Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the problem is... some guys take that answer for what its meant to be and leave you alone. and some... start getting defensive and argumentative and more insistent. and some even get angry. and you cannot tell which one its going to be by appearance alone. I WISH I could just say safely at any given time: i'm not interested, please leave me alone" because there are guys who for whatever reason so this as me being uppity and rude and start actualy getting annoyed with me. which is why I and so many women err on a side of caution and try to produce rejection in a way that doesn't anger whoever is approaching them. in a roundabout, awkward smile, trying to look back down to the book, monosyllabic answers way. sometimes - fake phone number way, ANYTHING that will get them to leave you alone without getting angry at you for daring not to want to give them attention.

if you never behaved that way? GOOD FOR YOU, keep being one of the good ones.

but the point still stands. 1. people do not owe anyone social interaction. 2. people do not owe anyone positive response or any response to flirtation. 3. being on public transit becasue you have to use it to get places is NOT an automatic openness for social interaction. its using public transit to get places. 4. asking someone for direction is not the same as flirting with them.

and this one is a personal for me - if i'm reading a book, and a stranger asks me what i'm reading, i will show them the title, but do NOT expect me to tell you the entire plot of the book, explain major themes or spend time discussing the book with you instead of you know... actualy reading it like I wanted to in a first place.

incidentally, example of a positive personal interaction i had with a dude the other day. I was walking down the street (rural street, so no pavement to walk on and i was the only one actualy walking, for clarity) the other day and he stopped his car and asked me if i needed a lift. it just so happened I was literally 2 minutes away from my destination, so i smiled, thanked him for the offer and declined and he said ok, have a nice day and drove off. He had a good reason to stop and ask, and he took no for an answer without arguing about it. THAT IS HOW YOU FUCKING DO IT.
    the problem is, they are directing this at all men, and its wrong of him to assume that all women want to be left alone, especially when there is insanity out there like reddit pages that privatize their board because men were "harassing" the women there trying to date them when they made that board for the intent of complaining about how they are single and no one wants to date them.

this is why the human race is going to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That isn't entirely true either, teachers assaulting young men are the most commonly REPORTED assault. The majority of society as a whole makes fun of men who are assaulted, this is a fact. There's plenty of men who get daterape drugged, there's plenty of men who get threatened with physical harm but don't do anything because we're taught from a young age that any kind of assault towards a woman and you're going to jail because nobody will believe you, there's plenty of married women who assault their husbands. Until society realizes that women are just as guilty as men are of being "violent" then nothing is going to change. Because everyone blames the man, if the man defends himself from a would be rape by punching the woman, she'll cry he tried to rape me and beat on me...and who's society going to believe? The woman.

This is further shown by a more recent incident with a streamer who was telling his fiancee to leave him alone, because he was 'working'(by streaming) and she started swinging on him and throwing things at him, he slapped her. The whole even caught on camera, but who got blamed? The male streamer, even though the assault he just received happened seconds PRIOR to him defending himself. All because she started crying after he smacked her...I'm sorry but society doesn't see females as aggressors even with proof. Meanwhile he had a temp account freeze while Twitch looked into it, charged were dropped by the police because she assaulted him first, twitch unfroze his account because she assaulted him first, but society still blames him and calls him a "wife-beater" with zero justification.
    The justification is that he slapped her. I've also seen the video and if you're dating someone who acts like that the answer is to not escalate the situation and disengage, call the police if appropriate and maybe not stay in a shitty relationship where two people are hitting and throwing things at each other. Self-defense is not an applicable argument considering that he got up to approach and hit her.

Completely ridiculous that you're trying to portray him as an innocent victim when he's not. Your other comments are also questionable and you need some data/sources for that. I am well aware that women can be and often are aggressors but your comments lean towards over exaggeration.

I get the idea behind not wanting to be bothered sometimes - but simply having a book and headphones in doesn't imply you don't want to be bothered. Lots of people in their 20s have headphones in all the time. I would rather just listen to music than the hustle and bustle of the street or store or gym or wherever. Obviously a "no" is a fucking no, but its really ridiculous to expressly state having headphones in your ears means "don't talk to me."

I mean, if I listened to the advice of every crazy person on MMO-C, I would literally never be allowed to talk to a woman. In a similar thread as this I posed a question about approaching a girl at work for a date. I thought she had been flirting with me. She had also recently gotten a haircut, so I asked the good people of MMO-C "would it be improper to start the conversation by complimenting her hair?" And of course a few loons said that would be harassment, that she didn't get her haircut for me. That she doesn't exist for me. That women don't exist for me, and its sexist and wrong to approach her at work! She was just trying to work! Well it turns out that the advice was wrong, the girl ended up (angrily, in a funny way) approaching me weeks later about a date. It was rather embarrassing for me for her to ask how I was too daft to see the "signs..." I took the advice from MMO-C on proper etiquette for talking to women in public.

