Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    17,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No, it's the same exact conclusion.

    If you are a woman and can be afraid of men because there is data to support that you should fear for your life, the same exact data supports a fear of black people.

    You are discriminatory against men. Whether or not that is right is up to the eye of the beholder.
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?

  2. #202
    I haven't had any men get violent with me (outside of professional settings of course). I have had a random guy get super mad and yell at me for like casually turning him down. I wouldn't be so much afraid of guys getting physical, because I can destroy almost any guy in a physical confrontation, but I am still occasionally wary of guys. I've been drugged at a club before, and fortunately, I was with a bunch of friends who knew something had happened and got me home. There's also the constant threat of weaboo dudes finding out I'm technically Japanese and just annoying me to death.

  3. #203
    I actually did fear for my life relatively recently. I've had stalkers twice in my life, the second was a year ago. The first time was in college and there was this literal little person who hung out across from my brownstone all day staring at my apartment (which was pretty ballsy as I lived across from a police station) and would say hello to me when I'd walk to the el or go out for a jog. One day he asked me (completely with no lead-up) if we could go out on a date and I said no as I had a boyfriend. The next time he saw me he flew into a rage, saying that I was lying about the boyfriend and then tried following me in his car (he had some convertible with adjusted pedals). He actually drove onto the sidewalk and tried running me over. Obviously he could have done so if he really tried but I freaked out and ran into the closest store (he had been following me about a quarter of a mile at that point) and told the security guard what happened. Who rolled his eyes at me like "stupid white girl bitching about nothing". The cop who followed up had the same attitude, but when he called me back after they had talked to the guy he told me that the guy lived something like 50 miles away so his behavior was truly bizarre.

    The other incident was a lawyer from Brooklyn who lived in my neighborhood who met me at the coffee shop, who would try to run into me as I would walk my dog/grab coffee. I didn't mind talking to him but it started to get weird when he'd text me that he was walking down my street and would take photos of my local street signs. I gave him my number because I thought he wanted to network initially.

    Anyway, yeah there is a reason why women fear for their lives and I'm not exactly young or hot anymore, so I'm sure younger/hotter women worry. I was never the type to worry about such things but yet it still happened to me.

    Oh also there were some homeless dudes on the el who threatened to kill me when one of them asked me out and I said I wasn't interested. Thankfully my boyfriend picked me up from the el stop.

    I feel like I shared all of these stories before here so not much more to add than what has already been said.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    You are forgetting to cross the ethnicity data with the sex data. If you do that, you'll find that Women of any ethnicity are less likely to be violent than white men. Also, I'm still waiting to see the data you claim to have. You two are the ones claiming that white people are less prone to violence than other ethnicities, not me.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

    About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.

    That doesn't even account for the second-gen immigrants, they're counted as Swedish in their data. You can with relative accuracy state that about 70% of rapes in Sweden are committed by people who are not ethnic Swedes.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Not all women lie about being harassed/assaulted/raped, but you only need to bump into one lying bitch to have your life ruined. Fearing women is absolutely rational. It's self-defense. Lying women don't come with "bitch" written on their forehead.

    See what I did there?
    Yes, you did a pointless reversal that's not based on anything. It's word salad. False rape accusations are rare, and the rate of conviction for rape is low. In pretty much every country, rape is considered underreported. So you'll pretty much only be accused of rape if you rape.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

    About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.

    That doesn't even account for the second-gen immigrants, they're counted as Swedish in their data. You can with relative accuracy state that about 70% of rapes in Sweden are committed by people who are not ethnic Swedes.
    And how many of these rapists are men?

    Don't get me wrong, I think islamic religion and it's theocratic culture is despicable. Much of it because it's treatment of women, LGBT people and other minorities. But you can't run from the fact that these are men raping, not women.
    Last edited by AngryTenko; 2019-05-14 at 12:00 AM.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    You are forgetting to cross the ethnicity data with the sex data. If you do that, you'll find that Women of any ethnicity are less likely to be violent than white men. Also, I'm still waiting to see the data you claim to have. You two are the ones claiming that white people are less prone to violence than other ethnicities, not me.
    Let me spell this for you. I'm not claiming any of that right wing nonsense. You are the one using the same fucking right wing logic because it applies to men. It's pure hypocrisy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764 << here. I'm not suggesting to fear foreingers looking people Sweden or any of that other nonsense. You are doing that yourself. My stance is people should be treated as induviduals. You can be wary of strangers, but to especially consider men as violent is equivalent to considering foreigners as dangerous. I'm absolutely baffled people are blind to this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    And how many of these rapists are men?
    How many percent of men are rapists?

