Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Yes darn those phones for people just wanting to be left alone in public! Darned phones making everyone distant and reading books... oh wait..

Seriously I wouldn't want to be bothered by random strangers when reading a book somewhere in public. I'd say it's common sense and rather a clear image someone does not want to deal with random banter at the moment.
    Well what I said doesn't really apply to the OP case true. I'm just seeing that people have more withdrawn mentally now. I totally agree you shouldn't interrupt people reading books, but I just find it sad to see people can't be bothered to do any social interraction. By no means I like one myself. I like spending alone most of the time, but when I do go out in public it's always nice to have little interraction. On the other hand I can sort of understand getting lot of unwanted attention. No one really bothers me when I'm out.

Hmm my idea is more: like don't interrupt people when they are clearly busy, e.g. reading a book, but don't go too overboard in avoiding social interraction when out in the public. It might be annoying so tell them to leave, most reasonable people will understand and well assholes are gonna be assholes regardless and no matter what we say they are always going to be bother they are.

All I got from that post is "VIRTUE...VIRTUE...LOOK AT ME I'M SO VIRTUOUS!! NOTICE ME, OH PLEASE NOTICE ME!!!"

If I see a lady that interests me I'll approach them. If she's not interested she'll either tell me outright or hint at it and I'll move on. This reads like an actual beta male article you hear about but never expect to actually see.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Soooooo

We’re not allowed to talk to women? I tend to ask women out especially during dull moments with nothing to do like buses and planes.

If she said no, that’s where i stop
    Almost all men stop at that point. Even those "I walk for 20 hours through X city" videos show that men typically don't pursue. It's the tiny minority that's the problem, and we can say the same thing against women(that the tiny minority of them are crazy or violent).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How do these ideas apply to demographics other than 'male' that commit a 'disproportionate' amount of violent crime? I assume from your posts that you aren't right-wing...
    He's a bad faith poster, just ignore him and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    is very, very, very wrong. It does show the attitude that was mocked in the OP, the assumption by many men that no woman they find attractive can be just not interested into them-''she is a whore wanting a millionaire'' ''she is a feminazi'' ''like Khal Drogo thinking that women crying ''Noooo ! Nooo !'' is a sign they are turned on , her telling me ''move away creeep'' means in fact ''stalk me home and I will open my legs for you, migthy stallion''
    The OP is actually closer to some traditionalist sense of gender segregation. The claim they make is that all men who approach all women are wrong to do so and need to stay away because they're automatically creeps. This is a pretty surprisingly old-fashioned take on male sexuality and its relation to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Shall I wow you with my Japanese language skills that I learned specifically to watch anime in its original language and because I have a Japanese fetish? *tips fedora with my katana*

(I kid—I don’t speak any Japanese, don’t watch anime, nor have a Japanese fetish.)
    I don't speak any Japanese either. I know nothing about Japan. I'm probably not ethnically Japanese at all either (I'm betting on Malay or Thai or Filipina).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    People that don't need to be told that someone who has their head down in a book and listening to music on their headphones might not want to be disturbed can safely ignore the PSA.
    The PSA doesn't include the 'head down in a book' necessarily. Even so, approaching a woman in that state is completely fine. People want to meet others, even when they're reading a book and listening to music. Maybe the guy likes the book she's reading, maybe it's the start of a connection. We can't assume all women are anti-social. When she rebuffs your approach, that's when you respectfully leave.

ivan coyote is a dip shit. thats all i got from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Listening to music with headphones and reading a book doesn't require a smart phone. Headphones have been readily available since the 80s and books....well, let's just say they've been around a little bit longer than that...

People just wanting to be left alone isn't some new millennial trend.
    It's not new, but I've never seen something so distracting as it is nowadays. Saw someone riding a bicycle while holding a phone without looking ahead, almost crashed into her. It's a miracle they don't cause traffic accidents. People should at least pay attention to traffic/ other people on street.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And you expect people that dont know you to be able to differentiate between how you look and a Laotian, Cambodian, or Malaysian? That would be like expecting you to know by sight the difference in a Swede, a Dane, a Norwegian, and a Finn.
    So, then it's because she's Asian. That's not really any better. Did you even think before hitting submit reply?