Again, take a no as no, just as you as a man would expect. But it isn't wrong to approach a person in most settings outside of something like a fucking funeral. Just because there is a slight chance that an exchange "might" make "some" people uncomfortable doesn't mean shit. I don't think the whole "some men get violent" argument is a very good one to support this thread either. Some men get violent and hurt other men. Should we just throw them all in jail since that possibility exists? To use an extreme, some children lie and steal, should we also constantly, always, be suspicious of every child? It seems like these kinds of prejudices are only okay when talking about a specific type of person, otherwise, they magically seem stupid.

Again, I will never argue that being violent, pushy, possessive, or demanding of a stranger is okay, but speaking to one isn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I get the idea behind not wanting to be bothered sometimes - but simply having a book and headphones in doesn't imply you don't want to be bothered. Lots of people in their 20s have headphones in all the time. I would rather just listen to music than the hustle and bustle of the street or store or gym or wherever. Obviously a "no" is a fucking no, but its really ridiculous to expressly state having headphones in your ears means "don't talk to me."

I mean, if I listened to the advice of every crazy person on MMO-C, I would literally never be allowed to talk to a woman. In a similar thread as this I posed a question about approaching a girl at work for a date. I thought she had been flirting with me. She had also recently gotten a haircut, so I asked the good people of MMO-C "would it be improper to start the conversation by complimenting her hair?" And of course a few loons said that would be harassment, that she didn't get her haircut for me. That she doesn't exist for me. That women don't exist for me, and its sexist and wrong to approach her at work! She was just trying to work! Well it turns out that the advice was wrong, the girl ended up (angrily, in a funny way) approaching me weeks later about a date. It was rather embarrassing for me for her to ask how I was too daft to see the "signs..." I took the advice from MMO-C on proper etiquette for talking to women in public.

Again, take a no as no, just as you as a man would expect. But it isn't wrong to approach a person in most settings outside of something like a fucking funeral. Just because there is a slight chance that an exchange "might" make "some" people uncomfortable doesn't mean shit. I don't think the whole "some men get violent" argument is a very good one to support this thread either. Some men get violent and hurt other men. Should we just throw them all in jail since that possibility exists? To use an extreme, some children lie and steal, should we also constantly, always, be suspicious of every child? It seems like these kinds of prejudices are only okay when talking about a specific type of person, otherwise, they magically seem stupid.

Again, I will never argue that being violent, pushy, possessive, or demanding of a stranger is okay, but speaking to one isn't wrong.
    I agree with everything you're saying. Be respectful obviously but the fine people of mmoc have no idea how to approach women. Most are too shy and cringey and assume you are too and so they believe its not worth the "inevitable" rejection. Most the women here have some really serious issues and believe all women in the world just want to be left alone and make it safely home to their cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Or, wait for her to approach you... that works too.
    ahahah

I wonder how often it happens if it happens at all

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.

That doesn't even account for the second-gen immigrants, they're counted as Swedish in their data. You can with relative accuracy state that about 70% of rapes in Sweden are committed by people who are not ethnic Swedes.
    This is mostly because 3 high risk factors meet up in immigrants far more than in the native population, young, male and poor. If you do statistics on how many women in their 90s are Swedes and how many are foreign born you will find that one group is damned near 100% and shockingly, they tend to be a lot less rapey.

that Ivan Coyote seems like a loud mouth kiss ass. "maybe if i stick up for her she will pay attention to me." she won't. take your own advice douche bag.

ot: as a man, no i never got violent from being rejected. that's ridiculous.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    ahahah

Terrible advice because it rarely happens but tbf, that's how I met my fiance. She was my sisters friend and at my nieces birthday party she came up, slapped me on the ass, and started talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    This is mostly because 3 high risk factors meet up in immigrants far more than in the native population, young, male and poor. If you do statistics on how many women in their 90s are Swedes and how many are foreign born you will find that one group is damned near 100% and shockingly, they tend to be a lot less rapey.
    Rape is not a crime that is tied to poverty. It's tied to people who want to exercise power over others, to humiliate, misogyny and these kind of things, people don't go rape because they don't have money. Saying it's about poverty in a country like Sweden when people commit crime is nothing short of a joke. You can't be poor in Sweden, the state will take care of you. Those immigrants get more in benefits than I make in a fucking month working. Don't come act like they're living in poverty.
    Last edited by Darya; 2019-05-14 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Terrible advice because it rarely happens but tbf, that's how I met my fiance. She was my sisters friend and at my nieces birthday party she came up, slapped me on the ass, and started talking to me.
    you could have sued her and taken all her stuff, instead you married her and you have to share your stuff. hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    ahahah

It happens more often than I think people realize but - at the same time, how often do men also realize a girl is hitting on them?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It happens more often than I think people realize but - at the same time, how often do men also realize a girl is hitting on them?
    man that's the truth. i could have been a dick slinging mad man in high school. girls would always trace the numbers on my back when i wore my football jersey on game days, jump on my back for piggy back rides in gym class, let me use their butts as a pillow during homeroom, invite me to shit...

