Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Ret's an aggro hog if it goes all out but can do really well and the group utility can help save people a good amount of the time(this goes for every spec but WoG is purdy stronk).
    One of the 'lovely' features of BfA and the nerf to tank AoE threat (remember when heaps of people at the beginning of the expac said it'd make no difference whatsoever?) is that some specs still have threat management tools, and thus can go nuts and not worry too much, while others' threat management 'tool' consists of 'stop doing damage', which isn't very useful if you're there to do damage. Yet another reason to take an Outlaw if a half-decent one is available.

holy is very strong in M+ and i believe Prot pallies are still the best tank

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    holy is very strong in M+ and i believe Prot pallies are still the best tank
    When were prot pallies ever the strongest tank? In both raids and M+ they're middle of the pack at best(basically they're not monks or monks/warriors, respectively)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    When were prot pallies ever the strongest tank? In both raids and M+ they're middle of the pack at best(basically they're not monks or monks/warriors, respectively)
    i remember at least during season 2 (Reaping season) i heard/red non-stop that Prot pally was the strongest tank, either right behind or just in line with monks? i may be mis-remembering if monks tanks were particularly strong but the 2 discord communities i am apart of back then had very high end M+ players and some mythic raiders, they all agreed Prot pallies were the strongest.

that's just what i was hearing/reading.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    i remember at least during season 2 (Reaping season) i heard/red non-stop that Prot pally was the strongest tank, either right behind or just in line with monks? i may be mis-remembering if monks tanks were particularly strong but the 2 discord communities i am apart of back then had very high end M+ players and some mythic raiders, they all agreed Prot pallies were the strongest.

that's just what i was hearing/reading.
    Wrong prot. They were talking about warriors. Or alternatively they were just delusional and tried to justify their choice of main.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This season looks like holy is our strongest spec for m+.

Prot seems to be a tier behind warriors & monks. They’re in a decent spot.

For ret all that matters (like all dps classes this season) is how lucky the corruption god’s blessed you. Seems like almost any dps class can do well based on your corruption.

This is just my personal opinion.

Your strongest role is the one you play the best. There's no nebulous phantom wizardry that will somehow make you win more by playing a different role just because others claim it is doing the best.

Every paladin spec plays well right now. We are dps monsters in wings regardless of spec. We have a range of cc and utility options and all of our specs can take hits and throw heals in a crisis. It's a damn good time, play what you enjoy and embrace it.

Holy, always holy. Ret is boring as hell. And prot only if you are not puggin'

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to agree with the Holy selection. We are in a very good place at the moment even after the 2nd nerf to Glimmer of Light. Great utility that you get off the bat and added utility if you choose to talent into it, arguably the best burst healing capability as well as being considered the best healer in terms of healing throughput in M+ and raids, and are able to pump out "good enough" to "amazing" damage when it's necessary or for the fuck of it.

Holy is in a great spot.

I play holy currently. Today I gambled my 480 chest and it does not have glimmer. That now makes 2 out 3 pieces that I don’t have glimmer.

Is the spec totally worthless with just 1 glimmer trait? Should re spec prot or ret until I can farm 3 glimmer traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    I play holy currently. Today I gambled my 480 chest and it does not have glimmer. That now makes 2 out 3 pieces that I don’t have glimmer.

Is the spec totally worthless with just 1 glimmer trait? Should re spec prot or ret until I can farm 3 glimmer traits?
    https://wingsisup.com/build said you should use 420 with glimmer over a 450 without. In the same vein, you should use a 450 with glimmer over a 480 without.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    https://wingsisup.com/build said you should use 420 with glimmer over a 450 without. In the same vein, you should use a 450 with glimmer over a 480 without.
    Yup. Glimmer is so powerful it almost doesn't feel worth playing without 3 glimmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 traits of Glimmer is almost mandatory if not absolutely mandatory. I personally wouldn't run without 3 traits of it especially with all of the Haste gear I've accumulated for it.

On a side note, is Void Ritual corruption effect better than going for the "proc X Haste" corruption effect?