Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    No, racist. They think I'm a prostitute because I'm thai.
    I'm sorry for your discomfort, I've seen this actually a lot with people in know and in games. Any girl/person that says they're from Thailand is usually accused of that or being a "ladyboy"(from my own experience). :/

My mom literally met my dad while she was reading a book at a bus stop

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    I have headphones on anytime I'm out and about. I'll happily engage with others who attempt to engage with me. If I'm reading a book with earbuds on and music blaring; feel free to chat with me.

Yeah, sure, don't be a dick and start wiling out because they turned you down, but there's no reason to infantalize other people. Just be aware you're probably going to irritate the other party a little bit because you're interrupting them, and don't be a dick if they're not interested. ezpz.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a right time and place for everything. Sometimes that still being told no. Which is totally fine!

Being rejected is part of life. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone horrible to me just because I asked. If anything they’re more polite. It’s ok to like someone not into you. But when they say no that’s it move on in my experience.

Violence is only required if someone is trying to harm or kill you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Everyone is 'picky' to some degree. You cant tell us that you prefer fat, old, ugly, poor or conservative over the alternatives, why should anyone else?
    Correct. What is the funny bit is the assumption by edgelords that THEY are a hot item. To take the extremely obvious point, being ''fat'', which is something Americans should be careful before throwing around, is a serious healthcare problem in the USA...that affects more males. by 5-10%

No but I am annoyed by how they will keep trying unless I say I'm married. They only stop because I'm someones wife, not because I'm not interested in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I had a friend in high school who'd go up to women and say: "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

...Worst part is it worked a few times. Guy was a complete dick, cut ties with em but they do exist.
    I’ve for sure 100% done that and it has worked. But no matter what I’ve always got 100% the correct response to it whether it was a yes or no.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    And if I'm in dire need of directions and she's the only one around, she better take off those headphones like a decent human being. If she's gonna act like an asshole, expect asshole behavior back.
    This culture lol. I mean, look at Tinder profiles. You see women write shit there that if it was written by a man would be considered maniac or rapist or a serial killer.
    But if you're a woman, it's fine.
    Double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    And if I'm in dire need of directions and she's the only one around, she better take off those headphones like a decent human being. If she's gonna act like an asshole, expect asshole behavior back.
    This culture lol. I mean, look at Tinder profiles. You see women write shit there that if it was written by a man would be considered maniac or rapist or a serial killer.
    But if you're a woman, it's fine.
    Double standards.
    What you're saying makes sense. In a world where half of serial killers and rapists are women.

Also this is about unwanted advances, not asking directions.

Why do I have the feeling someone should send the FBI over to the guy that wrote the twitter post? Ah yes, because usually these are the true predators out there.. pssh tell your friends .

If my 30+ years on this rock drifting through the abyss have taught me anything, then it's that only the daring get anywhere in life, but there are obviously limits. Personally, if I could I would snap myself in my own plane of existence, so I sure as hell won't talk to some random bimbo on a bus stop, especially if she wears ridiculously oversized headphones in public. She would essentially be in the same category as the naked hobo 2 seats further down with a newspaper for a hat.

If you want the true culprits of random small talk look no further than the elderly. They are the ones that keep trying to strike up a conversation with me... I have no idea what is wrong with old people, but for some reason they they can't take a hint either. I once met a granny that was kinda pissed after I tried to subtle tell her that I would rather read my book, so either the granny was one hell of horn dog and probably possessend by the evil spirit of a (white) male, or I conclude from that, in the past conversation with strangers was probably less offensive and just wonder when it changed..?

As for not being able to take a no.. there are essentially 2 reasons for getting a no.
    A. She is not interested
    B. She plays hard to get
    Both mean she isn't worth the time investment. While I've seen plenty of guys succeed despite getting a no (perserverance and all that bullshit), I personally never bothered after that, even though it's usually not that hard to see which "no" means "try a bit more". That shit is on the same level als elementry school boys trying to get the attention of girls by playing pranks on them..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Ivan Coyote is one of the coolest names I've ever heard. And also, he's right.

If some chick is wearing headphones AND reading a book at a bus stop, she doesn't have the survival skills necessary for her to be worth hitting on. Why impair yourself audibly AND visually while sitting only inches from the road where steel death machines are whizzing by at 60mph?

