Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    But @coprax don't you remember? Vanilla was famous for it's twitch streamer community back in the day

True.
    I bet people like Esfand and TipsOut will be among the very first to get access; even though they are private server players.
    I like both of them, it sets a false precedent, while on the other hand Blizzard bans and disinvites people like Preach for using some insignificant 'cheat' in their live game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "I'm not playing pserver because its free, I play it for the vanilla experience!"

its not free

*suprise pikachu*
    Yeah, because working server is comparable to requiring subscription for short term stress test.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I guess I'll give it a shot, even if it could be just for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I bet very coincidentally most of them will be twitch streamers.
    I'm sure a lot will. That would be a very good and obvious choice for Blizzard to make. Why not use avenues that generate the most exposure and let people see it and comment on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Really? The release date is the back-to-school week? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    This is intentional.
    Blizzard knows the big classic draw is from working folks who can request days off from work for launch .
    So awesome that the kiddies aren't going to all be online that first week.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    True.
    I bet people like Esfand and TipsOut will be among the very first to get access; even though they are private server players.
    I like both of them, it sets a false precedent, while on the other hand Blizzard bans and disinvites people like Preach for using some insignificant 'cheat' in their live game.
    I'm sure they'll let them in IF and only if they sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hope there are classic only forums so i can stop reading people complaining

enjoy!
    oh the amount of whine will be glorious.

So fun to see all these anti-Classic people coming in here with their all knowing knowledge, despite having been wrong so many times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And of course we have people wanting Classic to fail in the thread....

Shocker.

I'll never understand why the modern gaming era has this mentality. Back when I was young we all just got along. I mean console wars existed but it was very friendly.

Nowadays something has to fail for the sake of it according to some vitriolic people.
    We can't turn it over. The classic crowd also want retail to fail.

Shocker I know.

Looks cool I am looking forward to it.
    Imagine just being happy that the mmorpg genre is getting something this year besides Korean mmos... Even if it is just a rerelease.

10+ Year Old Account
    That statue though...

Who knew Ragnaros could be so HOT.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Really? The release date is the back-to-school week? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Well it's generally a bad time to release games at the beginning of summer, because that's where most people go on holidays and generally spend more time outside.

And tbh teenagers probably aren't their core audience anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course we have people wanting Classic to fail in the thread....

Shocker.

I'll never understand why the modern gaming era has this mentality. Back when I was young we all just got along. I mean console wars existed but it was very friendly.

Nowadays something has to fail for the sake of it according to some vitriolic people.
    You're such a hypocrite dude. All you're ever doing on these forums is hating on WoW and hoping for it to fail (current version) even though you don't play it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    they are to dumb to realize this. You can remaster a game, but not a feeling

another thing people fail to realize is that this is a throwback to vanilla. Its not a wow restart. You get classic and nothing more. You won't get new content, new updates etc, Game has a rather limited lifespan
    Imagine being too dumb to realize that maybe people aren’t chasing a feeling, and actually do just want to play vanilla. And literally nobody has ever said they expect updates or new content. The entire point and what people are expecting is the exact opposite. People want vanilla exactly as it was.

12 am for europe? as in 12 in the morning? lul

Ahh WoW, it's been a while old friend can't wait to get back to old warlock

LOL I can't imagine the rage on the classic reddit that they need an active sub... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Simulant View Post
    Imagine being too dumb to realize that maybe people aren’t chasing a feeling, and actually do just want to play vanilla. And literally nobody has ever said they expect updates or new content. The entire point and what people are expecting is the exact opposite. People want vanilla exactly as it was.
    True!
    The gameplay of classic is so much different than retail now... anyone can argue about it as much as they want but they are wrong.

Theres a reason why remastered games are successfull these days... the fact that classic was alot slower of a game overall, which some folk describe as "tedious", is only good for its lifespan.
    As far as im aware the world fastest level 1-110 is like 5 hours, the world fastest 1-60 (years ago) is like 1 week real time. So when classic launches i can almost bet nobody is going to be level 60 by the end of the launch week... if someone is, congratz. But i highly doubt that... and also there are no gear catchup mechanics in classic, atleast to the point of retail. So its going to take months before majority of people are max level, if they dont quit before that.

Only hardcore nolifers will be done with the content in less than 3 months... and we already know how small of a minority that group of people is going to be. Retail has been an example of it for decades.

For the live game. They said Classic would be included in a retail subscription.

Not Beta access. Point to a source other than today's that said you needed the sub for Beta. You will not find one.

- - - Updated - - -

"Tidus laughing intensifies"
    Did you think they were going to give beta access to players who aren't subscribed to the game? I mean, what are you getting at here? I'd think it would be assumed pretty obviously that you'd need to subscribed to the game to be considered for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    True!
    The gameplay of classic is so much different than retail now... anyone can argue about it as much as they want but they are wrong.

Theres a reason why remastered games are successfull these days... the fact that classic was alot slower of a game overall, which some folk describe as "tedious", is only good for its lifespan.
    As far as im aware the world fastest level 1-110 is like 5 hours, the world fastest 1-60 (years ago) is like 1 week real time. So when classic launches i can almost bet nobody is going to be level 60 by the end of the launch week... if someone is, congratz. But i highly doubt that... and also there are no gear catchup mechanics in classic, atleast to the point of retail. So its going to take months before majority of people are max level, if they dont quit before that.

Only hardcore nolifers will be done with the content in less than 3 months... and we already know how small of a minority that group of people is going to be. Retail has been an example of it for decades.
    Eh, I having played them all.. yea i probably put classic above bfa... but it's still below wod. Wrath cata and mop had some of the best class game play ever, vanilla's class and spec game play was horrible, but it was better then what we had at the time.

And I will never enjoy leveling... didn't enjoy it in Vanilla, don't enjoy it today, end game is the only part of the game I enjoy.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol August 27th thats during schooltime idiot blizzard. Nobody will be playing