i was too much of a wiener to realize i was being hit on. always was just like "nah, they're just being nice. im totally friend zoned with her" etc. comes from being the fat kid growing up, but during high school i was only like 30 lbs overweight, so not that fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    you could have sued her and taken all her stuff, instead you married her and you have to share your stuff. hmmmm
    Well when you put it that way....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    man that's the truth. i could have been a dick slinging mad man in high school. girls would always trace the numbers on my back when i wore my football jersey on game days, jump on my back for piggy back rides in gym class, let me use their butts as a pillow during homeroom, invite me to shit...

i was too much of a wiener to realize i was being hit on. always was just like "nah, they're just being nice. im totally friend zoned with her" etc. comes from being the fat kid growing up, but during high school i was only like 30 lbs overweight, so not that fat.
    I'm not a rocket scientist, however, if a man or a woman lets you use their ass as a freaking pillow...

But, I get it. Sometimes people just have to grab the man by the balls, almost literally, to make them realize - "Hey, I like you."

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The justification is that he slapped her. I've also seen the video and if you're dating someone who acts like that the answer is to not escalate the situation and disengage, call the police if appropriate and maybe not stay in a shitty relationship where two people are hitting and throwing things at each other. Self-defense is not an applicable argument considering that he got up to approach and hit her.

Completely ridiculous that you're trying to portray him as an innocent victim when he's not. Your other comments are also questionable and you need some data/sources for that. I am well aware that women can be and often are aggressors but your comments lean towards over exaggeration.
    He is a victim, the fact that you want to make him out to be the villain is ridiculous. He starts to get up only because she swings at him, watch the video again. He jerks a second before he even gets out of the chair to avoid a fist to the face. The problem is, he has called the police, they did nothing because he's a man, he's posted pictures of his ongoing abuse from her with bruises and cuts, but people don't care because he's a man. You right there made my entire point, so thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Is this thread basically about "if you try to have a conversation with me in public it is literally rape"??
    Can I shake your hand?

Also, can you take back the Horde, please? I promise to drop stealing my damn kill in Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Rape is not a crime that is tied to poverty. It's tied to people who want to exercise power over others, to humiliate, misogyny and these kind of things, people don't go rape because they don't have money. Saying it's about poverty in a country like Sweden when people commit crime is nothing short of a joke. You can't be poor in Sweden, the state will take care of you. Those immigrants get more in benefits than I make in a fucking month working. Don't come act like they're living in poverty.
    Poor is a relative term and it is very much tied to all violent crime. Did you think I was talking about nutrition? A feeling of not belonging and being an outsider is linked to socioeconomic circumstances and linked to violence.

As for the rest of your random rightwing populism message... lol

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Often those signs are just the same as people here say you shouldn't take. As with the guy that recently mentioned the haircut. It's a conflict between people saying "she's just being nice to you" and actual signs.

At least in my experience from hearing from past gfs or female friends and their signs they send out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No idea what that post was for tbh. Seems to talk a lot for others. While true for some it's not true for everyone. I do agree on that if someone says no you should ofc respect that but the post seems like you shouldn't approach anyone rather than respecting a no.
    I do. This guy is called a 'nice guy.' A nice guy is a guy who first looks over his shoulder to make sure you are watching, then does something 'nice' or 'thoughtful.'

The goal is always the same - sex or money. In this case, it is sex. This guy genuinely believes that if he shows how much of a nice guy he is, women will have sex with him.

People use the means they have to attract the other sex.

If you are funny, you make her laugh.
    If you are hot, you turn her on just by visuals alone.
    If you are confident, you turn her on by making her feel secure.
    If you are rich and powerful, you get her by throwing money at her.

Now what happens if you are a manipulative incel? Thats right - you attempt to manipulate her into getting with you. You do this by doing the above - pretending to be nice. But again, you only act nice after first looking over your shoulder and making sure someone is watching.

Another word for these people are 'male feminists' and they are notoriously dangerous for women to be around. Because if you don't give the nice guy what he wants, thats when shit turns ugly - rape, assault, blackmail, slander - anything can happen once you've upset a male feminist.

^ here is a very long video of all of the known male feminists back in 2017 that became rapists, murderers, or other forms of sexual predators.

https://www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/

^ here is a whole subreddit dedicated to not just the male feminist sex criminals, but also the other shit they do, like blackmail, harassment and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He is a victim, the fact that you want to make him out to be the villain is ridiculous. He starts to get up only because she swings at him, watch the video again. He jerks a second before he even gets out of the chair to avoid a fist to the face. The problem is, he has called the police, they did nothing because he's a man, he's posted pictures of his ongoing abuse from her with bruises and cuts, but people don't care because he's a man. You right there made my entire point, so thanks for that.
    I didn't say he was the villain, I said he wasn't blameless. I have watched the video more than once and do not need to watch it again. His behavior was inappropriate and is not defensible legally due to him physically getting up out of his chair to hit her. If this is an ongoing issue then he needs to leave this relationship. You're circle jerking with yourself.

Ignore me all you want to though. I guarantee you that you won't end up liking the consequences if you engage in similar behavior with another individual, be it man or woman.