Leaver her alone, boys. She's trouble.
    No shit. I would never walk around with my phone in my face and my headphones on. You're just ASKING to get robbed or to get hit by a car if you're doing that. Spacial awareness. You have it. Use it.

Fucking hell the amount of people I see driving in the city with one hand on the wheel and their phone in the other is mind blowing now.

As for "Ivan Coyote." Jesus christ what a name to have anyway. Most women aren't "nice" because they're in fear for their life. They're nice because it's the courteous fucking thing to do. If they don't like you or they want you to stay away from them they can do the first thing everyone else does in this day and age when other people are around. Call for fucking help or start screaming they are being harassed, I guaranfuckingtee that the person talking to them will turn around and start walking the other direction because of the amount of crazy they're giving off to begin with.

The white knight the OP posted is a moron that doesn't have any idea how to have a conversation. Or how to read people. Or how to avoid people that are trouble. To begin with this sounds like a huge strawman post that he put up because he had nothing else to talk about anyway. Who hits on women at bus stops that wear headsets and are buried in their phones? Morons?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-05-13 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I agree if someone is persistent after being rejected, but he's going as far as to say to not even bother women at all.
    Talking to a strange girl can be enough for them to be bothered. You don't have to threaten them, or stalk them to step over the line.
    Should one never talk to a strange girl? No, but there is a time and a place for it, and it's usually not on the bus or anything like that.

No one should feel afraid for their lives... no one should feel ashamed to meet someone new...
    If you bother people, and you don't use your head or care about their comfort, then you should be ashamed.

We're all on this planet to fuck and make babies, everything else is just stuff to pass the time until we die. Don't let some white knight male feminist who doesn't know shit about that, tell you how to live your life.
    That's horseshit, because we aren't some primitive life-form that are slaves to our most basic urges. "Sorry that I grabbed your pussy, I'm a guy, and nature tells me to fuck as much as I can, so I'm excused." It doesn't work like that. We have a society, we have laws, we have a hundred million things that give us meaning. I pity people who lives only for sexual conquest.

And it works both ways, I've experienced quite a few overbearing girls who didn't get the hint after the first rejection.
    I don't think the statistics are in our favor.
    Mother pus bucket!

If a guy won't take no for an answer, the woman should just tell them they have the clap. That'll dissuade any further advancement.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT entitled incels
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Talking to a strange girl can be enough for them to be bothered. You don't have to threaten them, or stalk them to step over the line.
    Should one never talk to a strange girl? No, but there is a time and a place for it, and it's usually not on the bus or anything like that.
    See you and me agree until that last part... who decides when it's the time and place? Have you never socialized with a stranger on a bus before? Is it offensive to strike up a conversation on a bus? No it's not. If you do and the other doesn't want to, then yes stop talking to them, but you're ridiculous if you think one person can't strike up a conversation with another in public, especially on a public transit.

If you bother people, and you don't use your head or care about their comfort, then you should be ashamed.
    That's a wonderful point that I agree with, but has nothing to do with what I said :/

That's horseshit, because we aren't some primitive life-form that are slaves to our most basic urges. "Sorry that I grabbed your pussy, I'm a guy, and nature tells me to fuck as much as I can, so I'm excused." It doesn't work like that. We have a society, we have laws, we have a hundred million things that give us meaning. I pity people who lives only for sexual conquest.
    This is a strawman, try again.
    I don't think the statistics are in our favor.
    And what statistics would that be? Have you been asked or polled by any of these statistics, because I haven't.

Maybe you're just dressing like a hooker, and seeing racism everywhere, even when it's not there.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Socially inept or racist people.
    Socially inept I can see, but when did it become 'racist' to ask for sex? Or is now the definition of the word so warped that it equals anything and everything we dont like or dont agree with?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have guys just step up and say 'since you are thai then you must be a prostitute, wanna have sex?'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Going to bet that it's more or less the same as men fearing the gold-diggers and thots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Maybe you're just dressing like a hooker, and seeing racism everywhere, even when it's not there.
    I was wondering the same.. well that or if it's a sweden thing, because I haven't heard of anyone expecting a thai hooker outside of a street in thailand.. but maybe I'm just weird.