in that order or

Prot
    Ret
    Holy

?

I'd say

Prot

Ret / Holy

Can't honestly remember the last time I had a holy or ret in one of my M+ runs

Ret, and prot closely behind.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Holy isn't bad it's great.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Very interested in this thread, currently toss between Resto Shaman and a Holy Paladin for M+ which is all I care about. I won't be pushing hard keys but I do like 13-17 PUGS.

All 3 have been played in 25s, none of them are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Very interested in this thread, currently toss between Resto Shaman and a Holy Paladin for M+ which is all I care about. I won't be pushing hard keys but I do like 13-17 PUGS.
    I suppose it depends which angle you want to approach it from, because both of them can heal those without a struggle but for me the enjoyment comes from the extra things you can do and dpsing which just presents itself much more often on a paladin. Pugs can be annoying in that regard with random pulls that mess up your cooldown planning but even then I'd still prefer to play a more healing focused paladin than a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Holy is bad.

Ret is extremely strong if you have a tank who can actually hold aggro.

I find myself doing 30k dps average dps throughout the dungeon assuming there is a lot of aoe involved.

Prot is fine and a good well rounded tank. single target dps is an issue.

30k average is middle of the pack at best. Prot is worse than Blood DK and Warrior, possibly also worse than Monk.
    Holy is in a really good spot, the only thing keeping them out of the absolute hoghest keys is the utility the resto druids bring. If it wasn’t for that Holy paladin would probably be the default healer for all things m+

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is really good, Prot is good & if Ret gets some storm proccs, it `s also super fine up to 20.

It`s just that players prefer to invite bad rogues or dhs for their 10-15keys because they are fotm / bis.

Have seen so many bad rogues depleting keys & not knowing what to do in dungeons. But hey, it `s fotm, so they get insta invites.

Prot.

By far.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ld/paladin/all

Rank 1: Ret - 3712
    Rank 2: Prot - 3600,8
    Rank 3: Prot - 3484,6
    Rank 4: Holy - 3446,8
    Rank 5: Holy - 3412,3
    Rank 6: Holy - 3323,2
    Rank 7: Prot - 3309,4
    Rank 8: Ret - 3283,5
    Rank 9: Prot 3273,1
    Rank 10: Prot - 3234,2

All specs are viable at a high level but the strongest is for you to decide.

There are very few "bad" specs for M+ honestly, and even those that are at a significant disadvantage can still do just fine/top damage when geared and controlled by a good player.

You will have the hardest time finding a group as ret even though it does very high AOE damage and has decent utility, but that is just because so many people playing M+ are sheep and think that anything that isn't the absolute best (i.e. outlaw rogue) is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xesper View Post
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...ld/paladin/all

Rank 1: Ret - 3712
    Rank 2: Prot - 3600,8
    Rank 3: Prot - 3484,6
    Rank 4: Holy - 3446,8
    Rank 5: Holy - 3412,3
    Rank 6: Holy - 3323,2
    Rank 7: Prot - 3309,4
    Rank 8: Ret - 3283,5
    Rank 9: Prot 3273,1
    Rank 10: Prot - 3234,2

All specs are viable at a high level but the strongest is for you to decide.
    Naridas (Rank 5) is me. Absolutely love holy in M+. You actually need to use your brain unlike RestoD/Monk

Most classes and specs are fine for up to 20 keys. The players themselves are more of a problem, than classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Naridas (Rank 5) is me. Absolutely love holy in M+. You actually need to use your brain unlike RestoD/Monk
    Is there a cookie cutter build to use or does it vary on dungeon/affix/gear & comp?

Or maybe a guide i can reference?
    Thanks

Prot > Holy> Ret

Ret would be higher if I had managed to play with a single one who knew what threat management was.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them do really well in +s up at key levels 20 and up.

Ret's an aggro hog if it goes all out but can do really well and the group utility can help save people a good amount of the time(this goes for every spec but WoG is purdy stronk).

Prot can do ridiculous amounts of aoe damage and healing all at once, basically like having 2 healers in the group almost.

Holy can keep everyone alive while also serving as a 4th DPS, don't sleep on it.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2019-09-21 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Prot - go look at Felinator's raiderio profile.

Lol. Protection, of course, because dps are a dime a dozen, and healers aren't really that much rarer than dps.

Also, protection pala is a beast in wpvp. Not in bgs and arenas, though, because the fucking template nerfs you to SHIT and you can't kill anything nor are you that sturdy, but outside pvp instances there is no template, and prot pala shines.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-11 at 11:26 AM.

Depends a lot why you want to know. For example, you looking to form a group to push very high keys? You want one to pug your weekly 10? It would help to know so we could offer better insight.
    I mean if I'm making a pug group, I'm probably never gonna pick a retri paladin.

Assuming you are pulling even remotely correctly, you should be able to do 45-50k+ dps as Ret with proper traits/essences/spec. Still worse than Outlaw but very competitive.

The major issue is that Ret doesn't bring anything else. No shroud like rogue, no debuffs like DH/Monk/War, and of course your max DPS is completely reliant on having a DH in the group + warrior/scrolls and ideally even a monk (though that's the last important). Meanwhile DH can buff their own damage and use scrolls.

(the buff system is incredibly stupid for m+)