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    You're missing a key word here. "Arrests"

    I've called the police against an abusive wife, and all they did was show up and talk to us. No report or anything. How many times do you think cops just turn a blind eye to this sort of thing because it's a women doing it? There are judges that are quoted saying things like "if you were a man, I'd have you thrown in jail".

    If "my data is there", then you admit men are, indeed, disproportionally violent. Why shouldn't a woman be wary then? To spare your feelings?
    It's not necessarily that men are disproportionately violent. The fact is we don't have accurate numbers. Why? Because men don't report it as much as women. Think about it. One of the stereotypes that men are attributed to is that they don't ask for help. They'd be seen as weak.

    What is reported on is that women report it at a rate of 1 in 4, whereas men report it at the rate of 1 in 9. Who know how often a women is domestically assaulting their boyfriends/husbands and they don't report it.
    Last edited by urasim; 2019-05-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Let me spell this for you. I'm not claiming any of that right wing nonsense. You are the one using the same fucking right wing logic because it applies to men. It's pure hypocrisy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764 << here. I'm not suggesting to fear foreingers looking people Sweden or any of that other nonsense. You are doing that yourself. My stance is people should be treated as induviduals. You can be wary of strangers, but to especially consider men as violent is equivalent to considering foreigners as dangerous. I'm absolutely baffled people are blind to this.
    That's only good, it's easy to point out then how the men of your own country fare compared to those foreign men. The own men aren't so bad after all when compared to the foreigners.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?
    What did he say that was incorrect? I'm guessing you failed to understand what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?
    Well? Can you also not see the similarity?

    It's also not a science question. It's logic.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Let me spell this for you. I'm not claiming any of that right wing nonsense. You are the one using the same fucking right wing logic because it applies to men. It's pure hypocrisy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764 << here. I'm not suggesting to fear foreingers looking people Sweden or any of that other nonsense. You are doing that yourself. My stance is people should be treated as induviduals. You can be wary of strangers, but to especially consider men as violent is equivalent to considering foreigners as dangerous. I'm absolutely baffled people are blind to this.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How many percent of men are rapists?
    That would be an interesting information to have. Considering that rape is a very underreported crime, I'd say that's even more reason for any smart women to be wary of men. Specially in the situation mentioned by the OP, where there is a risk of the man becoming violent after a rejection.

    You also failed to mention that, in Sweden, each instance of rape is recorded individually by the police, so in a marital rape case, for example, a husband who rapes his wife frequently will have multiple counts of rape on his accusation. How many of these immigrant rapes were perpetrated against immigrant women?

  12. #212
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    11,930
    Rejection is what it is. As a grown man, I've dealt with it in stride. Take it as a learning experience, and be humble. It isn't hard. And trust me, I'm far from a good looking guy. You just have to respect other people's space, being friendly and cordial are important traits to have. Women respond more to guys who are respectful and compassionate than they do guys who think the only muscles that matter are their biceps and think with the one between their legs.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    And how many of these rapists are men?

    Don't get me wrong, I think islamic religion and it's theocratic culture is despicable. Much of it because it's treatment of women, LGBT people and other minorities. But you can't run from the fact that these are men raping, not women.
    Some countries don't even put women on trial for rape. Because it's in their law that women CAN'T rape. Like in the UK. The definition of rape is different for every country. So what your asking for is impossible to prove for many areas because of how corrupt the system is in favor of women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    So you'll pretty much only be accused of rape if you rape.
    Good to know. Now tell that to every man who got ever got falsely accused of rape. Not that long in Germany there has been a police report saying how about 10% of all rape claims are false. And I do mean FALSE, as in outright, malicious lies, not cases where there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction.

    Also, your "it doesn't happen often, therefore it's not a problem" logic is somewhat dumb. I could reverse it again, and say that rapes don't happen often, therefore they are not a problem. But I won't.

