Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Launches August 27th, Beta May 15th

WoW Classic Launches August 27, 2019. Beta Starts May 15th
    Blizzard announced this morning that WoW Classic will launch on August 27th, 2019. The beta starts May 15th!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Mark your calendars: WoW Classic goes live worldwide August 27! Whether your battle cry is “For the Horde!” or “For the Alliance!”, there’s no shortage of adventure awaiting you in the vast continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

See below for details on the exact time you can log in and experience the origins of World of Warcraft.

Classic WoW Testing Schedule
    Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

Stress Test Schedule*
    Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
    Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
    Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19
    *Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Create Your Character
    If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 27 in local time.
    ** To align with other regions, the Americas character creation will occur slightly ahead of August 13.

I'll give it a go just for the sake of it at this point. Already invested into FF14.

HYPE!

Can't wait to be playing a real MMORPG again soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh fuck yea baby back to the glorious roots

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    HYPE!

Can't wait to be playing a real MMORPG again soon.
    hope there are classic only forums so i can stop reading people complaining

enjoy!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic LUL enjoy your Nostalgia for a month before it dies

10+ Year Old Account
    The hype is real!

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hope there are classic only forums so i can stop reading people complaining

enjoy!
    This! Cant wait for classic so all the vanilla crybabies will disappear. But hey... who are we kidding?

They will be back here after a month crying that classic isn't the real vanilla. Nostalgia is a bitch :'D

"Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account."

Pretty much expected, late Aug/early Sep. to not interfere with 8.2

oooooo i cant wait!

first!

And of course we have people wanting Classic to fail in the thread....

Shocker.

I'll never understand why the modern gaming era has this mentality. Back when I was young we all just got along. I mean console wars existed but it was very friendly.

Nowadays something has to fail for the sake of it according to some vitriolic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Classic LUL enjoy your Nostalgia for a month before it dies
    Yea I thought this as well until I tried p-server. Ended up hooked 24/7 for 6 months. So no, it's not only Nostalgia.

Glad to finally have a release date, can't wait to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    "Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account."
    They always said as long as your subbed to retail classic was included

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    They never actually said that about the Beta at all until today. Just the live release of the client.

giving people a head of time name selection... Eh remove that

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    This! Cant wait for classic so all the vanilla crybabies will disappear. But hey... who are we kidding?

They will be back here after a month crying that classic isn't the real vanilla. Nostalgia is a bitch :'D
    Yes it will be interesting to see how long it will take them..

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    The last 3 regular beta's you never needed game time.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They never actually said that about the Beta at all until today. Just the live release of the client.
    Yes, Blizz actually stated that if you have a active wow subscription or game time you get Classic wow too, like a year ago..