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    From your link:

2017 estimated population 253,634,894
    Male 6,016,739

So 4.7% of the male population was arrested in relation to a crime. (Let's discount the fact that arrest doesn't equal guilty, shall we? Also, what you linked isn't even only violent crimes, but I don't feel like doing the math, so we'll give you the full count)

As long as you're arguing that women should be wary 5% of the time, I agree with you. Just because violent crimes are more likely to be committed by men, doesn't mean you should be afraid of men, because the VAST majority of men aren't violent.
    I mean this is a bad leap of logic. It seems like you are asserting that 1 out of 20 times you meet men they commit a crime on you, which is horrendously wrong. It's more likely 1 in 1,000,000,000.

The point he is trying to make is that since men and blacks disproportionately commit crimes, you should be afraid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    All I got from that post is "VIRTUE...VIRTUE...LOOK AT ME I'M SO VIRTUOUS!! NOTICE ME, OH PLEASE NOTICE ME!!!"

If I see a lady that interests me I'll approach them. If she's not interested she'll either tell me outright or hint at it and I'll move on. This reads like an actual beta male article you hear about but never expect to actually see.
    Nah someone people stalk and follow booth men and women even resorting to violence.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.

The guy who made this post is a loser trying to make himself look good for women by looking like a moron to other men. Some men already know this so its useless, the men who don't know this won't be convinced by this douche so it's a worthless cry for attention.

Personally, I don't ask women out unless I feel my chance for success is VERY high... I have only heard not interested once... because I don't try with some random. However, like I already said, some guys feel if you ask 100 random girls and get 99 No and one Yes it was all worth it. Never seen someone get violent from a no... and this guy CERTAINLY isn't convincing that guy otherwise.

I love how one sided this shit is. Women are just as violent as men are, but you don't see anyone bashing them, in fact you still see them bashing the man for being "weak". This is the problem with society in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I haven't had any men get violent with me (outside of professional settings of course). I have had a random guy get super mad and yell at me for like casually turning him down. I wouldn't be so much afraid of guys getting physical, because I can destroy almost any guy in a physical confrontation, but I am still occasionally wary of guys. I've been drugged at a club before, and fortunately, I was with a bunch of friends who knew something had happened and got me home. There's also the constant threat of weaboo dudes finding out I'm technically Japanese and just annoying me to death.
    Haha, so the biggest threat for you are desperate harcore-weaboos who'd settle for "technically japanese" while also being into self-proclaimed tsun-tsun (did I do that right?) muder-machines? You must be living in constant fear. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The guy who made this post is a loser trying to make himself look good for women by looking like a moron to other men. Some men already know this so its useless, the men who don't know this won't be convinced by this douche so it's a worthless cry for attention.

Personally, I don't ask women out unless I feel my chance for success is VERY high... I have only heard not interested once... because I don't try with some random. However, like I already said, some guys feel if you ask 100 random girls and get 99 No and one Yes it was all worth it. Never seen someone get violent from a no... and this guy CERTAINLY isn't convincing that guy otherwise.
    This is the thing I don't get. Obviously this PSA is just a virtue signal as a male feminist (can we start the timer for this guy ending up in a sex harassment scandal?), but even if we take his post as genuine, the guys who don't take no for an answer... they're just expected to take this guy's word for it? Ivan Coyote thinks he can convince these men who get violent from getting rejected by a girl by moralizing them over a Tweet.

Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.
    I don't get violent, not sure why anyone would. But I also don't interact with women at all unless they approach me first. Which never happens unless they're asking for directions.

Also, half of that post is bullshit. Then again, it's twitter, so par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I love how one sided this shit is. Women are just as violent as men are, but you don't see anyone bashing them, in fact you still see them bashing the man for being "weak". This is the problem with society in a nutshell.
    What do you mean "just as violent"? There are consistent differences in violence rates and methods taken between women and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Haha, so the biggest threat for you are desperate harcore-weaboos who'd settle for "technically japanese" while also being into self-proclaimed tsun-tsun (did I do that right?) muder-machines? You must be living in constant fear. :P
    I'm a retired pro fighter. I have no idea what that means, but I have had weaboos actually try to speak Japanese to me in what i assume is something to get my interest.

Men do you get violent
    Nah, when I'm in the mood to do that kind of thing I usually do it in volume. I'll approach at least 10 women in a given venue.

lol getting rejected means nothing to me, I wish I got rejected faster so I can move on. Don't be nice, just say no soon as I walk up lol.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019