    And to borrow from your previous post, where you say men are disproportionately violent - I'm very curious how domestic violence statistic would look, if men actually started recognizing, and reporting it. I can safely say that pretty much every guy I knew in my life was getting abused by his gf/wife. Mostly it was psychological, a lot of putting him down for everything, a lot of manipulation, shit tests and stuff, but in quite many cases it was physical as well. Women know a man will never hit them back, so they feel emboldened. They know that even if they beat a guy to within an inch of his life, he very often won't do anything to protect himself, knowing it would only put him in more trouble once the police gets involved. With how biased police is thanks to bullshit Duluth Model, it's always the man who's automatically assumed to be the perpetrator in DV cases. But in real world, it's definitely not as one-sided as people (blindly) believe.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're missing a key word here. "Arrests"

    I've called the police against an abusive wife, and all they did was show up and talk to us. No report or anything. How many times do you think cops just turn a blind eye to this sort of thing because it's a women doing it? There are judges that are quoted saying things like "if you were a man, I'd have you thrown in jail".



    It's not necessarily that men are disproportionately violent. The fact is we don't have accurate numbers. Why? Because men don't report it as much as women. Think about it. One of the stereotypes that men are attributed to is that they don't ask for help. They'd be seen as weak.

    What is reported on is that women report it at a rate of 1 in 4, whereas men report it at the rate of 1 in 9. Who know how often a women is domestically assaulting their boyfriends/husbands and they don't report it.
    Oh, so all the murders and larceny are just "underreported" when there's a female perpetrator too?

    Are you honestly afraid of getting attacked by a woman if you reject her sexual advances? Or are you just playing devil's advocate?

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    THIS THIS THIS.

    and btw, also applies in reverse. if you are a woman (or a dude) who likes dudes and see a good looking one, reading a book with earphones on? they PROBABLY want to be alone and maybe don't bother them while they are reading and definitely take no for an answer if they go back to reading their book after you try to engage them.

  17. #217
    I got better things to do than look for a relationship, and even if I do I can take rejection and move on.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Good to know. Now tell that to every man who got ever got falsely accused of rape. Not that long in Germany there has been a police report saying how about 10% of all rape claims are false. And I do mean FALSE, as in outright, malicious lies, not cases where there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction.

    Also, your "it doesn't happen often, therefore it's not a problem" logic is somewhat dumb. I could reverse it again, and say that rapes don't happen often, therefore they are not a problem. But I won't.

    And to borrow from your previous post, where you say men are disproportionately violent - I'm very curious how domestic violence statistic would look, if men actually started recognizing, and reporting it. I can safely say that pretty much every guy I knew in my life was getting abused by his gf/wife. Mostly it was psychological, a lot of putting him down for everything, a lot of manipulation, shit tests and stuff, but in quite many cases it was physical as well. Women know a man will never hit them back, so they feel emboldened. They know that even if they beat a guy to within an inch of his life, he very often won't do anything to protect himself, knowing it would only put him in more trouble once the police gets involved. With how biased police is thanks to bullshit Duluth Model, it's always the man who's automatically assumed to be the perpetrator in DV cases. But in real world, it's definitely not as one-sided as people (blindly) believe.
    The difference, my friend, is that when women leave an abusive S.O., that's when he kills her. Women don't kill men who leave.

    Also, "men will never hit back" is utter bullshit. Men hit women all the time. What reality do you live in?

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Oh, so all the murders and larceny are just "underreported" when there's a female perpetrator too?
    No, that's insane. Stop to think about what you just said and what I said. You're clearly missing something. If you want me to explain it to you, I'll be happy to do so.

    Are you honestly afraid of getting attacked by a woman if you reject her sexual advances? Or are you just playing devil's advocate?
    Everyone is afraid of getting attacked physically. Especially if there are signs that your partner is like that. Are you denying that women attack men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    And if I'm in dire need of directions and she's the only one around, she better take off those headphones like a decent human being. If she's gonna act like an asshole, expect asshole behavior back.
    This culture lol. I mean, look at Tinder profiles. You see women write shit there that if it was written by a man would be considered maniac or rapist or a serial killer.
    But if you're a woman, it's fine.
    Double standards.
    Nobody's talking about not asking her for directions. This is more like telling her to pull out her headphones so you can tell her that "she'd be prettier if she smiled more" or some garbage like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •