Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Um... no. They did not betray anyone. Lor'themar banished them from Silvermoon and the blood elf society.
    Being banished from a group doesnt give them permission to join their enemies. Staying neutral and out of the conflict would have been the right thing to do. They were banished because they did something very wrong and completely against blood elf society.

So, you are saying that every criminal punished for a crime has a right to turn against the society who punished them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Being banished from a group doesnt give them permission to join their enemies.
    One: no one needs "permission". And being banished means that those who did the banishment are basically "washing their hands". They would no longer care for the banished, and the banished would not represent them anymore.

Staying neutral and out of the conflict would have been the right thing to do.
    Which is exactly what Umbric and his research team did. They remained neutral, until Alleria rescued them from a botched experiment.

They were banished because they did something very wrong and completely against blood elf society.
    Which is irrelevant to the point about betrayal.

So, you are saying that every criminal punished for a crime has a right to turn against the society who punished them?
    A criminal, just like any citizen, can request for citizenship in another country. If said country will allow for such request, it's another matter entirely. Keep in mind the void elves did not seek the Alliance. The Alliance sought them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    You mean the part where Alleria acknowledges even she's going to lose control despite having been void-training for centuries? That part of Argus?

Meanwhile, these randos out in space with no training are a sound bet on the "not a time bomb" scale.
    what's funny, is that we already see evidence of severe instability in people that they consider competent enough to be sent out on missions, in that female member of the void elf island team.

if that kind of instability is what passes for mastery, this is equivalent to lobbing hand grenades with mustard gas in them and your troops don't have gas masks.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    stormwind betrayed them by spying on them, sending a dwarf agent and night elven saboteurs. they practically fully invaded the ghostlands. as i said before on this, one plausible theory is that this was done by onyxia, but there is no canon explanation for why stormwind decided to spy on their former allies in their time to dire need.
    Completely forgot about the weirdness of that dwarf being there. I guess the alliance was being overly cautious?? I've no idea, I probably forgot because it's just so out of left field. As for the elves, that's not Stormwind, that's Darnassus. I always kind of figured it was a case of their ancient feud rearing it's head there, warry about what the blood elves will do in their dire hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Completely forgot about the weirdness of that dwarf being there. I guess the alliance was being overly cautious?? I've no idea, I probably forgot because it's just so out of left field. As for the elves, that's not Stormwind, that's Darnassus. I always kind of figured it was a case of their ancient feud rearing it's head there, warry about what the blood elves will do in their dire hour.
    they were working in coordination with the dwarf, so would one assume they were sent there in conjunction.

some people think it was fandral, others onyxia, but nothing is known. until proven otherwise, since the dwarf was a member of SI:7, it's a stormwind issue.

How is this even a question? Of course they did, and I can't believe people here are deluding themselves into thinking they didn't. Whether banishing them or forbidding the use of Void Magic was hypocritical is besides the point.

As far as I know, no one ever excluded them from the Horde. That they were no longer welcome in Silvermoon in no way means they're no longer part of the Horde. They were still formally a part of it when they decided to join the Alliance, the mortal enemies of the Horde and Quel'thalas. They joined a faction that is waging open war against their homeland.
    And for what? They were banished, yes. As we have seen, the use of Void Magic endangers the Sunwell, the foundation of bloodelf civilization. Practicing it in Silvermoon, so close to the sunwell, willfully and massively endangers the entire Thalassian civilization - not to speak of the risks to the practicioners and bystanders. After just restoring the Sunwell and bringing their people back from the brink of utter ruin, these actions are especially hard to overlook.
    After all this, naturally they were first told to stop practicing this insanely dangerous magic and following the studies of the greatest monster and worst traitor in Thalassian history. Despite the immense danger they put their entire people in, Umbric and his followers still refused that direct (and extremely reasonable, as pointed out) order by their rulers.
    I wouldn't blame Lor'themar for accusing them of treason right then and there, but instead they were just told that if they weren't going to stop with this dangerous madness no matter what, they should do so where they can't harm the Sunwell with it, that is, not in Silvermoon. Which is probably the mildest and most forgiving response Lor'themar could give without endangering his people just as recklessly as Umbric does.
    That Umbric and his followers are outraged by this paints them as nothing more than ungrateful, ignorant idiots. And that Alleria sympathizes with them ("exiled for their quest for understanding", yeah right) is laughable. As if that wasn't enough, after Umbric's research inevitably backfires and almost gets all of his followers killed or enslaved, proving that Silvermoon was right all along by judging that magic dangerous and beyond their control and restricting its use to outside Silvermoon, he comes to the conclusion ... that he must now join Silvermoon's mortal enemies, declaring open war against the city to repay that "injustice"?

So yes, the Void Elves are definitely traitors to the Horde and to Quel'thalas. Not that there aren't good reasons to turn against the Horde right now, but the Void Elves do it for the most idiotic, immoral and nonsensical reasons possible.
    Last edited by desercitus; 2019-05-16 at 10:50 AM.