Question for the lucky beta testers

Hello,

Just posting to ask about how Classic feels compared to what you can remember from Vanilla?

And for you guys who have never played Vanilla; how does Classic feel compared to your expectations?

You should chill with this question a little bit, maybe after the first stress test. Because very very few have access to beta atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    Hello,

Just posting to ask about how Classic feels compared to what you can remember from Vanilla?

And for you guys who have never played Vanilla; how does Classic feel compared to your expectations?

Am in beta, and played in vanilla - and for what it's worth I'm not a streamer; I'm just a 'nobody' player who started playing the day the game released.

Honestly I expected not to like Classic because I remember so clearly how tough it was to level, and I really enjoy all of the quality of life changes Blizzard has implemented over the years.

Starting with the caveat that I've only played for a few hours, I have to say I've been pretty shocked at (a) how much I'm enjoying the beta and (b) the flood of memories that playing beta has sparked.

How does it feel? It feels spot-on - everything from the sense of wonder at just how perfectly dark and dreary Brill is (am playing an undead priest), to the rates of mana and health regen, to what it's like to actually have to whack a mob with my mace because I'm out of mana, lol, to being somewhere between amused and appalled at my appearance in those pre-transmog days, to realizing I need to pay for my training and that I have...no money.

I really love studying my talent tree and thinking about options and combined specs. I even looked around to see if I could find my old notes on a great smite-based spec that I used back in the day for pre-level 40 leveling. It made for a nice steady leveling experience and also allowed me to do good healing (didn't find the notes, unfortunately, but I think I'll be able to sort out the main talents...).

And that leads to something I had entirely forgotten - that I used a pre-40 leveling spec that was a hybrid spec between Disc/Holy/Shadow, and then respecced at 40 to more of a "pure" healing spec. Experiencing that again has been interesting!

Finally, I am remembering and liking that crafting meant a lot more back then. While I am really hoping for a 4-slot bag to drop and will be so excited if one does, when I finally can get my first 6-slot crafted linen bag it's going to be a real luxury.

I could go on but I don't want to be boring. What's striking to me is that while I of course had memories of all of this stuff, actually experiencing it again is a whole different thing - it's more compelling, more immersive, and far more enjoyable, than I thought it would be.

So will I change from being one of those "not interested in Classic" players to playing Classic once released? I'm not sure yet, but I'm seriously considering playing at release now, and I wasn't before. I'll see how I feel once I am out of these relatively easy early levels and deeper into the leveling grind. But for now I'm having an absolute blast, and I feel like the experience is absolutely the same as it was when I played vanilla.
    Last edited by Saravat; 2019-05-16 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    Hello,

Most everything is how I remember, in a good sense. It was a rush of memories. I just despise leveling, let alone knowing it will be wiped. As a human, up-to level 8, I didn't come across any bugs. I know Esfand was reporting a bunch of bugs, I think primarily related to item tooltips, but yea.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-05-16 at 01:24 PM.