.-)
    Okay I will grant you Stormsong has some real bastard corpse runs

Honestly, most people don't even bother attacking me, I assume that as soon as they see the huge health pool, they realise I'm prot and just back off.

For the times where I get swarmed by a zerg of 10-15 horde though? I absolutely bubble hearth.

Most people also don’t bother attacking me. I run around as holy and I’m fairly geared so I know I’ll win most 1v1s unless it’s another healer or tank class. I only bubble hearth was someone attacks me and I’m done with whatever objective I was doing or if I’m attacked by a mob and there’s no priest to dispel.

And Paladins wonder why people think they're beta af.

I use Bubble for the 50% cast time reduction when I'm gonna Hearth anyway. I really don't get why people do it to avoid fights. You're wasting even more time by Hearthing and having to travel back than by just dying and corpse running.

- - - Updated - - -

Dying and corpse running is going to be faster in 99% of cases.

I do it because I know it'll cause an actual emotional response from my attacker or he'll talk shit in chat and just knowing that pleases me
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Never ever crossed my mind I think. Usually use it to heal up or escape, create distance. Would probably do it if I was about to HS anyway and didn't manage to defeat said opponent. Maybe.
    Well met!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Ret is completely absent from professional competitive PvP for a reason, it's easily countered, it's not OP...

Though that may change in 8.2 because of the incoming buff to the unbound freedom PvP talent, which is potentially OP... Definitely ridiculously OP when 2 Rets use it together, as it makes it so when you cast BoF on someone else it also casts it on you, as well as making any BoF cast on you undispellable, which means 2 Rets cycling casting BoF on each other means they both have a 64% uptime on not only root and snare immunity but also a 30% runspeed buff, which is gonna be just ridiculous... In 8.2 double Ret 2v2 will be almost unstoppable, and double Ret+Healer 3v3 is gonna be really tough.
    wow, u actually simply impose without any clue, hm? some ret r at 3k rating in 3v3EU alone. maybe u simply reroll, as u obv. cant ret (in context to ur professional "prognosis". as ret and neither any spec was ever and will be unstoppable.).
    https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/leade...=3v3&region=eu

edit: major impact will be essence of blood in synergy with (finally) ES, as this opens massive burst windows. ret in arena was always very comp-dependent, not just to compensate for the movement issue, but the tunnel syndrom (ret encountered from MoP to WoD - tunnel ret, dispel bubble, gg), but with rogue CC and Disciple/Resto heal usually or at least approx. competetive.

at topic: i dont need to, as world PvP is organised in groups/raids, never died once so far, even venturing solo.
    Last edited by ultima ratio; 2019-06-25 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ultima ratio View Post
    wow, u actually simply impose without any clue, hm? some ret r at 3k rating in 3v3EU alone. maybe u simply reroll, as u obv. cant ret (in context to ur professional "prognosis". as ret and neither any spec was ever and will be unstoppable.).
    https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/leade...rd=3v3®ion=eu

I don't care about leaderboards, I care about what people bring to tournaments where they are fighting over a monetary prize pool, that is professional play, not the retail arena ladder. People aren't bringing ret to tournaments, there is a reason for that, if it were "OP" it would be getting brought to tournaments.

You might also go back to English class, because that post was painful to read.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-06-25 at 04:28 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Wait there is a use for bubble besides hearthing!? =)

I'll use it whenever I might lose if it's up - its a tool at my disposal, and I despise the horde. You can face me 1v1 honorably for a 10 min fight (I am prot), and yup, you guessed it, if I am about to die I am out of there.
    asking for honorable combat and then going "yeah, if im gonna die, im out" doesnt sound that honorable

If I'm going to die, of course. If I'm caught by surprise, or just don't want to fight I'll also do it. Why not.

No, I don't play a paladin anymore and I don't use warmode I can fully understand why some people do it, but it would seem faster to me to just accept your death, run back, wait a min for people to leave and res.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I use Bubble for the 50% cast time reduction when I'm gonna Hearth anyway. I really don't get why people do it to avoid fights. You're wasting even more time by Hearthing and having to travel back than by just dying and corpse running.

- - - Updated - - -

Dying and corpse running is going to be faster in 99% of cases.
    That's just a completely made up figure by you, first off.

Second, you severely oversimplify the matter. If I had to bubble hearth, you think I want to rez in 20 seconds to see your ugly mug again? Hell no. So then you may wait to rez. Or try to rez and hide. All of which takes time.

I will give you that you'll shave 20 seconds off the porting in some cases, but don't make silly statements with made up %'s.
    Voxnor the Fearless (Main - Protection Paladin)
    Atlas the Seeker (Alt - Frost Mage)
    Voxic the Proven Assailant (Alt - Assassination Rogue)

Honestly I think you mostly do it to piss people off when you are almost done with that place anyway. And considering you are doing it against ganker whose purpose is to piss you off, it's fair game. As for corpse runs, corpse runs in many zones can be quite messy; if you have an HS at the Boralus Harbor you can get pretty much anywhere fast.

lol @ people trying to Bubble Hearth.

This is why I have the banana. The greatest toy added to the game. Seeing a paladin slip over on it and breaking their cast, then standing looking incredibly confused, is one of the greatest things in game.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    lol @ people trying to Bubble Hearth.

This is why I have the banana. The greatest toy added to the game. Seeing a paladin slip over on it and breaking their cast, then standing looking incredibly confused, is one of the greatest things in game.
    So THAT'S what that was!
    Honestly, I think a paladin bubble hearthing on you is just part of the WoW experience. It's not wow if a paladin doesn't bubblehearth or a hunter doesn't fuck up everything with their pet and then feign death.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-07-12 at 07:01 AM.