Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Strawberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bennett View Post
    who the fuck goes up to someone and asks for sex lmfao, and then who the fuck is not offended by that? Stop lying lol
    i said i haven't seen it happen.

It's really simple. Most guys aren't creeps and won't pressure a woman or react badly if she rejects him. Women aren't thinking that though in that situation - you're thinking "what if this guy is part of the minority of guys that will do something violent/ rude if I turn him down?" We all know creeps exist, and I don't think it's necessarily a woman's fault for being cautious or paranoid when the guy hitting on them could be a predator. It's not likely, but it could happen.

I'm a guy, I'm over 6ft and around 200lbs, very few women in the world pose a threat to me if they approach me from the front, you gotta put yourself in the shoes of a woman where this isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Another thought is that in this internet era, socialization has lessened significantly.

Social cues, mannerisms, etc have not been learned enough.

Just a possibility
    Hardly. I'm just old enough to have experienced both offline and online dating (being 34, keep in mind that in my early to mid 20's social media was still a total novelty, hell there were even people in my early 20's and late teens who didn't have cellphones).

Creeps and assholes were just as abundant if not more abundant than now. I bartended in college, and holy hell have seen some epic creepy and over the top aggresive shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Socially inept or racist people.
    Why racist though, did you mean sexist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why racist though, did you mean sexist?
    No, racist. They think I'm a prostitute because I'm thai.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Came across this... piece... and Im going to hold off my own personal opinions on it.

I have hit on women and been rejected. I've never felt angry or turned violent. In fact, Its a humbling experience connecting with someone, all the planets align together, I take my shot AND.......... BOOM! Rejected.

I have landed dates and I have passed on dates. Been on every side of the spectrum and I have yet to feel angry, anxious or turn violent.

But thats JUST me, so im asking if anyone has experienced this OR know someone who has and would like your thoughts on this.
    I'm not going to hold off my personal opinions on it. It's great!
    Even though you know for yourself that you're not going to go mental and turn violent when your pride takes a hit, you shouldn't have to involve the girl at all in your little game. She wants nothing to do with you, so why be an annoying prick? I read today about a girl that was playing on her Switch on the airplane, with headphones on, and the guy sitting next to her, was waving to get her attention, and then started asking a lot of personal questions. I mean, where does this arrogance come from? How can people be so self-obsessed that they don't consider that the other person just wants to be left alone? Not every public space is a dating arena with girls looking for a good time, so give it a rest.
    Mother pus bucket!

I agree if someone is persistent after being rejected, but he's going as far as to say to not even bother women at all.

No one should feel afraid for their lives... no one should feel ashamed to meet someone new...

We're all on this planet to fuck and make babies, everything else is just stuff to pass the time until we die. Don't let some white knight male feminist who doesn't know shit about that, tell you how to live your life.

And it works both ways, I've experienced quite a few overbearing girls who didn't get the hint after the first rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    A lot of #notallmen itt
    What's wrong with bring tall? D=

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    SJW white knight thread.
    I have yet in my 35 years of age see a woman get bothered by a guy at a bus stop who's asking her for her number, Facebook, sex, etc. NOT ONCE.
    Shit, I have asked women at bus stops or trains but it was for directions.
    Fucking anti-man propaganda everywhere in this shit age. What, are we not supposed to turn to women at all to ask for stuff and just go talk to men?
    Fucking hell...
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Who the fuck goes up to someone and asks for sex lmfao, and then who the fuck is not offended by that? Stop lying lol
    I had a friend in high school who'd go up to women and say: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

...Worst part is it worked a few times. Guy was a complete dick, cut ties with em but they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I had a friend in high school who'd go up to women and say: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

...Worst part is it worked a few times. Guy was a complete dick, cut ties with em but they do exist.
    I saw someone do that back when I was 13, everyone laughed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post

I imagine he was good looking if it actually worked, plus everyone wants to fuck at that age. I imagine a 30 year old man trying that in a bar would not get very far

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I see, well people think lots of silly things I guess

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I'm not going to hold off my personal opinions on it. It's great!
    Even though you know for yourself that you're not going to go mental and turn violent when your pride takes a hit, you shouldn't have to involve the girl at all in your little game. She wants nothing to do with you, so why be an annoying prick? I read today about a girl that was playing on her Switch on the airplane, with headphones on, and the guy sitting next to her, was waving to get her attention, and then started asking a lot of personal questions. I mean, where does this arrogance come from? How can people be so self-obsessed that they don't consider that the other person just wants to be left alone? Not every public space is a dating arena with girls looking for a good time, so give it a rest.
    This is exactly why it's annoying and what some guys aren't going to get.

If I'm sitting by myself, headphones on, minding my own business, not in a great mood just trying to get something done then no I don't want to be approached by you. If you insist on probing me with weirdly personal questions in an attempt to "get to know me" then we're already on a bad foot because like every other sane human being I don't want to be badgered with this kind of borderline interrogation while I'm just trying to live my life. And voicing that I'm not interested often doesn't work or at best often hurting a stranger's feelings where they didn't need to be.

Men need to understand the concept of time and place if they don't want to come off as weird. There are places to meet potential girlfriends, and airports and sidewalks are not them. Pay attention to stuff like body language and you might actually get better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    A lot of #notallmen itt
    Because most men are not in prison for sexual assault or rape, funnily enough.

I'm sorry for your discomfort, I've seen this actually a lot with people in know and in games. Any girl/person that says they're from Thailand is usually accused of that or being a "ladyboy"(from my own experience). :/

My mom literally met my dad while she was reading a book at a bus stop

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    My mom literally met my dad while she was reading a book at a bus stop
    wholesome content

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    I have headphones on anytime I'm out and about. I'll happily engage with others who attempt to engage with me. If I'm reading a book with earbuds on and music blaring; feel free to chat with me.

Yeah, sure, don't be a dick and start wiling out because they turned you down, but there's no reason to infantalize other people. Just be aware you're probably going to irritate the other party a little bit because you're interrupting them, and don't be a dick if they're not interested. ezpz.

There is a right time and place for everything. Sometimes that still being told no. Which is totally fine!

Being rejected is part of life. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone horrible to me just because I asked. If anything they’re more polite. It’s ok to like someone not into you. But when they say no that’s it move on in my experience.

Violence is only required if someone is trying to harm or kill you.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Everyone is 'picky' to some degree. You cant tell us that you prefer fat, old, ugly, poor or conservative over the alternatives, why should anyone else?
    Correct. What is the funny bit is the assumption by edgelords that THEY are a hot item. To take the extremely obvious point, being ''fat'', which is something Americans should be careful before throwing around, is a serious healthcare problem in the USA...that affects more males. by 5-10%