Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyO View Post
    Let's be honest, LFG system is wayyy better then having to spam chat for people. At least you're not totally blind with LFG. I'd rather be able to at least see what people have killed then be completely blind as to what their experience is.

    I played vanilla, I know how brutal it was to get groups.
    Call me a masochist, but I liked how hard it was to get groups. It made doing dungeons feel much more meaningful. But... I also didn't really care about "accomplishing" anything when I played. If I "got nothing done" after logging in for an hour or two, it was usually fine because I still had fun chatting and farting around.

    I think the benefits of LFD/LFR do not outweigh the downfall (destroyed community). Because LFD/LFR make the experience WAY to close to a single-player game... and let's face it, WoW is a shitty single-player game. If I wanted a convenient, solo-friendly game... I would play a WAY better one.

  2. #142
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Call me a masochist, but I liked how hard it was to get groups. It made doing dungeons feel much more meaningful. But... I also didn't really care about "accomplishing" anything when I played. If I "got nothing done" after logging in for an hour or two, it was usually fine because I still had fun chatting and farting around.

    I think the benefits of LFD/LFR do not outweigh the downfall (destroyed community). Because LFD/LFR make the experience WAY to close to a single-player game... and let's face it, WoW is a shitty single-player game. If I wanted a convenient, solo-friendly game... I would play a WAY better one.
    I get your point. I just don't have the same time as I used to when I played Vanilla. We're talking 15 or so years ago. I think a lot of people that played Vanilla don't want to spend hours looking for people and then it falling apart so quickly.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's coming! A BETA announcement is imminent.

    Some signs:

    Towellie twitch stream has a 24 hour timer and a heading: "When You Realize SOON…Is Happening | Timers Are Weird"

    Another streamer, MrGM, has tweeted an image of a Vanilla Coke with the words "Gonna drink this one on Wednesday I think ☺️"

    Get ready guys!
    Towellie?? Oh! You mean that insolent, annoying and unthankful AF streamer whom I can't stand for more than 30 seconds? Yeah bro, I'd definitely take anything he says or does seriously!

    Edit:
    Totally forgot to throw in greedy and self-overloving in the short list in regards to that bighead.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-05-14 at 02:09 PM.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    And yet despite it's flaws... it grew to 7 million+ players... TBC to 11 million plus, and WotLK to 12 million+ NEVER dropping in subscriber numbers.

    It has 7m subs not because it's vanilla. it had 7m subscribers because the concept of an MMO game was new back then and everyone wanted to try it.

    Vanilla as it is today will never compete with retail no matter how authentic #noChanges it gets.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Public Beta announced tomorrow, released next Tuesday (05/21).
    Release Date announced tomorrow, released August 20th or 27th.

    It benefits blizzard greatly to release classic towards the end of summer. (Especially for Q3 filings).
    Summer ends near end of September. August would be nearer the middle. September, as always, seems safest option with all honesty.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyO View Post
    I get your point. I just don't have the same time as I used to when I played Vanilla. We're talking 15 or so years ago. I think a lot of people that played Vanilla don't want to spend hours looking for people and then it falling apart so quickly.
    You do know the average age of players in vanilla was 28? I know! The way people talk most players were 12!

  7. #147
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    You do know the average age of players in vanilla was 28? I know! The way people talk most players were 12!
    Yeah I was 16. My point was, I had little to no responsibilities then. I had the time to wait and search for people.

  8. #148
    The Lightbringer TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    LFG addon would be okey really, since it's just the same as spamming LFG. You'd still have to talk with each other, run to the instance, befriend or be-enemy? each other. You'll add people you like on your friend list and yes, LFG addons were a thing already in vanilla =)
    No it wouldn't be.
    You do that shit in trade / lfg

  9. #149
    I hope the release day will be 15/8 its my favorite day !! My name day

  10. #150
    This better not just be some pre-recorded footage they made in Irvine.

  11. #151
    Tipsout just basically announced Classic Beta. He said today we'll see what we'll be playing a few months from now.

    https://www.twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby/cl...e=7d&sort=time

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Tipsout just basically announced Classic Beta. He said today we'll see what we'll be playing a few months from now.

    https://www.twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby/cl...e=7d&sort=time
    Fucking pre-recorded Irvine footage. Goddammit.

  13. #153
    Field Marshal WintertodtChat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kingdom of Great Kourend
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    You're in for a big shock. mark my words for next year when everyone goes back to retail cause vanilla sucks :P
    You're an idiot.

    Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-14 at 04:39 PM.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Fucking pre-recorded Irvine footage. Goddammit.
    What if it's pre-recorded footage they made in Irvine?

  15. #155
    Guys just bear this in mind if it is Classic Beta.

    Us random forum posters won't be getting in first. It'll be all these streamers for the sake of PR. Which is sad of course.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guys just bear this in mind if it is Classic Beta.

    Us random forum posters won't be getting in first. It'll be all these streamers for the sake of PR. Which is sad of course.
    I don't expect to get in period. Lol. I'm okay with that, though. Not sure I want to ruin my first experience in Vanilla World of Warcraft.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I don't expect to get in period. Lol. I'm okay with that, though. Not sure I want to ruin my first experience in Vanilla World of Warcraft.
    I love Alpha and Betas personally. Because unlike half these streamers getting in who will play for 10 mins a day doing bugger all on Twitch I'll actually go out of my way to look for bugs and report them.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    What if it's pre-recorded footage they made in Irvine?
    That would mean beta isn't out yet, which would suck. But Tips Out seems pretty excited so I think it's more than that.

  19. #159
    Elemental Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    8,972
    If all this hype ends up being nothing I will seriously laugh... xD
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If all this hype ends up being nothing I will seriously laugh... xD
    Inb4 its a trailer for TBC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •